• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

*** Sterling vs. Yan Scoring MEGATHREAD ***

How Did You Score the Fight?

• Total voters
Dana, like any sensible person, had Yan winning or at worst, it being a draw.

Lmao even if you had Yan in that fight acting like this was some robbery is some straight up moron shit. It was a close fight where there were really no bad decisions even if it was ruled a draw.

That's the old scoring system but it was updated. Control for majority of a round scores 10-8's for the last 5 years
lol no it doesn’t

so chael sonnen should have been 53-43 ing people his whole career?

Don’t care what the rules are, pinning somebody to the floor, holding their legs for 3 minutes and doing virtually zero damage does not warrant a 10-8 in my eyes.

Glad all 3 judges placed some common sense onto the situation too.

Aljo won the first, had a 10-8 in the second and won the 3rd. Literally impossible for Yan to win that fight. At best it was a draw for him. People are stupid and only remember the last two rounds of 5 round fights.

Absolutely agree. Round 2 was dominant for Sterling. Even if Round 1 went to Yan, Sterling should retain the title.

of the Aljo/Yan fight. There is no way Aljo won that round. He ran away from Yan the whole round. Most of the kicks were blocked and Yan landed a few nice significant strikes. Aljo could've been warned for stalling and not engaging. Easy round to score for Yan. 48-47 Yan since Petr won rounds 4 and 5. Very bad judging but not a surprise. This one was easier to score than the first round of GSP vs Hendricks.

round by round it was a close fight.

watching the fight as a whole i thought petr yan looked like shit. this was the worst version i have seen of him. i dont like both fighters and i couldnt give a fuck who got the win, but sterling looked improved and yan looked like he got worse

watching the fight as a whole i thought petr yan looked like shit. this was the worst version i have seen of him. i dont like both fighters and i couldnt give a fuck who got the win, but sterling looked improved and yan looked like he got worse

Definitely close, can't really be called a robbery either way.
I had 1, 4 and 5 for Yan but 2 and 3 were much more impressive for Sterling.

Close round. Sterling won and successfully defended his belt.

1390581071.0.jpg

Sterling was improved. Yan fought a stupid fight. He shouldn't have grappled so much in round 5. He was starting to tag Aljo and could've gotten Aljo out of there (maybe). He also gave Aljo his back in 2 and 3. Credit to Aljo for the takedowns and improved fight plan. Aljo fought a very good fight but Aljo still should've gotten his hand raised.

I had it 47-47. Yan got rounds 1,4 and five while sterling absolutely dominated the grappling in 2 and 3. One of those had to be a 10-8 which is why i had it a draw
the 10-8 is iffy IMO but more plausible than giving Aljo round 1. He didn't win round 1. He ran the whole round and got his kicks to the body blocked. Yan was the one landing a few significant strikes, not Aljo.

Honestly, that fight was really weird. I think both guys weren't that much effective and I wouldn't be surprised if a draw happened. Anyways, I can see a trilogy coming soon and I think Yan can turn it on his favor with some adjustment.

of the Aljo/Yan fight. There is no way Aljo won that round. He ran away from Yan the whole round. Most of the kicks were blocked and Yan landed a few nice significant strikes. Aljo could've been warned for stalling and not engaging. Easy round to score for Yan. 48-47 Yan since Petr won rounds 4 and 5. Very bad judging but not a surprise. This one was easier to score than the first round of GSP vs Hendricks.
Yes,. Aljo stalled and ran the entire fight except when he got the takedowns. And even then he stalled

Never seen a fighter gifted a win after loosing the last two rounds never hurting or threatening his opponent once in the entire fight.

By far the worst Yan has ever looked. He clearly underestimated Aljo and bought into his own hype. He boxed like his feet were in the mud literally the entire fight, and knew what was coming in the 3rd and did nothing about it.
Yan fought a stupid fight. As talented as Yan is combining the way he fought in this fight with the illegal knee last fight shows a pattern. The guy is a great fighter but something is a little off upstairs. That said he won that fight last night.

Back