Still can't help but feel bad for Conor and many fighters who have troubles with addiction

Feel bad, for a person who has an 8 or 9 figure bank account and all the potential in the world to help himself?

Nah, I don't think so. At some point, you just have to grow the fuck up and act like an adult.

I don't think he's "just" an addict. I think he's using drugs to mask or avoid the depression, mania, anxiety... whatever, and has gone way, way overboard. If he doesn't want to help himself, he can ruin his life and that of those closest to him, that will be on him. Some people just have to learn the hard way. He's not all buttoned up, and it goes way beyond the drugs. Look up ODD with an associative Bipolar Disorder and tell me that Conor doesn't check all of those boxes.

Conor is so into himself, I don't think he would even respond to an intervention over it. If he won't help himself, and he won't accept help from those involved in his life, there are only a couple of outcomes this leads to.

Well they are “cage-fighters” at the end of the day

If you told me one was on dope or one took roids it be like, “meh”

I understand the martial arts honor and all that but didn’t Tank Abbott wipe all that away by setting his beer down and walking off the bar-stool to starch some fools in some no-rules combat?

Addiction comes to many people, Conor is under a lot spot-light and reminiscing fans can’t let go of him so he stands out pretty bad right now

Shout out to Dan Severn btw Lol

I feel bad that you feel bad for a Multi millionare iconic athlete who made a choice to be an addict and continiously has trouble with substances, violence, cheating on the wife on a yatch etc

You should feel bad for his immediate family, not Conor.

Exactly.

He took "a character" too far ... away from the humbled "character of a man".
As an irishman, Conor is a typical drunk embarrassment of ego.
Add attention, power/authority, drink, drugs, and a man's character is removed.
Replaced with an ego.

Went from broke to generational wealth in real time, publicly, based on a character he amplified.
Sadly, he is no actor. He lived it.
Drinking, drugs, cheating, lying, bullying, manipulating and probably stole something along the way.

Conor is a real life leprechaun

amateur-sketch-1615992255.jpg

0_GettyImages-1496530115.jpg

1711214043036.jpeg

Most start with pain killers addiction. Then it's either alcohol, depression, permanent injuries, CTE or other cognitive issues..

It's a mad game they're playing. And while some of them are set for life, most struggle

Even those who get rich can't escape dark thoughts or addictive behaviors. Few of them will grow old healthy

I'm not saying Conor is a good man, not at all, but I tend to always respect fighters dedication and sacrifice for our enjoyment
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for McGregor. He fighting the hardest fight of his life right now, in the public eye.

I wonder if he still thinks no one can tell, or if he just doesn't care anymore.

Being rich could make things even worse. In my late teens/ early 20s I worked waiting tables for rich fuckers in private events and most of them were degenerate as fuck. Hard drugs, orgies, etc. Lots of fun lol.

Last edited:
Conor did not get hooked on pain pills. He is a just a little prick that got hooked on stimulants.

Being rich could make things even worse. I worked waiting tables for rich fuckers and most of them were degenerate as fuck. Hard drugs, orgies, etc. Lots of fun lol.
Hang on now... that's not fair.

What's wrong with orgies? Did you get invited?

Its true that alcohol and drugs is a big problem. I'll tell you why you have to keep clean.........I have met Dan Severn twice, he has had over 120 MMA fights and made his MMA debut at 34 years old, before that he had thousands of wrestling matches all over the world, also did WWF.

And he doesn't have a brain cell missing, he is super sharp, incredibly intelligent and his brain is like a 20 year old guy, in great shape for being 65 years old, doesn't have an ounce of fat on him, just a big guy naturally. So anyways........ I asked him whats his key to having thousands of wrestling matches and hundreds of MMA fights but yet not having a hair out of place? lol... he said "Never ever drank a drop of alcohol in my life, never taken drugs in my life and never ever taken too much time off.. absoutley no need for that". He said the good old fashioned way is best.. just real proper training and eating good meals, not rabbits food.

Conor is very low class and vile to begin with though and has an addictive personality. He is not a good person at all. Beating pensioners, and beating people on the street, causing property damages and his mouth is rotten. Not a good person at all. Its true that the alcohol and drugs will make it worse though
Didn't know all that about Severn, good on him. Obviously he does have some fat on him but a healthy level. He was never the shredded monster some big wrestlers were back then (Shamrock, Coleman, Kerr, etc) so that tells me he didn't use PEDs either.

As far as Conor, I don't know if he was always a terrible person. I recall an early interview where he was pimple faced and talked about his dreams to make big $. he seemed pretty humble and clearly was working hard. Back then he didn't have a pot to piss in yet Dee saw something in him and supported him.

Now he's an egomaniac and has multiple substance abuse issues. He'll probably never change until he hits rock bottom.

Last edited:
I don’t think there is a possible scenario where I would feel bad for Conor.

I prefer to feel bad for the many victims who aren't rich enough to buy off police departments who mysteriously "lose" rape kits that they collect.

But to each their own. Poor Jeff Epstein and his addiction to some rich guy drug that he innocently snorted up his nose 100 times by accident. What a tough life he had.

You can draw your own conclusions, but rape is pretty far fetched for an Irishman cage fighter worth hundreds of millions. Not saying it's impossible but it's pretty gullible to believe just any accusation lauded at a millionaire man these days.

I feel bad for those struggling with drugs while in poverty or divorce or PTSD or loss of loved ones, etc. When you're super rich and never have to work again in your life and have earned enough to take care of your entire extended family and all their neighbors for the next 100 years, and you start having children and decide to increase your drug intake, you can fuck off.

Sorry, but this is just childish. How much of your personal wealth do you donate each paycheck to the betterment of others? How about time and effort? Conor came from fairly impoverished circumstances and pulled himself up by his own bootstraps. Nothing to sneeze at there.

I'm certainly not rich but make good money and have some substantial PTSD from childhood trauma/violence that I've seen and experienced coupled with the dozens of gruesome deaths of children I've seen in emergency medicine from traumatic abuse, drownings, fires/burns, beatings, shootings, stabbings, rapes, motor vehicle accidents, dog attcks, from 2 days old to 17 years old. I don't think I should compare myself to someone who I'd view as having less trauma than me and think they owe me something, or more trauma than me and think I owe them something. If you don't freely give out empathy, that's fine, it's yours to manage. But that doesn't make you virtuous, imho. It just makes you judgemental and that typically comes from a lack of life experience, not a surplus of it.

Not trying to be a dick, fwiw. I just think it's easy to withhold empathy and replace it with judgement when you haven't done shit or been through shit. Sometimes when you've been through ALL the shit, you can harshly judge. But short of that, I think analysis and understanding is more valuable than perspectives like yours. Again no offense intended.

Last edited:
Its true that alcohol and drugs is a big problem. I'll tell you why you have to keep clean.........I have met Dan Severn twice, he has had over 120 MMA fights and made his MMA debut at 34 years old, before that he had thousands of wrestling matches all over the world, also did WWF.

And he doesn't have a brain cell missing, he is super sharp, incredibly intelligent and his brain is like a 20 year old guy, in great shape for being 65 years old, doesn't have an ounce of fat on him, just a big guy naturally. So anyways........ I asked him whats his key to having thousands of wrestling matches and hundreds of MMA fights but yet not having a hair out of place? lol... he said "Never ever drank a drop of alcohol in my life, never taken drugs in my life and never ever taken too much time off.. absoutley no need for that". He said the good old fashioned way is best.. just real proper training and eating good meals, not rabbits food.

Conor is very low class and vile to begin with though and has an addictive personality. He is not a good person at all. Beating pensioners, and beating people on the street, causing property damages and his mouth is rotten. Not a good person at all. Its true that the alcohol and drugs will make it worse though
I have seen Dan Severn make similar comments in an interview I can't find right now, essentially saying it's why so many fighters/wrestlers die at a young age. Agree 100% Severn is holding up real good, but his style of fighting also meant that he took an unusually low amount of damage (grappling/wrestling based). Still you're not wrong, and McGregor does seem to be hitting the yayo and I guess it's kind of moreish, but also I think there's a bit of overanalysis by internet sleuths.

Feel bad, for a person who has an 8 or 9 figure bank account and all the potential in the world to help himself?

Nah, I don't think so. At some point, you just have to grow the fuck up and act like an adult.

I don't think he's "just" an addict. I think he's using drugs to mask or avoid the depression, mania, anxiety... whatever, and has gone way, way overboard. If he doesn't want to help himself, he can ruin his life and that of those closest to him, that will be on him. Some people just have to learn the hard way. He's not all buttoned up, and it goes way beyond the drugs. Look up ODD with an associative Bipolar Disorder and tell me that Conor doesn't check all of those boxes.

Conor is so into himself, I don't think he would even respond to an intervention over it. If he won't help himself, and he won't accept help from those involved in his life, there are only a couple of outcomes this leads to.

In my experience addiction is only possible when your social safety net fails. Meaning when you don't have a group of people that can support you, monitor you and phisically be around you; or when the people can't help or aren't interested.
This isn't to blame your mom if you do lines of coke for lunch, but to show that with professionals who know what they're doing and policy it's all to an extent preventable.

Addiction is also an exercise in power. Life is complicated and you always have to keep so many things in mind, most of them are out of your control. The life of an addict is comparably simple: they have only one problem and only one way to solve it.

Most start with pain killers addiction. Then it's either alcohol, depression, permanent injuries, CTE or other cognitive issues..

It's a mad game they're playing. And while some of them are set for life, most struggle

Even those who get rich can't escape dark thoughts or addictive behaviors. Few of them will grow old healthy

I'm not saying Conor is a good man, not at all, but I tend to always respect fighters dedication and sacrifice for our enjoyment
You can say what you want, but you really don’t know for sure what is going on with Conor, it’s all speculation.

Back