Status of The Handshake? Who's hand wouldn't you shake?

Barbas619

Impractical Joker Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I was brought up in a time where handshakes meant quite a bit. They were a binding contract. People, for the most part, kept their end of the deal after a handshake had transpired. It was a big deal.

Physical contact is highly necessary for emotional, spiritual, etc. development. Sad to see technology driving us away from one another.

I get the vibe it's not what it once was. Maybe it's just here in the U.S.? Maybe it's just people at work?

I read posts here all the time stating that someone "hates" a particular fighter, but I'm sure that same person would shake their hand at a meet & greet, etc.

What does a handshake mean to you?

It means I have the urge to wash my hands afterwards usually.

I hope that it means nothing.

I've been slow with my entry as of late, so I ended up having the tips of my three fingers shaken like a woman this morning.

Shameful.

It's just a standard greeting. It's not something you put much thought into.

With that said, I probably wouldn't shake 90% of this forum's hand because who knows what infestation I'd be touching

Never shake hands with someone who has recently been to the toilet.

I hate a limp weak handshake..that’s about it

If you look like you got aids or sick, I'm not shaking your hand or even be near you.

Handshakes are very important to me. They help establish who is more dominant/confident in a situation (watch world leaders shake hands). Eye contact is huge in that moment as well as hand placement. Someone who has done you dirty or wronged you have a hard time maintaining eye contact through a handshake or choose to quickly look away.

People who you know don't wash their hands after using the bathroom I avoid. Racists and cowards are also up there on my list of people to avoid.

I don't know why but it seems as if women aren't taught how to properly shake hand. Limp handshakes are quite common, sometimes I get the fingertip handshake.

I refuse to shake hands with or even acknowledge the human rights of pirates and anteaters

the bigger problem is you never know what the other person is accustomed to.....a firm shake, a clap/backclap combo, a dap, a fistbump, that weird shake/one arm brohug thing, etc...

It's more guessing and/or adjusting on the fly that leads to hilarity

the bigger problem is you never know what the other person is accustomed to.....a firm shake, a clap/backclap combo, a dap, a fistbump, that weird shake/one arm brohug thing, etc...

I’m brutally alpha so I just unilaterally dictate the gesture to most serve my interests

I have had an awkward handshake turned hug situation before with a friend's wife.. Both of us got a good laugh about it later when it was brought up.

I'll shake hands with anyone, it usually denotes a formal meeting or leaving. Thanking a relative for letting us stay, completing a job for a customer or finishing working with a colleague on a project. Likewise meeting a new person in a small social setting.

People who try to alpha handshakes give themselves away as massive tools or betas, a limp handshake is possibly the worst faux pas a man can inadvertently occasion.

Nothing worst than a moist, limp handshake.

I don't consider anyone who gives a handshake like that a man.

I nice firm handshake is really what it needs to give a good impression.

I hope that it means nothing.

I've been slow with my entry as of late, so I ended up having the tips of my three fingers shaken like a woman this morning.

Shameful.
Lmao that has also happened to me before for a job interview. I gave off an awkward smile and in my head I thought "can we do this again"? Lol

Back