STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I caught the 3D IMAX showing today in the morning. Decent amount of people. I probably should have waited a few weeks to see this as I hate any type of crowds in a movie. The only real annoying thing was a guy to my left who had a giant bag of popcorn and I wanted to kill him for having to sit there smelling that shit in the morning.

Anyway I gave it a 6. Most people covered a lot of my thoughts.
  • I felt that the trailer fucked up a lot of suspense for me. Nothing felt like a major swerve or reveal for me.
  • I hate Kylo Ren's character arc in general. He was great in TFA until the mask came off and then it was Adam Driver.
  • Snoke was a bit lame which is a shame because the general concept of the throne set fucking awesome with the guards surrounding him.

Man....i just can't wrap my mind around this.
Ive heard multiple people say similar things...amd i canf understand how "interesting choices" = good choices
A lot of things happened that i didnt think would. ..and most of them were not good. Im not understanding how being not what you expected = good.

I am not a SW nerd at all. I just watched the movies about 4 years ago...and i have only seen 1 of the original ones in full.
So as a casual fan, Luke wrecking shit > Luke force projection hara-kiri.
That's just a no brainer.

And Rose...jesus...i really wish i could understand the good, or point you saw in that character. She was a complete waste of time.

Though that might have been cool seeing Luke do that, I loved the Luke ending as it was presented. Probably my favorite part of the whole movie. Ultimate use of the force.

I caught the 3D IMAX showing today in the morning. Decent amount of people. I probably should have waited a few weeks to see this as I hate any type of crowds in a movie. The only real annoying thing was a guy to my left who had a giant bag of popcorn and I wanted to kill him for having to sit there smelling that shit in the morning.

Anyway I gave it a 6. Most people covered a lot of my thoughts.
  • I felt that the trailer fucked up a lot of suspense for me. Nothing felt like a major swerve or reveal for me.
  • I hate Kylo Ren's character arc in general. He was great in TFA until the mask came off and then it was Adam Driver.
  • Snoke was a bit lame which is a shame because the general concept of the throne set fucking awesome with the guards surrounding him.

I feel the mask should have stayed on until at least the later portion of tlj

Lucas had some interesting ideas for 7-9, but luke still had the same “lukeness” to him.

You can replace Kylo with Anakin Solo and there was also Ben Skywalker in reys place.

I guarantee Lucas would have had Rey be either a Skywalker or a kenobi.

I think he wanted her to be a kenobi personally and jj did too, there is so much that pulls that way.
I think JJ should make it to where Kylo lied to Rey about her parents and she ends up a Kenobi, since TFA points to it. At the end of 9 she finally knows the truth etc..

Agreed. I remember reading how much effort they went into Kylo Ren's mask/voice and that got wasted by the 'reveal' halfway through TFA.

MILD SPOILER

Tbh I hope JJ gives the middle finger to Rian and brings back Snoke (hes got tremendous power obviously). Snoke ends up being some badass and starts wrecking havoc on the last of the resistance forcing kylo to ultimately choose the light side a la Luke and Anakin force projections talking to him saying its never too late to turn back. Would make it more interesting, because lets be real..no one wants kylo as the ultimate bad guy. (Adam Driver is my favorite actor in this saga)
I could easily see them bringing back Snoke. IMO he was one of the most interesting things about TFA. I think there is a strong possibility he is Pleigus or Palpatine and because a lot of people had already guessed his origins, Ryin might have been instructed to do some misdirection by killing him.

With that said, Snoke is possibly be the most powerful sith we have seen. It seems unlikely how he was killed so casually. Even when he gets cut in half, he dies with no expression at all. No dialogue. Just crumbles over and instantly dead. I think he might have expected Kylo to betray him, as sith apprentices typically do, and even pushed him to betray him in a subtle manner.

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up though...

Lucas had some interesting ideas for 7-9, but luke still had the same “lukeness” to him.

You can replace Kylo with Anakin Solo and there was also Ben Skywalker in reys place.

I guarantee Lucas would have had Rey be either a Skywalker or a kenobi.

I think he wanted her to be a kenobi personally and jj did too, there is so much that pulls that way.
She still might be! But it wouldn't really make much of a dramatic difference, would it? It's not like we can pull off the "NO ... I am your father" twice. There's no one left to make use of such a reveal.

I don't know if that treatment is legit. My reasoning is it smacks of an inverted version of the OT but with the Resistance-now-the-Republic and the Empire-now-the-Dark-Jedi; but I feel that had Lucas made 7-9 it would still feel very much the same as the Prequels. So in my mind, Lucas' 7-9 would have used the Prequel cast supporting the Original cast (but obviously with difference characters, eg now Hayden Christiansen is playing Ben Skypager or Anakin Yolo). It would have followed the narrative somewhat, but with the added feature of the Original Cast adjusting the plot as needed.

YES. It took 3 fucking movies and a death to remove vaders helmet.

I knew who the actor was too so i was sitting there thinking, jesus, dont show that ugly mug.

Is he better in TLJ? Yeah, but who cares, too little, too late.

I could easily see them bringing back Snoke. IMO he was one of the most interesting things about TFA. I think there is a strong possibility he is Pleigus or Palpatine and because a lot of people had already guessed his origins, Ryin might have been instructed to do some misdirection by killing him.

With that said, Snoke is possibly be the most powerful sith we have seen. It seems unlikely how he was killed so casually. Even when he gets cut in half, he dies with no expression at all. No dialogue. Just crumbles over and instantly dead. I think he might have expected Kylo to betray him, as sith apprentices typically do, and even pushed him to betray him in a subtle manner.

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up though...

....actually..

Snoke dying so quickly and also showing up so suddenly in this series...all scarred and fucked up....

maybe hes not dead.
and luke faded away, which could mean anything

Then rin has to join with rey to battle him.

Well see but it doesnt change this movie as being a mess.

YES. It took 3 fucking movies and a death to remove vaders helmet.
HE'S NAAHHT FUCKING DART VADAAAAAAGGHH

big_1442833334_image.jpg

Kay.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. I remember reading how much effort they went into Kylo Ren's mask/voice and that got wasted by the 'reveal' halfway through TFA.

Thing is, as Snoke pointed out. Why is he wearing the mask? It really serves no purpose. As far as I can remember no other force user wore a mask/costume. I think getting rid of it worked in showing him becoming his own person, instead of trying to be a Vader knock-off.

....actually..

Snoke dying so quickly and also showing up so suddenly in this series...all scarred and fucked up....

maybe hes not dead.
and luke faded away, which could mean anything

Then rin has to join with rey to battle him.

Well see but it doesnt change this movie as being a mess.
For sure this movie was a mess.

Luke is probably for sure a force ghost now though.

HE'S NAAHHT FUCKING DART VADAAAAAAGGHH
big_1442833334_image.jpg

Cuz they never repeat plot lines in SW...

Snoke, all fucked up from the get go, quickly bested...and we are all pissed about it.

Has everyone forgotten the talk between palp and anakin about saving folks from death? What if that wasnt bullshit? We dont know anything about this snoke guy, but we know he comes from the same side palp came from, who sang this anti death song.

Plus, ITS DISNEY! It would not only NOT surprise me ges not dead, it would be fitting. SHIT, we know rin isnt all that evil and rey has beat him 2x now. They need a villain.

To think, killing han is forgivable.

Cuz they never repeat plot lines in SW...

To think, killing han is forgivable.
My post was in reference to Kylo Ren's mask.

And no, it wasn't. TFA Han was like a former alcoholic that had come back after month of god knows what. It was right for that guy to die, but that wasn't Han Solo. I don't know who that guy was.

Vader was portrayed as pure bad ass evil until RotJ.

Kylo Ren has been a pussy since 25 minutes into TFA.

This saga is missing one thing the original had.

A twist.
Agreed.

IMO Rey should have killed Snoke went dark while and Kylo gone back to the light after being freed from snoke's control. Would have set up a bunch of hype for the next one.

My post was in reference to Kylo Ren's mask.

And no, it wasn't. TFA Han was like a former alcoholic that had come back after month of god knows what. It was right for that guy to die, but that wasn't Han Solo. I don't know who that guy was.
Han was more Han than Luke was Luke.

Hell, Han was even more Luke than Luke was.

Thing is, as Snoke pointed out. Why is he wearing the mask? It really serves no purpose. As far as I can remember no other force user wore a mask/costume. I think getting rid of it worked in showing him becoming his own person, instead of trying to be a Vader knock-off.

I thought he was trying to show the Stormtroopers he was part of the team by wearing his helmet indoors.

Han was more Han than Luke was Luke.

Hell, Han was even more Luke than Luke was.
Ha ha, LOOK, hanh?
giphy.gif

Han might have been Han, but Han had no hand in what happened it just happened to Han. Hamill mayhap hadn't liked Luke and his new look but LAST Luke as a last look was a good look for Luke who used to be a wide-eyed idealist, got denied and took a cynical path, and ultimately seppuku'd for the hamily. I mean family.

Back