SSF Lightweight Gi *Pics*

P

pyr0

I just got this via USPS, so this is just a quick review until I can roll in it tonight...

Initial Impressions:

• Good looking quality
    [*]Bright SSF logos
    [*]Good packaging
    [*]Free belt

The pants are nice and lightweight, but strong at the same time. The drawstring is the exact same style as the Mkimonos Lutador Americano gi I have. I wear 36" waist jeans, and these pants fit me fine with the drawstring pulled, with a little room to spare for bigger guys. You probably wouldn't have a problem up to size 40"

The top is nice. Is does have one horizontal stitch near the top, but it doesn't look like I will notice it when on my back. The collar is really cool. It is almost spongy, and feels like it will be really comfortable. I have included a close up shot of the right sleeve, so you can see the weave and the embroidered logo.

I am 6' 200lbs, and the arms fit fine. Around the waist and chest, it was a little big, but I am going to wash it in warm water to shrink it just a bit. The fabric and weave seem nice, and I will give a better review after I roll in it tonight.

As always, it was shipped to my door 3 days after I ordered it. Thanks Ron.

weave3tb.jpg

package0rd.jpg

looks nice, SSF do these things come without any patches?

I wanted to find a mizuno bjj kimono without the Rickson gracie emblems on them. Do you know if they make one?

Thanks, sorry for hijack.

thanks for the pics, I definitally need to pick one of these up, I love my double but it is hot in the summer.

Pyro-let me know what you think after rolling in it.

Gsoares2- The only patch on the LW is the embroidered ones on the sleeves.

All the Rickson Gracie Mizunos come without patches. You can only get the Rickson patches if you are a member of his assoc.

www.ScientificStreetFighting.net

the weave looks kinda gold weave-like. am I seeing that correctly?

The LW is a gold weave, the same one that Kikskin uses in their Komp gi. The SSF Pro gold weave will be different.

www.SSFgear.com

Up until this point I've done all no gi training, but the new school I'm joining over the summer has gi classes available. Maybe I'll pick one of these up and try out a few clases. Thanks for the review.

I got one yesterday as well. Pretty impressive gi.

There are no patches on this one.

It felt really comfortable. One thing though, is that it is very easy for the opponent to grip. This may go away in time, but I will see.

It's because of the light weight. If the material was thicker/heavier then it would be harder to grip.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
It's because of the light weight. If the material was thicker/heavier then it would be harder to grip.

www.SSFgear.com

That, and the top is a *little* too loose. I am currently trying to shrink it in the dryer.

pyr0 said:
It felt really comfortable. One thing though, is that it is very easy for the opponent to grip. This may go away in time, but I will see.
Hmm I have no problem gripping any gi. The only time a gi is hard to grip is if you put starch on it and it becomes stiff as fuck. Learn to avoid the grips :icon_conf

ron, im about 5'11 205lbs should i get the a3 size? also i like that pro gi when is that gonna be available?

Back