Sterling was absolutely pathetic

It was an illegal strike, no question, and Yan should have known better.

That said, I hate fighters who play with this goofy rule and then milk it when the other guy fucks up. That knee down rule is bullshit and should be revised IMO.

I dont need a medical degree or in psychology to see what was going on there....It appears most people who seen it agree.
Hey - I’m saying that it’s not just on Yan. That it’s not just an automatic DQ because you do something illegal. Some people seem to see it as just one sided and automatic. I’m open to the possibility that sterling is at fault here too. But I won’t just point fingers. He knows the truth and has to live with it either way. In the end either way he can’t feel like he earned the belt.

Nah don’t like the move at all. You don’t win a title like that. Simple.

FFS the haters saying Sterling milked it are pathetic. The man worked harder than 99.9% of this forum can imagine, to go into a title fight as the #1 contender. Yan fucked up big. That was no Daley vs. Koscheck phantom knee - it blasted him flush on the temple snapping his head back.

Aljo lying there fucked up on the ground immediately told the ref he didn't want it to end like that, and then threw the belt on the ground as soon as Dana put it around his waist. If anything, his reactions made me more of a fan because he obviously knew he didn't "earn" the belt. He even told Rogan he thought he was down 2 rounds going into the 4th.

So bad situation but the outcome is the correct one. Sterling gets to wear a paper belt which means he gets paid more in the rematch as a defending champ. He earned that fair and square under the rules, but the rightful outcome will be made clear shortly.

Yes. We hate him for getting illegally kneed. We hate him so much we wish he was DEAD!!!
Get the fuck out with that rhetoric.

We've seen Francis Ngannou or Mirko Cro Cop literally decapitate human beings and them wake up afterwards no problem. Sterling was initially hurt but also it was obvious he was acting along the way to make it visibly more devastating than it was. His character got exposed.

The referee asked him if he wanted a free win in a fight he was obviously gonna lose. How can you blame him for making the easy choice? He's gonna get a rematch, he's gonna go into the fight as champion meaning a much bigger payday and he's gonna get the win bonus, which knowing the UFC pay structure, is a lot. No shame in his choice - he would have been a fool not to take it actually.
Sadly agree.

Get the fuck out with that rhetoric.

We've seen Francis Ngannou or Mirko Cro Cop literally decapitate human beings and them wake up afterwards no problem. Sterling was initially hurt but also it was obvious he was acting along the way to make it visibly more devastating than it was. His character got exposed.
For sure and seeing a guy kinda cry after taking such a knee was weird too...If your "out" most guys dont know where they are let alone get the crocodile tears going.

The only thing good here is this:
AND THE NEWWWW!
aljamain-sterling-belt.jpg
fuck that shit i wanna be champ then. if all it takes is getting beaten up by peter yan, i have all the tools necessary.

I’m gonna KFlo my own post from another thread

Yes, Yan is completely in the wrong here and he fucked up big. He is at fault for the incident and was punished accordingly.

Now is Aljamain Sterling a punk ass bitch for his dramatics and throwing the belt down and then taking pictures with it later? Does he deserve to catch shit? Absolutely.

both things are true

yes. absofuckinglutely yes. of course id rather the win to be 100% legal. but given the binary choice id rather call it a win for the actual winner of the fight instead of pretending the loser won. at the very least there should be a rule that the title cannot change hands via dq. that way we can avoid this farcical situation in the future.
There is no actual winner or loser of the fight because the fight ended illegally. But I see your point.

I agree with you as long as you recognize that that wasn't a legitimate win. Yan should have been stripped but the belt shouldn't have been given to Sterling.

What I don't understand is why he even threw the knee. The man has been fighting for years he knows the rules. It makes no sense. The only explanation I can think of is that Yan is a simple man with a very low IQ. "But he corner told him to do it!" so what? You still know the rules and know that you can't throw a knee against the head of a downed opponent. If your corner yelled out to you to bite the other guy and you do it, it's still your fault that you went and did it.

fuck that shit i wanna be champ then. if all it takes is getting beaten up by peter yan, i have all the tools necessary.
Ge has to knee you illegally, it makes sense tho just imagine if you didn't lose the belt due to a disqualification guys like Yan would just knee people as soon as he sees the opportunity then leave

There is no actual winner or loser of the fight because the fight ended illegally. But I see your point.

I agree with you as long as you recognize that that wasn't a legitimate win. Yan should have been stripped but the belt shouldn't have been given to Sterling.
I agree with the corner thing it was a stupid move and deserves the DQ and then gets compounded by a bad actor who used a stupid rule to get himself the belt.

I've never seen so many instances of someone falling to his back while the other fighter stands over him in my life.

TS and anyone sharing his opinion: delusional.
Got his fucking ass whooped, spent half the fight panic wrestling and throwing wild strikes. As soon as he found a way out because he was going to get killed in there he did some very bad acting saying that he's "dizzy" while he was just lying down panting on the canvas like a bitch. Absolutely pathetic and disgraceful and terrible decision of the UFC.

How is that even a downed strike? He was clearly standing up. Fucking stupid.
With all due respect, no shade, not insulting you but this is a dumb thread.

Why the fuck did yan throw the illegal knee? Instead of questioning the rule because you're salty about the outcome, why not question yan's behavior? Did anyone put a gun to his head and tell him to throw the knee? Why the fuck did he do it?

And now you're calling sterling pathetic? What did you want from him? You wanted him to carry on and get fucked up off an illegal strike? Give up championship pay because your asshole opponent is trying to kill you and not win by the rules? Fuck that. Yan should take his L as should his fanboys. If the roles were reversed y'all would be calling for sterling's head. Also not one of y'all are even concerned for sterling's wellbeing. Could be concussed. You're just hating bro. This is uncool. Yan fucked up. Admit it.

Back