STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I hate typing on my phone so i’ll Be short for now. I can get into it more later if you want. My rankings have nostalgia built in. If I am being honest I liked 8 as much as 4.
I see a lot of your points completely differently and will expound later. I do understand that people dislike some decision as sw fans, but in terms of a movie that iimmerses you into ithe story and then stays on message, entertains, makes you care, and surprises you, tlj delivers big time. I loved What they did with Kylo and Rey and Snoke. Fit Ren’s character perfectly and set up an enticing ending in ep 9.
Humor was clunky early but eventually hit its stride. The whole movie was like a 60’s muscle car. Started cold the motor sputters for a few miles out of the garage, and you wonder if it’s losing compression or something, but then it starts humming and you are chirping its tires at will, like a boss.
Agree to disagree, I just feel the complete opposite. I feel you though, good explanation for why you liked it.

The crank call is in character for Poe however, at the beginning of tfa he has a similar interaction with Kylo. Cracking jokes as he’s about to interrogate him.

“Who talks first, you ? Me? What’s up with the mask?”

So that I thought was following his character
I guess you’ve got a point, but having Hux going “hello! Can you hear me?” In response while the bridge crew are all snickering to themselves was just too much.
This. It basically killed the allure of the villains right off the bat. Hux should’ve immediately realized what he was doing, smirked and ordered them to blow that x wing into another galaxy. Then Poe gets to do some evasive shit and start his raid

This. It basically killed the allure of the villains right off the bat. Hux should’ve immediately realized what he was doing, smirked and ordered them to blow that x wing into another galaxy. Then Poe gets to do some evasive shit and start his raid
Hux has been a joke from the beginning. Snoke basically called him a useful idiot.

Has it been addressed yet that Poe showed zero remorse for the fact that his hotshot actions cost the Resistance all their bombers and the lives of possibly hundreds of members? Hell he was even celebrating

Has it been addressed yet that Poe showed zero remorse for the fact that his hotshot actions cost the Resistance all their bombers and the lives of possibly hundreds of members? Hell he was even celebrating
That was substituted by his acknowledgement that Holdo does in fact know what she's doing, paid off by the conclusion of his arc into becoming a bonafide leader, in which we can assume he'll assume a compassion befitting Leia/Holdo and the blah blah blah.

Its not really about the plausibility, since theyve established that The Force can do practically anything they want it do. Thats not a criticism, its just saying that the force and magic are essentially interchangeable.

The problem is that it looked stupid and corny.
Yup I wiiling to believe anything if explained properly since this is well science fiction, but what I can't believe is fucking Rey is some unknown that so happens to be some super I know how to fight JEDI with no training whatsover that took on 5-6 praetorian guard and brought Kylo to a draw again. And looks like she is only getting stronger, Like wtf was the point to have the old stories if you can just invent a super mary sue.

Hated this movie. They've turned Star Wars into a marvel style movie. One liners everywhere, too many characters, cheesy sidekicks like the Asian lady. If they had balls they would have let Finn do his thing in that scene. It was just pathetic if you ask me.

I hate typing on my phone so i’ll Be short for now. I can get into it more later if you want. My rankings have nostalgia built in. If I am being honest I liked 8 as much as 4.
I see a lot of your points completely differently and will expound later. I do understand that people dislike some decision as sw fans, but in terms of a movie that iimmerses you into ithe story and then stays on message, entertains, makes you care, and surprises you, tlj delivers big time. I loved What they did with Kylo and Rey and Snoke. Fit Ren’s character perfectly and set up an enticing ending in ep 9.
Humor was clunky early but eventually hit its stride. The whole movie was like a 60’s muscle car. Started cold the motor sputters for a few miles out of the garage, and you wonder if it’s losing compression or something, but then it starts humming and you are chirping its tires at will, like a boss.

Im still waiting to hear you expand on what you liked.

I rated it a 6 and i did that out of mercy, but i could put it down to 5 because a movie should be entertaining before anything and i found myself either bored or fed up with shit.

When Luke arrived, i was thinking, oh my god, here we go, finally, the saving grace! Here is where ill love this movie. Yes, much like darth maul fighting obi and qui, much like obi, anakin, dooku, yoda, much like obi v jango, oh my! Wow, this may be better than palp vs. yoda, or maybe well see luke fuck shit up much, much worse than anakin with the sand people, maybe this will have epic music! Here we go......

Oh. how clever.

Hated this movie. They've turned Star Wars into a marvel style movie. One liners everywhere, too many characters, cheesy sidekicks like the Asian lady. If they had balls they would have let Finn do his thing in that scene. It was just pathetic if you ask me.
That scene is what really made me say fuck star wars with disney. It made zero sense from all perspectives and if he did it I would have been like damn, they actually have some balls and I probably wouldnt have been such an ass about the movie. But them doing that doubled down on all the mistakes in the film.

giphy.gif

Great vid. Captures my thoughts on Disney ruining the original characters. The original characters must've gotten paid a grip for them to do this shit show.

Lucas looked sad after he signed the contract.
yeah damn Mark Hammil, and Lucas especially looks like it sucked the life out of him. Was he strapped for cash why did he have to sell the IP?

that was a lame cop out and the kiss following that was also extremely awkward and devoid of any passion really random.

yeah damn Mark Hammil, and Lucas especially looks like it sucked the life out of him. Was he strapped for cash why did he have to sell the IP?

My favorite is hamil looking at Rian like he wants to kill him after seeing it. The look on his face says he had no idea the things they were gonna do and how it was edited.

A lot of kids use the force in extremely minor ways before they are trained.

In the past the power set would be visible and then Jedi temple would be contacted so a Jedi can come evaluate the situation.

The kid using the force to grab the broom is no different. This is one gripe that is unfounded. Think of it like mutant powers.

Back