STARFIELD discussion

I'm inclined to disagree, I'm 80+ hours in and honestly, the universe is just kind of dull. There are not many interesting interactions nor interesting random encounters.

I like the game, but I don't think that I'll be remembering it much after I'm done.

There are characters, they're ok, but nothing memorable.

Universe itself? Reminds me of the Futurama discussion between Fry and Leela, where Fry reacts with childhood wonder and joy at being on the moon, whilst Leela is unimpressed by the theme park and sees the moon as just a big hunk of rock. The only space game to really get me, was Outer Worlds. Elite Dangerous and No Mans Sky bored me rather quickly.

Stealth is broken in this game btw, and it really reared its ugly head during the final Ryujin mission. Maxed stealth and a stealth suit seemed to do absolutely nothing.

Close to buying a Shieldbreaker though.

Game is dull. Like knife that can't cut butter dull. I'm level 9 and I'm bored. The inventory management is a disaster. The skills are generic and drab. The crew characters have no depth. Etc. Etc.

There's nothing new or interesting about the quests so far. THIS game took 10 years and these are the systems and the experience they came up with? What innovation has Bethesda brought to the table with this game?

Im at the quest where I need a bigger grav drive to go to the new main quest planet. I have no idea what to do. I tried buying an expensive grav drive but that didnt work

Im at the quest where I need a bigger grav drive to go to the new main quest planet. I have no idea what to do. I tried buying an expensive grav drive but that didnt work
Can't you jump to a system that's closer first?

What ship are you using and what quest are you talking about?

I got almost 400k saved up, I'm tempted to buy me a nice ship

it’s worth it. It’s pretty much the only big money pit to spend your credits on. Once I got a fancy Class C ship, the only thing my credits go to now are buying out all the vendor ammo for my favorite guns.

I got almost 400k saved up, I'm tempted to buy me a nice ship
Like @Dinkin_Flicka said, the only real expense I ran into was with ship building, purchasing and ammo. I never got heavily into outpost building, so I don't know if that's costly, otherwise don't be afraid to drop credits on ships. Make sure you have the skills to fly it though.

You'll make tons of $$ throughout the game from missions and stealing/selling ships.

I spend at least $500k building ships from scratch, or repurposing stolen/given ones. It's really annoying that you can't bank ship parts, or test fly them, so if you start messing around in ship builder, be sure to have a quick save before you drop any $$. It can get costly, especially the better parts.

I think Im gonna save up more money. I can't just buy one of the best ships in the game when I'm still early on in the game, i twould ruin the experience

I mean you can feel whatever you want, I played the shit outta Fallout 4. I loved it when everyone was hating on it for not being as good as 3 or NV lol. I loved the crafting. The crafting in Starfield is eh, the base building is eh. None of it is as good as Fallout 4. The cities are lifeless, with roughly a 1/20 ratio of Drone NPC's and NPCs you can actually talk with. The story missions are its strength with the Crimson infiltration arc being awesome.
But I've gone to hundreds of planets, explored a lot of places and the game is just empty. Sure you'll come across Dodo's the size of a T-rex but that's about it lol, the game lacks the hand crafted charm of the other games and it suffers because of it. "The ridiculous scope" as you say is what lead to its downfall. It's stretched like too little butter over too much bread.
I don't feel that this is lacking the hand crafted charm of previous titles, it's just rolled out in a different way.

The close proximity of interesting locations/encounters found in their other games isn't here of course. The game is filled with 99.9% of next to nothing, but that's what space would be like. I expected that when Howard said there would be 1k planets/moons.

I can understand why people won't like this style, but for me, this is the best space cowboy fantasy yet, and I've played nearly every space flight sim/exploration game there is. It's only going to get better with updates, DLC, and especially mods.

I think they could have done a better job guiding you to the places of note that take place outside faction quests. I've had a quite few fun quests that popped up from people chatting in cities/settlements, or hailing me in space. The latter definitely isn't as frequent, far more RNG oriented. With space being so vast, you'll end up seeing nothing too often.

Regardless, there's tons of great hand crafted content/locations.

I do have a lot of issues with this game though. The base building is incredibly disappointing (loved Fallout 4's) and crafting is also meh. The ship building is awesome, but desperately needs a few quality of life improvements, as does the gameplay, namely a proper FOV slider, better melee and stealth builds, to name a few.

I think Im gonna save up more money. I can't just buy one of the best ships in the game when I'm still early on in the game, i twould ruin the experience

I get that. I went from the Star Eagle, while a very good Class A ship, I still had to play smart when out numbered, to the Narwhal, which is considered one of the best Class C ships. This things automated laser turrets absolutely roasted everything, with the rail guns and missiles adds to that, it was so lopsided I crushed everything in my path.

Yeah I went the pickpocketer around and pickpocketed everyone and everything, I got so much money and loot from that, I got every ammo for days

How do you take out a ships engines and board it? I go into targetting mode and change to enginee but I'm still just blowing the ships up.

About to call it quits on this.

How do you take out a ships engines and board it? I go into targetting mode and change to enginee but I'm still just blowing the ships up.

If your weapons are to powerful, you can take the ships out before you kill the engines. Make sure you're not using turrets, as they're on auto and will keep blasting. Try using EMP weapons while in target mode, as they will short engines quickly for boarding without destroying the ship.

I take enemy ships down to a tiny amount of health and then use my EM weapons on them. Target their engines when doing that and they will become immobile allowing you to board them. That's usually the most guarantied consistent loot, via contraband and credits in the cargo hold and captain's cargo slot.

You don't need to put a lot of power into the EM column. I only use one bar for it, leaving the rest for my electron/missel weapons, along with shields and engines.

I think a lot of complaints of this this game can be summed up as:

"Game too big. Make brain hurt"

Not an insult, BTW. It makes my brain hurt too. This fucker is a schedule clearer. You gotta be all in on this one. Can't just dip your toes. It demands your full attention. A streamer's dream, but the rest of us might be a bit overwhelmed.
I'm okay with it. I mean, I put 500 hours into Fallout 4 and 759 hours into Fallout 76

Starfield_2023.09.21-22.57.png
Starfield_2023.09.22-00.06.png
Starfield_2023.09.21-22.03.png
Starfield_2023.09.22-21.37.png

Bethesda fucked up so bad. It really is sad. It is what it is. A lot of people are saying modders will fix it. This isn't elder scrolls or fallout. If someone mods a whole fallout planet then ok.

Have u guys played fallout 4? It just looks way better. That is really weird to me after all these years.

So is NG+ worth rushing through the story? I keep reading how good it is, but I prefer taking my time with the main missions in Bethesda games.

Bethesda fucked up so bad. It really is sad. It is what it is. A lot of people are saying modders will fix it. This isn't elder scrolls or fallout. If someone mods a whole fallout planet then ok.

Have u guys played fallout 4? It just looks way better. That is really weird to me after all these years.
Many would disagree. It’s a new Ip with flaws, I’m not going to argue that but I hated fallout 4 and I’m having a ton of fun with this game.

Back