Stipe calls out DC yet again smh.

DC wasn't scared to fight him the first time. Does Stipe think that the first round KO win reduced DC's confidence?
DemandingRevolvingClingfish-size_restricted.gif

Can we all be honest here?

DC would probably beat Stipe 7/10 times if not higher.

PositiveHatefulAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Just imagine the rematch. Everybody thought Stipe would win on the feet and lose in the wrestling exchanges.

DC beat him on the feet, and in the rematch, he'd probably out wrestle him.

DC wasn't scared to fight him the first time. Does Stipe think that the first round KO win reduced DC's confidence?

No, he is just trying to drum up (pun intended) a rematch. I highly doubt he really believes DC is scared.

I like Stipe but please shut the hell up and win some fights

Dude would have a much better case if he went and knocked out a top 5 guy

second time around I want DC to toss stipe like he did barnett/hendo/gus lol

Stipe is a good guy and I understand why he wants that rematch, 100%.

That said, he got KTFO in the very first round by DC.

He should take a contender fight with a top 5 guy, then fight for the title, whoever may be holding it at that time.

Dc is on his way out.

No, he is just trying to drum up (pun intended) a rematch. I highly doubt he really believes DC is scared.

It's kind of sad. Before this fight, he was a fighter's fighter, a guy who a scoffed at doing media and promotion and building his brand or his name up; a guy who just wanted to fight the best and prove his worth by fighting.

Now that he's lost, it's back fired on him. He doesn't have the pull in the MMA world to get that rematch, and he doesn't have that sort power to influence fans or media, all because he didn't capitalize on building his brand and his fanbase when he could have during his reign as champ.

If he wanted to play the social network/media/ promote fights angle, then he should have tried to play the media game and built a fanbase earlier in his career so that when he has something to say, people would actually listen. Right now it's all falling on def ears.

I'd rather see Stipe just go back to his ideology of not trying to hype up his fights and just fight. If he wanted to just be a fighter that ignores promotion, then he should stay true to that and just keep kicking ass till he gets another title shot-- he shouldn't change his tune now by playing the media/hype game. It's a bad look.

Last edited:
Think this as been discussed to death

- You got flat lined in 1 round. Go win a fight and campaign for a rematch then
- Refused to give Werdum rematch after losing in similar fashion
- Nobody likes the stench of desperation

Sorry Stipe but STFU

It's kind of sad. Before this fight, he was a fighters fighter, a guy who a offed at doing media and building his brand or his name up, a guy who just wanted to fight the best and prove his worth by fighting.

Now that he's lost, it's back fired on him. He doesn't have the pull in the MMA world to get that rematch, so his attempt to play the social networking/media game riggt now isn't going to cut it. He should have tried to do it earlier when he was a champ, so that he'd have a huge fanbase to support him in times like this, but he didn't.

I'd rather see Stipe just go back to not trying to hype up his fights and just fight.

prob getting bitched at everyday by his handler the wife..

Stipe doesn't actually think DC is scared, he just wants his rightful re-match before DC's self-imposed career deadline.

Why do people have this "back of the line!" attitude towards Stipe? He has more successful title defenses than any other HW champion in the UFC, and it's not like there's another clear-cut #1 contender right now. Stipe deserves a rematch IMO.

You got finished in the first round. Go win a fight before talking, jeez.

It's kind of sad. Before this fight, he was a fighters fighter, a guy who a scoffed at doing media and building his brand or his name up; a guy who just wanted to fight the best and prove his worth by fighting.

Now that he's lost, it's back fired on him. He doesn't have the pull in the MMA world to get that rematch, andahe doesn't have sothat infkuence because he didn't capitalize while he could have when he was a champ. His attempt to play the social networking/media game right now asa non champ that got brutally knocked out isn't going to cut it. He should have tried to do it earlier when he was a champ, so that he'd have a huge fanbase to support him in times like this, but he didn't.

I'd rather see Stipe just go back to not trying to hype up his fights and just fight.

he definitely has the backing of the mma world but no casuals know stipe

he reminds me of luke cuckhold now lol

This dude really posted a stock photo of a cartoon turkey to fire a shot at someone on Instagram.

Last edited:
If you get straight up KO'd in the first round why in God's name do you deserve a rematch?

It's pathetic seeing Stipe acting like he deserves a rematch when it's like dude you got KTFO in the first round

He may have defended the title 3 times but that's not exactly a Silva/GSP/Aldo type streak

Hell Jose went undefeated for ten years and couldn't get a rematch

He definitely has a chance in beating him in the rematch and I don't see DC catching him in the clinch again (or out wrestling him). With that being said, I want to see DC knock him out again, so he can shut the fuck up for good.

Back