Stipe absorbed 162 significant strikes to the head, DC 86.

Well, he was.
He had 13 fights at HW and his best wins were Barnett, Mir, Bigfoot, and Roy Nelson before he fought Stipe the first time. He then beat Stipe for the belt and defended against Derrick Lewis.

So again, nobody with a brain thought DC was the HW GOAT.

He had 13 fights at HW and his best wins were Barnett, Mir, Bigfoot, and Roy Nelson before he fought Stipe the first time. He then beat Stipe for the belt and defended against Derrick Lewis.

So again, nobody with a brain thought DC was the HW GOAT.

Beating Stipe was a pretty big deal, as Stipe was the conscensus GOAT UFC HW. Well, at least he held/holds the record for most consecutive defences.

It's not unreasonable to think as DC as one of the best HW's ever. Who would rival him? Fedor, obviously. He's the GOAT hw imo. But besides that?

Both f them would have been juiced out of their fucking minds in PRIDEFC era..........so probably not
Yeah contrary to UFC nowadays were this is unheard of. <Lmaoo> PED cheats always look ripped. Just like Tim Sylvia and Barnett.

Stipe looked so much better against Francis. It's like he's a different fighter now-static and next to no defense. His new reign will not last long, I'm afraid.

Wrestling Was a big part of the game plan against Francis and will be again I believe. He’s not a pure striker. He has power but the defense yeah it’s pretty bad.

Sure, but he got dominated for the whole fight before the left hooks to the body.

I know, I know. It doesn't matter because Stipe won. But it kinda does.

He did not get Dominated did you watch the fight? He was hurting DC from round two on. DC’s corner was very concerned in fact DC himself kept asking his corner if he was losing the fight. Round three was another close one with a lot of heavy shots exchange. And we all saw round four.

Has anyone watched the interview with Stipe in chaels podcast? He spoke more clearly that ever , I could understand everything , DC obviously touched something there and improved his speech lol. Im glad that Stipe looks fine.

Beating Stipe was a pretty big deal, as Stipe was the conscensus GOAT UFC HW. Well, at least he held/holds the record for most consecutive defences.

It's not unreasonable to think as DC as one of the best HW's ever. Who would rival him? Fedor, obviously. He's the GOAT hw imo. But besides that?
He had 15 fights at HW before the loss, he's wasn't even in the discussion. He's going to be remembered like Hendo, an ATG with accomplishments in multiple divisions, but not as many accomplishments as the GOAT of those divisions.

And Fedor, Big Nog, Werdum, Stipe, and JDS are all ahead of him. DCs resume at HW doesn't come close to theirs.

He had 15 fights at HW before the loss, he's wasn't even in the discussion. He's going to be remembered like Hendo, an ATG with accomplishments in multiple divisions, but not as many accomplishments as the GOAT of those divisions.

And Fedor, Big Nog, Werdum, Stipe, and JDS are all ahead of him. DCs resume at HW doesn't come close to theirs.

Depends on how you value being undefeated. Take JDS, he had brutal losses vs i.e. Cain and ... Stipe

Sure, if you've fought no one of notice, being undefeated isn't a big thing. This isn't the case with DC though. When he beat Stipe like it was nothing, coming up from lhw and having only lost vs Jones (questionable losses considering Jones' ped-issues ...), it was reasonable to have him in contention for GOAT.

Depends on how you value being undefeated. Take JDS, he had brutal losses vs i.e. Cain and ... Stipe

Sure, if you've fought no one of notice, being undefeated isn't a big thing. This isn't the case with DC though. When he beat Stipe like it was nothing, coming up from lhw and having only lost vs Jones (questionable losses considering Jones' ped-issues ...), it was reasonable to have him in contention for GOAT.
What he did at LHW means absolutely nothing when discussing HW. He's beaten Stipe, Lewis, Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, and Roy Nelson. That is not a GOAT level resume.

For a comparison, except for Barnett, JDS has beaten every top name on DC's resume and he's beaten Werdum, Cain, Carwin, Rothwell, Cro Cop, Gonzaga, and Struve.

For a comparison, except for Barnett, JDS has beaten every top name on DC's resume and he's beaten Werdum, Cain, Carwin, Rothwell, Cro Cop, Gonzaga, and Struve.

He's also lost in devastating ways vs Cain (and has other losses as well).

As I said, it depends on how you value being undefeated.

Again: I don't think it would be unreasonable to have DC in the mix of hw GOAT's before the second Stipe fight. And first and foremost it's a fact that he was.

He's also lost in devastating ways vs Cain (and has other losses as well).

As I said, it depends on how you value being undefeated.

Again: I don't think it would be unreasonable to have DC in the mix of hw GOAT's before the second Stipe fight. And first and foremost it's a fact that he was.
His wins far outweigh his losses. At his peak, he had already beaten far better fighters than DC has. Losses can't change that.

And that's an opinion, not fact

If you watch closely you can see DC actually missed the majority of punches that he put his full weight into. He whiffed a lot of haymakers and landed alot of semi hard shots. Missing those shots is icredibly tiring also.

If you watch closely you can see DC actually missed the majority of punches that he put his full weight into. He whiffed a lot of haymakers and landed alot of semi hard shots. Missing those shots is incredibly tiring also.

Yeah contrary to UFC nowadays were this is unheard of. <Lmaoo> PED cheats always look ripped. Just like Tim Sylvia and Barnett.
I don't think Stipe or DC are juiced out of their minds. I just don't.
I'm talking no fucks given PRIDE juicing like prime Wanderlei Silva, Mark Coleman, Don fry type shit shit

Stipe or DC would already beat anyone's ass in pride, but if you put them on that level of gym candy they would literally toy with Prime Fedor or Croy-Cop like a cat playing with a mouse.

I don't think Stipe or DC are juiced out of their minds. I just don't.
I'm talking no fucks given PRIDE juicing like prime Wanderlei Silva, Mark Coleman, Don fry type shit shit

Stipe or DC would already beat anyone's ass in pride, but if you put them on that level of gym candy they would literally toy with Prime Fedor or Croy-Cop like a cat playing with a mouse.
Let it go, PRIDE got exposed by Bellator and SF .. Only good pride fighter in UFC was a known steroid cheater in Silva. Dan Henderson knocked the daylight out of Fedor xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back