Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.3 (Dragonlord's Initial Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the new Star Wars is as follows.

There needed to be a complete outline for all 3 movies done at one time. Instead what we have are 3 different directors tasked with writing and directing their own movies. Keep the 3 directors and let them direct with their own style but stick to some plan.

It was almost like Johnson didn't even watch Force Awakens or he was too arrogant and wanted to put his META stamp on this film. He's a glorified tv director not Kubrick, a s master storyteller

Agreed. There’s clearly no plan here. I wonder if JJ is thinking at all “God damnit, Johnson wrote me into a corner!”

Now it’s left to the writer of BvS to get us out of this mess

:rolleyes:

It’s not open, hence the very last scene of the movie. The kid with the broom, another “nobody” was proof that what Ren said was true.
I feel like I’m the only one that likes her being an absolute nobody instead of shoehorned into some family drama

Agreed. There’s clearly no plan here. I wonder if JJ is thinking at all “God damnit, Johnson wrote me into a corner!”

Now it’s left to the writer of BvS to get us out of this mess

:rolleyes:

JJ will be writing as well tho, hopefully we get some cohesion for episode 9

And David Goyer is writing episode 9?????

There needed to be a complete outline for all 3 movies done at one time. Instead what we have are 3 different directors tasked with writing and directing their own movies. Keep the 3 directors and let them direct with their own style but stick to some plan.

It was almost like Johnson didn't even watch Force Awakens or he was too arrogant and wanted to put his META stamp on this film. He's a glorified tv director not Kubrick, a s master storyteller

Lucas had the outlines for all 9 just Disney and Rian didn’t give a shit and wanted to throw it away and put their dick beaters in it.

Hamill is hoping that Luke didn’t die, and teleported somehwere. Highly unlikely but Hamill hates what they did with luke

If Luke Skywalker simply trained Rey in the force, explaining both sides, 80% of these negative reviews would not exist.

I'm certain of that

Lucas had the outlines for all 9 just Disney and Rian didn’t give a shit and wanted to throw it away and put their dick beaters in it.

Hamill is hoping that Luke didn’t die, and teleported somehwere. Highly unlikely but Hamill hates what they did with luke

Lucas's version supposedly focused on kids and teenagers. I'm assuming the OT characters would be there as well.

Teleporting would almost make it worse..... wouldn't it?

Lucas's version supposedly focused on kids and teenagers. I'm assuming the OT characters would be there as well.

Yes because he left the same way yoda and Obi did, so it would be a wtf moment if they went that direction.

It was just to show even hamil is as pissed as a lot of fans.

Some of his recent interviews from the last two days are hilarious.

Not sure if anyone caught the theory video I posted earlier (page 44). But basically the video says that Snoke isn't actually dead.

The reason why Snoke looked less damaged, less battle scared, moved more fluently, was because he was force projecting himself into the throne room.
Just the way that Luke's force projection looked younger, Snoke's force projection looked younger.
I seriously, seriously hope this is true. Otherwise I have no interest in the conflict in episode IX. If it's true, however, we've still got our mega bad and I could get amped up to see the conflict.

Last Jedi is still a shit movie, but I have 'A New Hope'.. excuse the pun.

But the point with Lucas already outlining all 9 is there was a cohesive story, just no one is using it and we have different sets of writers and directors going back and forth changing shit as they see and fucking up the continuation arc.

Rey in Jj’s Version obviously was someone of some lineage and was know. Rian just threw that shit away like Luke’s lightsaber.

Turned snoke into a useless character. Etc et.

It doesn’t make the same kind of sense as I’m sure the original story did.

And yes it had focus on new characters with the old ones supporting.

Rian ditches them on purpose because he thinks it takes too much away from Rey and Kylo. He said that’s why he did it himself. Wanted all focus on them.

Which is bullshit. Obi and yoda didn’t take away from luke, emperor didn’t take away from Vader etc

If only snoke or luke had died it would be easier to do something with, but with both gone it’s kinda nonthing much left to do.

Rey has beaten Kylo twice, no big fear there.

We need some new big bad to emerge and with only one episode left there isn’t enough time.

Fucks up the rhythm of a series.

Not sure if anyone caught the theory video I posted earlier (page 44). But basically the video says that Snoke isn't actually dead.

The reason why Snoke looked less damaged, less battle scared, moved more fluently, was because he was force projecting himself into the throne room.
Just the way that Luke's force projection looked younger, Snoke's force projection looked younger.
I seriously, seriously hope this is true. Otherwise I have no interest in the conflict in episode IX. If it's true, however, we've still got our mega bad and I could get amped up to see the conflict.

Last Jedi is still a shit movie, but I have 'A New Hope'.. excuse the pun.

I’ve seen it and while a good theory, the light saber suprised him so it would have looked like it did when Kylo hit Luke’s projection.

Another theory is that snoke moves to different bodies as they wear out and that’s how he’s been around so long. So that’s a possibility.

With the silly ness we’ve seen I guess luke could have sensed snoke still out there and it was an Astro projection also and one uped him and in his travels learned instant transmission and went to where snoke really is. Would be silly but anything is possible at this point.

Especially with Hamill mentioning it a few times already

I honestly don't know how you create tension with Kylo Ren as your villain. He got overpowered by a Force Rookie in TFA, then gets outsmarted by a Force Hologram. He doesn't feel like a threat , he is am impulsive Mad Dog that is too easily baited.

I’ve seen it and while a good theory, the light saber suprised him so it would have looked like it did when Kylo hit Luke’s projection.

Another theory is that snoke moves to different bodies as they wear out and that’s how he’s been around so long. So that’s a possibility.

With the silly ness we’ve seen I guess luke could have sensed snoke still out there and it was an Astro projection also and one uped him and in his travels learned instant transmission and went to where snoke really is. Would be silly but anything is possible at this point.

Especially with Hamill mentioning it a few times already

What did Hamill mention a few times already? I'm so dismayed by this movie and what it's done to the trilogy as a whole that any possibility of Snoke returning would be good news.

Also, there was lots of news of there being a "Big Reveal" that was meant to be even bigger then the Vader "I am your father" line.
Does anyone have any idea what that may have been? Because I can't for the life of me think what it would have been in TLJ.
Movie disappointed on so many levels considering the hype that was created going in.

I'll take the two movies we've gotten over whatever Lucas wrote. We saw how great he is with no checks or balances during the prequels.

No I like that too. The Force Shouldn't be about one fucking Family.

The force isn’t and has never been about one family, just the original 9 episodes , the three trilogies have always been the story of the Skywalker family.

Lucas always planned for other offshoots to tell other stories. But this one was always supposed to be the Skywalker family story starting in 77.

I was a batha tracks club member way back when, I have an issue somewhere with Lucas talking about the nine episodes being the Skywalker family story from like 1980 or somehwere in that timeframe and talking about other series going into other details of the Star Wars universe not centered on the Skywalker s.

Is it some SJW shit that wants the Skywalker s out of this story? We can all have the force! No shit did you see all the old Jedi? The younglings? They weren’t Skywalker s! Yoda wasn’t mace was t etc etc.

What did Hamill mention a few times already? I'm so dismayed by this movie and what it's done to the trilogy as a whole that any possibility of Snoke returning would be good news.

Also, there was lots of news of there being a "Big Reveal" that was meant to be even bigger then the Vader "I am your father" line.
Does anyone have any idea what that may have been? Because I can't for the life of me think what it would have been in TLJ.
Movie disappointed on so many levels considering the hype that was created going in.

That it could have been teleportation we saw and not death.

And I’m sure what ever big reveal abrams had planned got thrown on the cutting room floor.

I'll take the two movies we've gotten over whatever Lucas wrote. We saw how great he is with no checks or balances during the prequels.

His writing and directing fell off big time after his personal issues, and hell he always had problems they had to do rewrites and reshoots for a new hope also to clean up some of his bs. Initial screenings was bad and they didn’t get the green light to show it in Lucas original cut, people had to clean it up.

But his story was cohesive and made sense.

This shit doesn’t.

I don't think this is automatically the problem, Lucas wrote the original film as a stand alone piece, it had potential for threads of the story to be expanded but he didn't have a totally clear plan.

The difference here though is that I think the original film was designed very much as that, a stand alone piece, it setup the wider universe but gave a pretty free hand to its sequels in terms of building there own plot. The Force Awakens on the other hand is vastly different to that, its a film that I think it does a much worse job selling its overall setting and instead focuses on introducing a collection of mysterys. Its basically a film that tied down its sequel to trying to answer the questions it posed yet I think now its pretty clear Abrams never had answers to those questions planned out. People warned that this was Lost mk2 and I think that's very much come to pass, Abrams using cheap mystery's he has no answer to instead of actually writing good drama/characters.

As I feared as well this film was also very much tied down to the tone Abrams established in TFA which really doesn't suit Starwars at all for me, its like a very vague nostalgia memory of the series filtered though the blandest of modern clichés.(with none of the inspired wit of stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy or Thor Ragnarok). Given that these films are feeding on anti prequel feeling I think its ironic that actually there much close to the prequels in tone with there endless "roger roger"ing droids and the like. A lot of people actually ragged on Rogue One last year for being too serious but that film is much closer to the originals in tone.

Not that Johnson shouldn't take some of the blame for this but for me this film demonstrates what a massive mistake(at least artistically although I suspect it will feed into declining returns) Disney made firing Arndt for needing time to plan a scipt and instead hiring Abrams to rush something out quickly. The reality is great work takes long term planning from talent people, Lucas and other writers took years on the originals, Peter Jackson took years adpating Lord of the Rings, etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back