Sports Illustrated calls Colby "Racist Heel" in headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colby himself is an unnecessary element in this sport? his shtick doesn't belong here and it is out of place. Just fight guys and you can still shit talk anybody you like but being a racist heel is a black eye to the sport

The sport of MMA would never grow if we listened to fans like you.

The true litmus test for whether jokes like these are racist is to simply ask yourself this: would it make sense for someone to make this joke about a white person? For example, would Colby talk about someone’s tribe if he faced a white nigerian? Probably not.

For a comment like that to be funny, the person laughing has to buy into a racist stereotype. Doesn’t mean you’re necessarily some full blown white supremacy guy just because you’re making the joke. But perpetuating racist stereotypes does objective harm, even if the person doing it is just being an ignorant ass hat.

Colby just fought for 3 rounds while the entire Brazilian crowd chanted "You Gonna Die."

And it wasn't racist because it was true. That's why the Brazil crowd hated him then, and hated him now.

I'm white, and where I live there's some places here where white people live are complete shitholes. If a black person said "That area is a shithole" it wouldn't be racist, because it'd be true.

Yeah, again he's not lying.

Look at the biggest names BLM has held protests for, all life-long criminals without exceptions.
okay so you don’t know what you’re talking about at all. that’s fair, you should have said that from the jump. unfortunately, it’s not my job to educate you. everything he’s said is intentionally racist bullshit designed to create heat in our politically charged world, i don’t even think he truly believes it. you do, which is kinda funny but whatever. i don’t particularly care enough about your opinion to try and change it. stay woke, amigo.

"Covington then turned to selling his next fight, and calling out his future opponent, a native of Nigeria. "Did you get a call from freaking your little tribe?” he asked. “Did they give you some smoke signals?" - From SI Article

This is not racist to you?

Not racist as all. It's kind of xenophobic but it's all a joke to Colby. He's acting.

What race is he discriminating against with that comment?

okay so you don’t know what you’re talking about at all. that’s fair, you should have said that from the jump. unfortunately, it’s not my job to educate you. everything he’s said is intentionally racist bullshit designed to create heat in our politically charged world, i don’t even think he truly believes it. you do, which is kinda funny but whatever. i don’t particularly care enough about your opinion to try and change it. stay woke, amigo.

I'm 'woke?'

<Dany07>

As for the rest of your post, it translates to 'I can't back up anything I say.'

Any crowd that chants 'You gonna die' to foreign opponents are 'filthy animals' at best and racist at worst, but since in this case since the foreign opponent is white and the crowd is brown, that makes them neither right? Its practically acceptable.

As for the 'You don't know what you talking about' with BLM, I'm VERY knowledgeable about BLM, and how their founders and organizers are self-proclaimed 'trained Marxists' that exclusively publicize when black criminals are killed, either justifiably or not, by white police officers.

They don't give a shit when black police officers shoot black criminals.
They don't give a shit when black criminals shoot innocent black people.
They don't give a shit about the hundreds of people shot and killed in Chicago every year, because that's mostly black-on-black murders.

But when black criminals are shot by white cops, they suddenly give a shit then.... and mostly in President election years... 2012, 2016, and 2020.

Haven't heard jack shit from BLM since Biden won the election, have you?

Not Dana. The fans. Colby was basically Frankie Edgar 2.0 but not a needle mover; the fans did not care about him and he was gonna get cut. As soon as he went heel, people wanted to see him KO'd. Dana just goes where the money is, cant blame him. If we do not want fighters playing the heel, then we must not reward them with our clicks and viewership.

Dunno what element of 'blame' there is about it, Colby does the schtick but he still has to win fights for it to be effective, is normal in combat sports to see this kind of thing.

Colby is so deep in his kayfabe now its probably permanent

You americans and your race war. I just want to see a fight and Kamaru said we should bet
"Covington then turned to selling his next fight, and calling out his future opponent, a native of Nigeria. "Did you get a call from freaking your little tribe?” he asked. “Did they give you some smoke signals?" - From SI Article

This is not racist to you?

How is this racist? He's actually giving them props in terms of being able to make fire. Which they probably haven't discovered yet. If you think about it its undeniably anti racist.

Everyone knows the backstory on Colby's act now. It'd be silly to blame Colby for doing it - if he never started, he would have remained a nobody, been cut, and may have been out of the sport at this point.

Instead his profile has blown up big time and if he manages to beat Kamaru and become champion, his bandwagon is going to be full.

Colby himself is an unnecessary element in this sport? his shtick doesn't belong here and it is out of place. Just fight guys and you can still shit talk anybody you like but being a racist heel is a black eye to the sport
What has he said that is racist?

Everyone knows the backstory on Colby's act now. It'd be silly to blame Colby for doing it - if he never started, he would have remained a nobody, been cut, and may have been out of the sport at this point.

Historicly the ufc never cut anyone on a winning streak (outside of bad actions outside the cage or inactivity)

This may be the first time I've ever heard of anyone black being pissed at the accusation they send smoke signals.

Because its not a stereotype attributed to black people.

Native Americans would be pissed based on the stereotype, based on old westerns and folk tales, which were incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back