Staircase-Netflix Doc on Michael Peterson case

Came in thinking...Peterson...what was that crazy case? Then remembered, it was Scott Peterson.

Id watch that.
Don't trust dudes with the last name Peterson is what I'm getting out of all the news. Especially is their first name is Scott...

Just finished the last episode.

I really have no idea if he did it. The similar death situation between his wife and his former friend, and the fact he lied to his attorneys about how his former friend died, were very suspect. Thats the biggest thing for me. Then the lacerations on his wife.

But the fact other than that there was no substantial evidence, all of that testimony in the original trial was utter bullshit which is crazy, his family loves him. I really just dont know.

Just finished the last episode.

I really have no idea if he did it. The similar death situation between his wife and his former friend, and the fact he lied to his attorneys about how his former friend died, were very suspect. Thats the biggest thing for me. Then the lacerations on his wife.

But the fact other than that there was no substantial evidence, all of that testimony in the original trial was utter bullshit which is crazy, his family loves him. I really just dont know.

The way his attorney reacted when they found the blowpoker basically said it all to me. He was fucking pissed and questioned Peterson and if they should even reveal it.

Yeah, it makes sense to me. In fairness though, if you dig deep enough you can probably come up with similar theories to bizarre murders like this one.

So, while it does make sense to me, it could also be a case where whoever came up with it, worked long and hard on how to spin it, and just applied a far out theory that just happens to check all the boxes. The guy could've very well killed her all the same, but the owl theory is pretty compelling nonetheless.

I think if an owl attacked her outside and she ran inside there would be some blood on the way in. Also despite the documentary trying to hide the fact, there WAS blood on the ceiling on the staircase.

I thought it was pretty good. Could've been a lot shorter though. Maybe a few episodes shorter. I'm on the fence whether I think he did it or not, but regardless, there probably wasn't enough evidence to convict him. But juries are full of retards, so you know...

I thought it was pretty good. Could've been a lot shorter though. Maybe a few episodes shorter. I'm on the fence whether I think he did it or not, but regardless, there probably wasn't enough evidence to convict him. But juries are full of retards, so you know...

the documentary tried to hide a lot of the compelling evidence like blood on the ceiling.

I don’t trust the editing in documentaries about court cases like this. But I can say there’s enough information to suggest Peterson didn’t get a fair trial.

Based on what I have seen, I think he’s guilty, but i’d need to see all the evidence to actually convict him.

I don’t trust the editing in documentaries about court cases like this. But I can say there’s enough information to suggest Peterson didn’t get a fair trial.

Based on what I have seen, I think he’s guilty, but i’d need to see all the evidence to actually convict him.

He absolutely didn't get a fair trail. The NC SBI was literally criminal in it's actions; it was actually even worse than presented in the doc, but I still think he did it.

He absolutely didn't get a fair trail. The NC SBI was literally criminal in it's actions; it was actually even worse than presented in the doc, but I still think he did it.
Agreed. I was happy to see the judge finally interviewed at the end. The entire time, I was wondering what he thought of that cluster fuck of a trial after the evidence against the SBI came out.

the documentary tried to hide a lot of the compelling evidence like blood on the ceiling.

I did notice that. They really tiptoed around it. I guess that's the perks of doing a documentary, you can slant it however you like.

Was a great show back when I watched it and cant wait to see the new ones. This dude had hidden things in his life that I wont spoil for those who dont know, but if he lied about that, he's probably lying about the murder. Plus the first wife dying the same way....no you cant get a pass for two. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...right George Bush?
saw it years ago... its been on youtube.

was good... so crazy both his wives died in weird ways. .

It wasn't both his wives. The first woman was just a friend, and she died of a stroke. Coroners can see strokes pretty clearly. The stroke probably caused her to fall down the stairs.

The only similarities were that they both died on the stairs and that he was the last one to see both alive. Which yeah, is one helluva coincidence. But how could he fake the stroke? Or cause the stroke? That's the part about that theory that doesn't hold water.

The last scene is great btw.

Leonard Cohen is amazing and his lyrics sounds almost like they were written for this movie.

It wasn't both his wives. The first woman was just a friend, and she died of a stroke. Coroners can see strokes pretty clearly. The stroke probably caused her to fall down the stairs.

The only similarities were that they both died on the stairs and that he was the last one to see both alive. Which yeah, is one helluva coincidence. But how could he fake the stroke? Or cause the stroke? That's the part about that theory that doesn't hold water.
I haven’t seen the show in years but I remember they dug her body up and found it to be a homicide, or something like that.

Only similarities are her being dead on stairs, he was last one with them and they both had head wounds and blood everywhere if I remember correctly . Think he got away with it once so tried it again... but yeah you are right I just googled it, wasn’t his wife. Haven’t seen it in years I’m gonna rewatch it at some point

Back