*** Sterling vs. Yan Scoring MEGATHREAD ***

How Did You Score the Fight?

• Total voters
I think Yan wasn't able to settle in and execute his game plan until forcing it in rounds 4 and 5.

Yup. It showed Yan's inability to adapt when the other fighter doesn't just allow him to keep up a rhythm.

People criticizing Aljo for running...like, how else are you beating Yan who is basically the Rodtang of MMA? Just admit you're mad that you didn't see Aljo get destroyed like you wanted to.

sterling really looked like a fight stalling point fighter last night.

had 7 minutes of back control and never even came close to hurting or submitting yan.

and the 20 times his takedowns were stuffed, he played safe.

its no wonder yan kneed him in the first fight.

it should be legal, yan would have finished him easily with pride rules

the way sterling layed there when his t.d. was stuffed.

i wanted to knee him in the head

I knew the salt would flow today. Aljo haters/Yan huggers have had 13 months to work themselves into a tizzy. And boy, did they ever. The worst part was Yan did it too.

I thought Aljo won 1-2-3, and round 2 could easily have been a 10-8. It was the most dominant round of the fight. He landed gnp, almost had Yan flattened out a cpl times, and almost got under the chin at one point.

Maybe Aljo’s neck really was that fucked up. He said he feels better than he has in years. I never expected Yan to destroy Aljo in this fight. Because I knew Aljo arguably won 2 rounds in the first fight. I expected Yan to get a late finish.

13 months of seething teenager like hatred, and many of you still refuse to eat any crow. The first fight wasn’t nearly as dominant as you brainwashed eachother into believing. And Yan lost his mind over it. Like Conor did with Khabib.

Aljo cost me my first ever all picks right card on Tapology. But, I believe he won that fight. And he is absolutely the Undisputed Champion now. Congratulations to him.

85306-2757308.png

of the Aljo/Yan fight. There is no way Aljo won that round. He ran away from Yan the whole round. Most of the kicks were blocked and Yan landed a few nice significant strikes. Aljo could've been warned for stalling and not engaging. Easy round to score for Yan. 48-47 Yan since Petr won rounds 4 and 5. Very bad judging but not a surprise. This one was easier to score than the first round of GSP vs Hendricks.
He did not run...man what kind of fans does this sport have now????
He was using his footwork and making Yan chase him... it was great game plan.
Watch the fight again but this time imagine it's MMA...

Right. People hated on Aljo for throwing volume and no damage in the first fight, now they hate that he had a good game plan and stayed away from Yan's power. Can't win with morons

Aljo didn't win round 1, you don't know what you're watching. Make sure you understand the concepts of octagon control and effective aggression. We're talking about round 1. He didn't want to engage. To understand why fast-forward to round 5 and Yan was doing whatever he wanted to Aljo standing and on the ground.

Octagon control and aggression scores it Yan.
Agression and octagon control are only used as tiebreakers when effective striking and grappling are even. Buffer says "... followed by agression and octagon control" for a reason. Read the rules sometime.

I knew the salt would flow today. Aljo haters/Yan huggers have had 13 months to work themselves into a tizzy. And boy, did they ever. The worst part was Yan did it too.

I thought Aljo won 1-2-3, and round 2 could easily have been a 10-8. It was the most dominant round of the fight. He landed gnp, almost had Yan flattened out a cpl times, and almost got under the chin at one point.

Maybe Aljo’s neck really was that fucked up. He said he feels better than he has in years. I never expected Yan to destroy Aljo in this fight. Because I knew Aljo arguably won 2 rounds in the first fight. I expected Yan to get a late finish.

13 months of seething teenager like hatred, and many of you still refuse to eat any crow. The first fight wasn’t nearly as dominant as you brainwashed eachother into believing. And Yan lost his mind over it. Like Conor did with Khabib.

Aljo cost me my first ever all picks right card on Tapology. But, I believe he won that fight. And he is absolutely the Undisputed Champion now. Congratulations to him.

85306-2757308.png
You can "believe" he won the fight. I watched round 1 again to make sure and Aljo lost that round no matter what you "believe".

I was just about to make the same thread after re-watching round 1...

how on earth did aljo win round 1??? guy literally did nothing. he was back-pedaling that entire round...

I scored the first round for Yan, but because Alijo looked like the most dominant fighter in the fight in rounds 2/3 I think it's fine it swung in his favor. It was a close round. Either way Sterling won the title fair and square.

I was just about to make the same thread after re-watching round 1...

how on earth did aljo win round 1??? guy literally did nothing. he was back-pedaling that entire round...
I thought Yan won the round based on significant strikes alone. That's a round where octagon control and aggression come into play and that round clearly goes to Yan. I don't see how a judge can give that to Aljo.

of the Aljo/Yan fight. There is no way Aljo won that round. He ran away from Yan the whole round. Most of the kicks were blocked and Yan landed a few nice significant strikes. Aljo could've been warned for stalling and not engaging. Easy round to score for Yan. 48-47 Yan since Petr won rounds 4 and 5. Very bad judging but not a surprise. This one was easier to score than the first round of GSP vs Hendricks.

Bro round 2 could of been/should of been a 10-8.. for Sterling..

It was a super close fight ..Sterling improved from the first fight...Yan not so much

Aljo was nowhere near threatening a choke the whole 7min or so he had back-control.

I think he got under the chin what, once?

I wouldnt score any of those 10-8 and I clearly gave Yan rounds 1,4, and 5.

Dillashaw is a terrible matchup for Aljo so whatever.

I had it 48-47 Yan. Hilarious way to end this feud, with Yan throwing away the title in a fight he was winning, to getting robbed of it the next fight.

Yan is a giant douche though, so call it karma.

<CerseiPlotting>

I had 47-47

people need to rewatch rd2 and tell me that’s not a 10-8. It wasn’t just control, he fucked yan up all round.

so I disagreed with all 3 judges

If there were competent judges, yea

But you should know what the judges are like by now

Back