SSF Lightweight Gi *Pics*

Mobsta said:
ron, im about 5'11 205lbs should i get the a3 size? also i like that pro gi when is that gonna be available?

You would be a size 5. The Pro gi will be out in Aug/Sep time frame.

www.SSFgear.com

So the Pro will be the cousin, so to speak, of the Rickson Conquest? granted I've only seen a Conquest in person once (Saulo wore one on one of the nights I was at his academy in Toledo), the weave on the Pro doesn't strike me as quite the same...but then again what do I know. What would be the benefits to a smaller, tighter weave as opposed to a gold weave like say......an Atama? or even the Gold weave from the lightweight SSF?

Yes, the gold weave on the SSF LW, Ounao and the Kikskin are looser and bigger then the weave on the Pro (not as tight so not as much material so lighter). The Rickson comes in three different weave so you may not have seen the same weave. I saw Saulo last weekend and he was wearing a Mizuno then as well.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
Yes, the gold weave on the SSF LW, Ounao and the Kikskin are looser and bigger then the weave on the Pro (not as tight so not as much material so lighter). The Rickson comes in three different weave so you may not have seen the same weave. I saw Saulo last weekend and he was wearing a Mizuno then as well.

www.SSFgear.com

Weave 101 I guess =) thought Saulo's looked kinda gold-ish but last time I saw it was around a year ago....haven't seen him wear it since. will the larger sizes of the SSF LW be out roughly around the same timeframe as the Pro? doubt I could squeeze into a 5....would wait 'til the 6's came out. maybe if I hit it big in Las Vegas this coming weekend I'll get a LW and a Pro :D

Yes, we are hoping to get them both around the same time frame.

I made a mistake in the last post, I saw Saulo two weekends ago, not last.

www.SSFgear.com

We just sold out of the gis. We will have more of the LW and the new Pro gis in soon. Thanks for the support, they sold a lot faster then we had planned.

www.SSFgear.com

I am willing to sell mine at a very discounted price if anyone wants it. I don't wear it as much as I thought I would.

I should be getting mine in the post tomorrow, will do a full review soon after.

Why arn't you wearing your so much pyr0?

The SSF Pro Gold weave will be as soft as an Atama Gold weave. We have ok'd they hybird weave as well so they will both be here in a few months.

www.SSFgear.com

Hi Ron,

When do you think you will get the A2 size of the LW gi in stock?

We have the SSF Hybird and Pro gis in production right now. The SSF LW gi will follow soon after but I don't have a date yet. The hybird weave is lighter then a Gold weave but just as strong so you may be interested in that gi.

www.SSFgear.com

Back