Starting Strength - A Nurse's story!

I'm a skinny-fat 200 lbs. I defintely look like I don't even lift.

Also 199? That's great.

Shit, you must have a great personality then. We've seen your wife.

Nah. I feel much better at 210.

Shit, you must have a great personality then. We've seen your wife.

Nah. I feel much better at 210.

Yeah, its pretty big... Oh wait, I do have a good personality.

210? I was so close not a few months ago. Eating enough throughout the day is always my toughest challenge. I end up shovelling everything in at night.

Yeah, its pretty big... Oh wait, I do have a good personality.

210? I was so close not a few months ago. Eating enough throughout the day is always my toughest challenge. I end up shovelling everything in at night.

60_b8c71a_2926077.jpg

Yeah, I didn't have to shovel down food to get there, though.

I'd love to weigh 199, in fact that's my goal for the year. I'm not nearly strong enough to be walking around at 215. It sucks dragging 15-20 lb of unneeded flab around the ice rink every week.

I'd love to weigh 199, in fact that's my goal for the year. I'm not nearly strong enough to be walking around at 215. It sucks dragging 15-20 lb of unneeded flab around the ice rink every week.

Why not get stronger and be a powah forward?

Arnold knows best.

Why not get stronger and be a powah forward?

My plan is to get stronger of course but there's still no need to be carting around extra flab. I feel like I can continue to get stronger while dropping 1 or 2 lb/month.

I'd already categorize myself as a power forward. I like to crash the net and I score most of my goals around the net. I don't have a good enough shot to snipe from the outside and my passing isn't good enough to be a big playmaker. A couple guys on my team said I remind them of Mark Messier because of how aggressive I am. Even after I lose some weight I'll still be one of the biggest guys on the team but I should also gain back a bit of quickness and agility.

Arnold knows best.

I've watched the Awenuld vid a few times. I lol every time.

My plan is to get stronger of course but there's still no need to be carting around extra flab. I feel like I can continue to get stronger while dropping 1 or 2 lb/month.

Mine is the opposite. I defintely carry a little too much "extra" weight around the mid section but thats only because my diet isn't the cleanest. I just try to eat what I can when I can.

I'd already categorize myself as a power forward. I like to crash the net and I score most of my goals around the net. I don't have a good enough shot to snipe from the outside and my passing isn't good enough to be a big playmaker. A couple guys on my team said I remind them of Mark Messier because of how aggressive I am. Even after I lose some weight I'll still be one of the biggest guys on the team but I should also gain back a bit of quickness and agility.

I would categorize myself as a small forward. I had hands but my strength was myskating. Typically my move was simply wheel out of our zone and carry the puck wide and deep, then make the play. My office was behind the net. And I was tenacious in the corners. Wasn't a scorer, but a play-maker.

Jan 26, 2014

Squat

45 2x5
95x5
145x3
195x2
245x5

Bench

45 2x5
95x5
135x3
175x2
195x1

Clean

45 2x5
85x5
105x3
130x2
155 5x3

WG Pull-ups

BW 5x5
These were done between bench sets.

Curls

20 Various kinds

Felt like I was back to normal. My squat was fast and stron again. I am down to 89 Kg. I have not been successful at gaining weight over the past week. Increasing intake again this week. Filled up on pizza, wings and stout beer on Saturday night in prep for Sunday's workout. Seemed to have worked.

Jan 27, 2014

Plank

2x 2:00 holds

Ab Wheel

Bunch

My son kept climbing on my back whie doing the roll-outs so I lost count on ets and reps. I also did some leg raises and sit-ups of various types.

Jan 26, 2014

Felt like I was back to normal. My squat was fast and stron again. I am down to 89 Kg. I have not been successful at gaining weight over the past week. Increasing intake again this week. Filled up on pizza, wings and stout beer on Saturday night in prep for Sunday's workout. Seemed to have worked.

Nice.
ani-chuck_norris-thumbs_up.gif

Back