STARFIELD discussion

I think they should have worked up to New Atlantis. I agree with one of the big criticisms that its a slow start and it lacks the punch of those big "stepping out" moments that previous Bethesda games have. Instead of the intro of taking out a whole gang of Spacers, maybe just be attacked by a small group dropping/jet packing down from a big ship and maybe one leader to practice persuasion on. Spend some time in one small outpost under some canopies or something, then make your way as a stowaway or passenger on a ship to New Atlantis, and then thats the big "step out" reveal. It's too big too soon and I was more interested in going into space.

RE: fast travel. Youre gonna save a ton of time and loading screens by fast traveling from your journal. Go to your quests and on the right side of the quest theres an arrow you click and you can either fast travel directly to the location, or bring up the navigation menu to travel to the level that its located on.
The opening sequence and first few hours were really underwhelming, compared to their previous games. If they'd get anything right you'd think it would be along the lines of stepping out of the sewers in Oblivion your first time, or coming out of the vault in Fallout 3.

You find the artifact right away and get a ship almost as quickly. Where's the foreplay!

I think they really fucked up placing you on barren worlds too soon and not having built up settlements outside the major hubs of places like Atlantis and Akila. There should be paved roads or established pathways you can travel on some speeder bike-like vehicle leading to locations you could explore.

It makes sense people stay mainly in cities/settlements
because of the terramorph attacks,
but there should be many more things to visit and do around those major hubs.

We all knew most of those "thousand worlds" would be as soulless as No Man's Sky. While there's still so much to see and do, a ridiculous amount really, having them broken up between so many cut/loading screens hurts exploration.

I think they would have been better off focusing more on a few planets/moons, leaving the rest for mainly resource gathering, random encounters, and their AI recycled abandoned locations.

I did get used to zipping around locations through the journal and (highly suggest doing this) using on screen objectives through your scanner. Doing the latter makes it feel more like the space exploration game they advertised, as you rarely have to enter a menu.

After going through several faction questlines alone, im blown away by the meaty content, but it took a bit to get there. It really is a slow burn, not the best first impression, but the payoff is worth it.

I can't wait to see how modders add to the worlds. Hell, I might even dip into it as well.

I just watched this video with reviewers explaining how they came to love the game. I'm pretty much in line with the below guy's take. It feels like more than one game that just keeps revealing new ones to you.

Last edited:
I'm very anti-woke but the online outrage about pronouns is completely overblown.... I thought.

A freaking menu option at the beginning of the character-creation is made to seem like the game is as woke as the Saints Row reboot.

This had 'pick your battles' written all over it, and I was thinking those making videos screaming into their cameras were broadcasting to the world what triggered bitches they are.

But then I saw this -

<LikeReally5>

Wow. Just freaking wow.

Now this has 'ESG Psy-Op' written all over it.

I'm very anti-woke but the online outrage about pronouns is completely overblown.... I thought.

A freaking menu option at the beginning of the character-creation is made to seem like the game is as woke as the Saints Row reboot.

This had 'pick your battles' written all over it, and I was thinking those making videos screaming into their cameras were broadcasting to the world what triggered bitches they are.

But then I saw this -

<LikeReally5>

Wow. Just freaking wow.

Very weird move by Nexus. Who cares if people want to remove that from their game?

Very weird move by Nexus. Who cares if people want to remove that from their game?

Apparently they care.

Apparently they care alot.

Very suspicious.

There's some very weirdly sexual mods of Nexus that... well... just look up old MxR Plays videos. There's some weird-ass shit they allow on that site.
But apparently gamers avoiding being forced to choose their pronouns in a game they just paid $70 to play?
That's too far for Nexus, apparently.

But then I saw this -

<LikeReally5>

Wow. Just freaking wow.

Its complete stupidity on every side. One for the outrage, and then nexus, with as many weird dick and nudity mods that they have, draw THIS line in the sand over what they allow.

Its complete stupidity on every side. One for the outrage, and then nexus, with as many weird dick and nudity mods that they have, draw THIS line in the sand over what they allow.

And that bald headed spaz screaming into his webcam is what got this entire thing started with the downvoting of the user review scores and now mods being made to NOT give pronouns are being taken down from Nexus.

I have a feeling this won't be the ending.

But then I saw this -

<LikeReally5>

Wow. Just freaking wow.

Good, fuck snowflake bigots.

Ran into a duplicate plant or same abandoned base on different planets. Same design, same turret location same location of a robot you can hack to help you.

still looking for a side quest that takes you on a fun adventure and isn’t a talk to this person , come back to me and get reward (non faction quest)

game is enjoyable, can turn my brain off and just do quest. I feel like I put way too many points in one tree and didn’t spread it out so I don’t use many resources for anything

30 hours in its sitting at a 7.5-8 (could be pushed to 8.5)

But then I saw this -

<LikeReally5>

Wow. Just freaking wow.

i think this might actually be fake. i havent been able to confirm such a mod, and there are screenshots of posts that were supposedly made by nexus mods staff...but no actual links to the posts. no links to banned mods. even other websites are skeptical of it too.

F5XBAtUXsAAKBFK

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/nexusmods-reportedly-banning-starfield-mods-removing-pronouns

i think someones just trying to spark some outrage over some shit that never happened. i could be wrong, but i dont see anything out there on nexus that validates it. im not going to scour every nook and cranny to try to confirm it though, i really dont care.

Got my character to level 22, rocking the Star Eagle ship and some respectable gear and skills, and starting to feel pretty dominant in ship/ground combat.

been looking up some of the ship craft player content and there are some cool looking player ships. The Mallennium Falcon recreations are legit. Saw a cool N7 Normandy too.

really need to get into outposts and mining for resources. Everything up until now has been picking stuff up from defeated ships and here and there planet side. I’ve put some time into research and weapon mods, and to the point now I need a bunch of resources that I haven’t even seen yet.

Got my character to level 22, rocking the Star Eagle ship and some respectable gear and skills, and starting to feel pretty dominant in ship/ground combat.

been looking up some of the ship craft player content and there are some cool looking player ships. The Mallennium Falcon recreations are legit. Saw a cool N7 Normandy too.

really need to get into outposts and mining for resources. Everything up until now has been picking stuff up from defeated ships and here and there planet side. I’ve put some time into research and weapon mods, and to the point now I need a bunch of resources that I haven’t even seen yet.

I saw some images of someone who created the magic school bus shit had me dying.

Trying to patiently wait for this game to hook me but damn it is boring and ugly. I have nothing good to say at this point.

Trying to patiently wait for this game to hook me but damn it is boring and ugly. I have nothing good to say at this point.

Don’t worry it gets good after 100 hours

lol no but seriously I've heard mainlining the main story is the best way. That's what I've heard from most of the reviews I've seen. So if you're running around exploring I would stop and try to b-line the main story and see if that works out better for you.

lol no but seriously I've heard mainlining the main story is the best way. That's what I've heard from most of the reviews I've seen. So if you're running around exploring I would stop and try to b-line the main story and see if that works out better for you.
That's what I've heard and am doing which is basically the opposite of what I normally do in every Bethesda game.

yeah been running around doing side quests and it feels like I progressing super slowly. Going to concentrate on the mainline quest then.

I tried doing a side quest but at the very end, I had to take out two squadrons of enemy spaceships…but haven’t upgraded my ship at all yet. Had to move onto another quest cause I kept getting absolutely wrecked. Finding legendary weapons is extremely satisfying, as I already mentioned, I found an SMG that has explosive rounds, and a sniper that is pretty much a railgun.

Okay, it's all starting to click now. Got the fast travel down, and I'm now bombing along from mission to mission. Got a nice loop going. Ran into some crafting tables, did some minor base building, understanding the maps more...

I'm in the Bethesda zone, now. It's got me. Although, I will say the missions have all been a bit bland so far. Nothing all that crazy, yet, but they are good multi-tiered missions, with good looting, and the environments are always impressive. Just no big decisions, that make you want to see how they played out differently.

Okay, it's all starting to click now. Got the fast travel down, and I'm now bombing along from mission to mission. Got a nice loop going. Ran into some crafting tables, did some minor base building, understanding the maps more...

I'm in the Bethesda zone, now. It's got me. Although, I will say the missions have all been a bit bland so far. Nothing all that crazy, yet, but they are good multi-tiered missions, with good looting, and the environments are always impressive. Just no big decisions, that make you want to see how they played out differently.
i really hope they didn't put those big decision quest just in the Faction quests

Back