St. Carnal's Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know enough about kids to speak much on the age ranges and time frames suggested - I believe you'd want to expose a kid to swimming and various kinds of physical activities/movements at even younger ages, but as mostly unstructured play - but I agree entirely with the activities listed. Sounds much better than what passed for physical education in schools.

My eldest son (4 next month) does gymnastics and loves it. I think it's at least a pretty good base for any future physical activities he may wish to pursue.

I did gymnastics when I was younger. I think it's the reason why I am so flexible.

Last edited:
Just where do you think you're posting?

I ran over a cat on the way home from work today. /feelsbadman

Just where do you think you're posting?

Welcome to Sherdog, where the facts are made up and the references don't matter.

Drew_Carey.jpg

That's too bad about the cat.

One reason my cats are indoor cats. Another is people are assholes. A third is coyotes.

I pulled back around and it was dead. This was during rush hour just off of downtown. A neighbor came out and said it was probably a stray (no collar) as there is a stray problem around there. She was going to call the animal control guy. There wasn't a chance in hell that I would have been able to get the cat myself w/o someone stopping traffic both ways.

My 3 year old niece also does gymnastics. She just started this Summer and it seems like an inexpensive and easy way to get them into something semi-organized that is physical but requires minimal equipment (on the parents' side, unlike hockeyfor example) and also gets them doing stuff with other kids.

Minimal equipment is a big plus. My parents looked at the price of hockey gear and signed me up for soccer instead.

I pulled back around and it was dead. This was during rush hour just off of downtown. A neighbor came out and said it was probably a stray (no collar) as there is a stray problem around there. She was going to call the animal control guy. There wasn't a chance in hell that I would have been able to get the cat myself w/o someone stopping traffic both ways.

Fair enough, given the situation.

Minimal equipment is a big plus. My parents looked at the price of hockey gear and signed me up for soccer instead.

Yeah that's why I didn't play hockey until I was 13 and big enough to use most of my Dad's old hockey equipment. I've since replaced everything but the first couple years my gear was pretty ghetto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back