Media Justin Gaethje Talks about Holloway Fight - the Aftermath

This was one of the saddest fights I have ever watched. I am a BIG Gaethje fan, and I thought it was stupid for him to take this fight, when it appeared he would get the next shot at the belt. It was a great fight, and will live forever in UFC history, but I have a feeling this is going to be the fight that starts Gaethje's decline. At 35 years of age, and many brutal wars, I don't think he will ever fight for the championship again, and that's sad to me, when he could have waited for Islam and had that one last chance. I hope I'm wrong!

This was one of the saddest fights I have ever watched. I am a BIG Gaethje fan, and I thought it was stupid for him to take this fight, when it appeared he would get the next shot at the belt. It was a great fight, and will live forever in UFC history, but I have a feeling this is going to be the fight that starts Gaethje's decline. At 35 years of age, and many brutal wars, I don't think he will ever fight for the championship again, and that's sad to me, when he could have waited for Islam and had that one last chance. I hope I'm wrong!
Well said. Gaethje has never been in a bad fight, 100% guaranteed violence. 35 years old with a ton of milage puts him in a bad spot as he will be fighting top 5 guys. Hope he gets a big win in his next fight and retires.

This was one of the happiest fights I have ever watched. I am a BIG Gaethje hater and an even bigger Holloway fan. I thought it was really smart of him to take this fight when it appeared he would get the next title shot. It was a great fight and will live on forever as the time Gaethje got whooped and put out cold by a featherweight. At 35 years old and many brutal wars, his next fight could be for the belt because... It's the UFC. That's sad to me because I only think he ever deserved the first title shot. I think he could very well fight somebody like Dariush to get another shot but I hope I'm wrong and he gets starched again in his next fight.

Not flaming just observing but the lip smacking and headshake aren't a good look. Maybe he's just still full of regret but I can't recall seeing him talk like that.

Back