Steve Bannon Calls Charlottesville Alt-Right Protesters a "Collection of Clowns"

He did a fine job, and wasn't exactly obligated to distance himself from a totally random group of people to begin with. Everyone (I mean literally everyone, including their nonwhite enemies) is accused of being a white supremacist by the left nowadays and the collateral damage to decent people who are actually willing to work with them is massive.

You're delusional. I would explain why but I honestly feel like I would be wasting my time.

I've been confused by Bannon. He's clearly not a Nazi. But what is He? I've never really heard any of his ideas. I listened to an hour long speech from him and came away still not knowing anything. Theres all this outrage about him, but why? But I guess he's gone now anyway.

I think he is sympathetic to white nationalism in europe but realizes it dosnt make sense in the USA. You cant make a non european country into some white homeland. Especially when it was originally a native amerian homeland.

His whole friends with russia and breitbart sympathies to pan racial and european and ethno nationalism says a lot. Id say that any real smart white nationalist should realize their cause is doomed in America and they should move to Europe.

I find these interviews by Trump officials to liberal news outlets to be bizarre. I have no idea what either Bannon or Scaramuci were thinking to give them, especially the way they gave them. Why would you be so frank and open with people that will hang you if they get the chance. It's like someone got them drunk and handed them the phone.

Bannon has always been like this but they needed to reinvent him as a "far-right Nazi" as a two birds/one stone assault on Breitbart and Trump. The public ate it up.

Even some of the conservatives on this forum sadly ate it up and felt compelled to distance themselves from that verified (by random pundits on Twitter) Neo-Nazi demagogue Steve Bannon. Sad.
Bannon and his policies have always been a confused and garbled.

I've tried to understand, and even like the guy, but I've come to the conclusion that his views are just a loose association of ideas. There is no way to connect what he says into a coherent, non-contradictory vision.

For example he thinks the national debt is the great crisis of our times (even made a movie about it "Generation Zero") yet he wants a trillion dollar stimulus and tax cuts.

Ok. Want a unicorn with that?

The fact that he can distance himself from racism while simultaneously building a entire website on race/ethnicity baiting is more of the same schizophrenia.

Back