STARFIELD discussion

They should have called this game Fasttravel. Or Menuscreen.

Wish I would have looked into perks a bit more detail. The last scavenger perk highlights tracked resources when you're scanner is out. Looked at it early and thought it just increased items found each rank.

Also, the tracking function and UI are a terrible combo. as far as I can tell, I've only been able to track a whole project and not just an individual item. Added to the fact when looking at a shops inventory it doesn't show how many I actually have, so I end up buying a ton of resources I have a ton of that are part of a tracked project I don't really need. Have to constantly bounce in and out of menus to see if I truly need an item or not.

Hope that works!
Found out the problem. I had to load a save before i even started the quest line. I guess i soft locked myself for that quest for it to activate the place it takes you i ended up coming across before and ended up killing mostly everyone in that place. Sucks that can happen just happy i had a really earlier tho did lose a few hours of progress.

Last edited:
I did the DLSS mod.... Worth

So I upgraded my ships cargo got over 730 capacity now

I take it back. The new "persuasion" mechanic, is fucking stupid. It's always a crap shoot. There is no logic to anything. The "difficulty" in responses doesn't matter. A +1 response, has the same chance of being successful as a +5. I used to love thinking I could talk my way out of situations, but this game makes me dread it. It's always random bullshit. I could play blindfolded, and have the same odds of success.

At least there's usually an option to just bribe the person, after you inevitably fail to "persuade" them.

Is this a permanent Gamepass title? I'm deciding whether to continue my current playthrough or just buy it on Steam and start over.

Is this a permanent Gamepass title? I'm deciding whether to continue my current playthrough or just buy it on Steam and start over.
Yes, all Microsoft first party exclusives stay forever with a couple of exceptions. I’d rather play on steam though I’d imagine the mod options are better.

Where should I store my resources? Theres a little locker by pilot's chair on my ship but it only holds 40 items.

Where should I store my resources? Theres a little locker by pilot's chair on my ship but it only holds 40 items.
It took me forever to find the little thing to use the ships hold, in the first ship

But you can also just use the floor

So, from that locker, turn 180 and it's on the arch. If it's the first ship

Also, I didn't know that locker existed

It took me forever to find the little thing to use the ships hold, in the first ship

But you can also just use the floor

You don't have to use the panel to access the ships hold, you can access from the menu. When you bring up the menu, you can look at your ship from the bottom left. Then press X and it access the ships hold inventory. From here you can move items back and forth. This has a pretty decent range and you can send stuff back without even being in your ship.

You don't have to use the panel to access the ships hold, you can access from the menu. When you bring up the menu, you can look at your ship from the bottom left. Then press X and it access the ships hold inventory. From here you can move items back and forth. This has a pretty decent range and you can send stuff back without even being in your ship.
<Moyes5><{blankeye}><{chips}>

And i've been running to and from my ship by the outpost when I needed to offload resources or grab other resources form the ship lol

I kind of wanted a hatch is all

But I appreciate the tip

<Moyes5><{blankeye}><{chips}>

And i've been running to and from my ship by the outpost when I needed to offload resources or grab other resources form the ship lol
As long as you are i think 150 or 250 feet from your ship you can transfer your stuff from the menu.

As long as you are i think 150 or 250 feet from your ship you can transfer your stuff from the menu.
Unfortunately I'm 500 metres from that particular outpost, I ventured further out so I could get aluminium, helium and beryllium to overlap in one area.

I read a way to get around this is to make a landing pad which will let you land directly on the outpost

Unfortunately I'm 500 metres from that particular outpost, I ventured further out so I could get aluminium, helium and beryllium to overlap in one area.

I read a way to get around this is to make a landing pad which will let you land directly on the outpost
It's 250m just tested it. Ya i built a landing pad near mine got tired of not being near it.

I'm really diving into ship building now, as I finally ran out of storage room.

Not knowing (or getting to test out) what each compartment looks like inside is near insidious, but thankfully there's Youtube.

This guy is doing (or has done) walkthroughs of every ship module.

Stroud Eklund here, but you can find others.

I havent tried messing with the ship building thing yet. It looks complicated.

I've been going around pick pocketing people.

The shipbuilding and mods are not very intuitive at all. There was a video posted a few pages ago on some simple mods you can do to the Frontier to make it much better. It gets outclassed fairly easily with multiple contacts, so adding a few extra lasers and other weapons makes a huge difference if you have the credits. A new reactor should be a priority as well so you can add additional power to each system. Upgrading existing items is pretty easy, but swapping or adding new components is a pain.

Back