Media Stephen Thompson: Shavkat Won't Stand & Bang: 'I Don't Think So'

i mean he probably will. he stood with neal way longer than he needed to

Nope. He's gonna take your ass down and beat the hell out of you.

This fight sucks. Wonderboy is awesome. They shouldn't waste one of his few remaining fights putting over Shavkat, who we know is already legit.

Shavkat is more of a grappler than a wrestler. His takedowns are there but it’s not extraordinary. WB has decent takedown defense but he’s really old.

When do these 2 bang each other. Kinda think WB might take it, just a gut feeling. Shavs fight with Geoff was pretty alarming with how sus his defense is.

Neal had some success on the feet with his boxing, I think wonderboy may have some nice straight punch blitzes, but he doesn’t have the power Neal has in his hands. Shavkat when he got hit it was mostly in the pocket. I think shavkat walks him down and has a clinch heavy game plan, his TD game is mostly from the clinch, even if he can’t get him down i think his clinch striking is good enough to beat WB up

Stephen thompson doesn't bang either. the majority of his fights end in a decision.

Depends were abouts the fight is IMHO, at close range against the fence much less advantage to Thompson.

No way do you get a title shot for beating Wonderboy who is 1-2 in his last 3 fights.

Not when Belal has been unbeaten in10 straight fights. And Wonderboy was included in that 10.
Conor would have gotten a ts being 1-3 in the last 7 years. This is the UFC...

If he wanted to stand and bang then he should he should have fought Gary. He would have had the whole world behind and fought somebody who matches his style. Instead he punked out, and about to get pretzeled up.
Did the UFC even offered him that one though? They gave him Pereira because he had been wrestlefucked twice by grapplers. Pereira didn't make weight and Wonderboy wouldn't fight him or take the extra money, so the event took a hit because of it. The pink goof got mad for that. So, now he is punished. Shavkat may had been the only fight they were going to offer him. He is seeing the writing on the wall and this hisesperate way to avoid it

Steven Wonderman is playing the head game lol, cant blame him for trying...

I hope that Shavkat only tests the stand up waters a little bit before he realizes that he’s likely losing a decision to Wondreman in a purely striking fight.

As a huge Shavkat fan, the reality is that Nomad has a big melon that hardly moves off centerline, he’s always there to be hit. While he’s a killer with an iron chin, relying solely on his striking ability to fight arguably the 2nd best Karateka ever in MMA would be terrible fight IQ.

I feel like Thompson would light Shavkat's ass up standing. Shavkat greatly benefits from towering over basically everyone at WW.

Back