Stipe’s lay n pray strategy tonight

miscend

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The UFC commentary team tonight were very adamant that Francis would rather eat shots from Stipe on top than have the guy continue to lay on top of him and hug him like that.

That’s a typically asinine statement from those guys. Neither is ideal, but I’m pretty sure most fighters would prefer not losing brain cells from taking direct shots.

Anyway I think lay n pray is a legitimate strategy against strikers. It’s an approach that was popularised by the great Arona.

Lay n pray... at times, sure

But also masterful game planning and execution on dealing with a larger, more explosive, and dangerous opponent that has put everyone he's faced in the UFC away and damn near killed his last opponent.

It's MMA.

I think their faces at the end of the match says it all with regards to who landed the better strikes.
I can't help it if stipe marks up easy and wears his damage

Francis was making pained faces and his ears were being wiggled by stipe's shots

DUDLToUWAAEtH3F.jpeg DUCzwDAX4AIx2NA.jpeg

Oh.... and 82-0

I think their faces at the end of the match says it all with regards to who landed the better strikes.
The way their faces look???? Who dafuq scores fights like this???? Besides Valentina Shevchenko, of course "Nunes's rose is red, I won the fight"

Newb.

The UFC commentary team tonight were very adamant that Francis would rather eat shots from Stipe on top than have the guy continue to lay on top of him and hug him like that.

That’s a typically asinine statement from those guys. Neither is ideal, but I’m pretty sure most fighters would prefer not losing brain cells from taking direct shots.

Anyway I think lay n pray is a legitimate strategy against strikers. It’s an approach that was popularised by the great Arona.
Arona? What about Dan Severn

Lol that isn't even an argument. You can post images of Ngannou squinting like a normal fucking human being whenever he gets hit all you want but that doesn't change my original point.
You don't have a point dude....just excuses

82-0....facts

The expressions on Frankie face says the same thing

Did you score the val-nuns fight for schevchenko cause she reddened and marked her face up too?

<36>

Dom Cruz was saying taking shots was physically more possible. Ngannou wasn't going to lift a 240lb man clean in the air in that state.

It was smart and safe. I was a little surprised he didn't try to go for a stoppage when it seemed like he could have without putting himself in much more danger, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Maybe they thought Francis would stand a better shot landing a haymaker and koing Stipe.

Yeah he could have been way more relentless with those shots. But he couldn't get much leverage off. I think it was at the end of the 4th it looked like he was going to to setup a guilotine, circling more towards his head.

Made for a bit of a boring fight this way though but whatever.

I don't understand the 82-0 reference.

I don't understand the 82-0 reference.
Look at R4
fb_img_1516521842855-jpg.328267

They were saying that Francis would rather Stipe punch him because that would give Francis the opportunity to explode up and get out of that position...

Back