Stipe has a chance in this fight

one would be crazy to think stipe has no chance. firstly its mma, secondly its heavyweight mma. Stipe is the UFC heavyweight GOAT, heavyweights also tend to age better than the lighter weight classes due to relying less on speed. I still favor Jones in the matchup, but I would not be surprised if Stipe is able to prevent being taken down and can keep the fight on the feet.

Stipe always has a shot and Jones' lack of power is going to make Stipe a little more confident while striking.
This is a hard one to pick. Jones wouldn't be pushing for this if he thought it was an even matchup. Just not the way he's worked in the past. Stipe is always game though. DC struggled to wrestle him and HW DC was a stronger grappler than LHW.

Speaking of DC, you saw what he said recently of the match?

"He said Stipe is old. It sounds like Jon Jones is wanting to fight the highest grossing fight with the least amount of risk. I will warn you this, don't overlook Stipe Miocic. He is a f**king killer, and if you overlook him he will put you out. He's just that good. 42, 35, 31, 38, it don't matter. Miocic is going to show up."

Who cares, they are both out of their prime. The fight means nothing.

It's a fight that's as important as Paul vs. Tyson.

And Paul vs. Tyson is definitely the bigger fight.

As I'm Danish, I'm following danish media. And Tyson-Paul is way bigger than Jones-Stipe here, talking about media coverage.
Except that Jon is the UFC HW champion which makes it mean something when it comes to ranking and who fights who and the future of the HW division. I can almost guarantee you that if Jon loses, there will be a rematch - which we probably will have to wait years to see as Jon doesnt give a fuck about holding up the division for forever.

And as a fellow dane I would say that in general, MMA is a miniscule sport here in Denmark. Very few people follow it, and most people here don't even know who Stipe or Jon Jones is. Tyson is still a household name 20 years after his last real fight, which says something about how big he was. People think Conor was/is big...Tyson was HUGE.

Last edited:

"He said Stipe is old. It sounds like Jon Jones is wanting to fight the highest grossing fight with the least amount of risk. I will warn you this, don't overlook Stipe Miocic. He is a f**king killer, and if you overlook him he will put you out. He's just that good. 42, 35, 31, 38, it don't matter. Miocic is going to show up."
I have zero doubt that Stipe will come in prepared and in shape. Father Time doesn't give a fuck. It just depends on if Stipe can beat him there.

I would be very cautious trusting DC's word on anything to do with Jon Jones. DC goes into convulsions anytime someone brings the name Jon Jones. Jones absolutely humiliated DC over and over and over again, inside the cage and out. Stipe doesn't have the slightest chance of winning against Jones in any alternate reality one could create. If Jon Jones steps into the cage he knows 100% he is going to win.

Ofcourse Stipe has a chance...

Only the loud mouth breathers are writing him off, Stipe has been very consistent as a HW and has a good skill set to match up with anyone ...

Everyone's just sleeping on Stipe...and maybe Jones is too ...

I would pick Stipe to be the guy to beat Jones more than any other newer stock of Hws...

Last edited:
I have zero doubt that Stipe will come in prepared and in shape. Father Time doesn't give a fuck. It just depends on if Stipe can beat him there.

Thor fighting the personification of aging - Ælde

Stipe may be old, but he's still a former world champion. He always has a chance.

Still, I'd be folding money that Jones manhandles him.

I would be very cautious trusting DC's word on anything to do with Jon Jones. DC goes into convulsions anytime someone brings the name Jon Jones. Jones absolutely humiliated DC over and over and over again, inside the cage and out. Stipe doesn't have the slightest chance of winning against Jones in any alternate reality one could create. If Jon Jones steps into the cage he knows 100% he is going to win.

We all know DC has a special nerve dedicated to being irritated by Jones. But you'd think that if his aim was to berate his perpetual enemy, he would have laid far more into "look at Jones trying to beat up an old man, how pathetic" angle and far less into the "Stipe is actually dangerous" one.

And your imagination is quite poor if you haven't thought of the alternate universe where Jones re-tears his pec in the cage and they chalk it up as a technical knock out for Stipe.

Ojalá así sea.

One of the biggest obstacles everyone faces when they get in the cage with Jon is his aura. Stipe absolutely must come into the cage ready for war. Jon is a motherf$ker. Regardless, actually in spite of all thje people that dislike Jon, this mofo keeps showing up and whipping arse. Jon is a terror. He believes he is invincible but yet remains tactical (and that is hard to do). He is going to come in an try to find a way to make Stipe fight his fight. Stipe cannot, absolutely cannot fight Jon's fight. If Jon wants to fight at range, stipe has to pressure. If Jon wants to fight inside then Stipe has to keep distance and pick him apart. Jon truly is a motherf$cker. He is a monster and fully believes he is the absolute best there has ever been. I hope Stipe has one left in the gas tank cause I promise I'm running around the room screaming like a little girl if Stipe pulls it off and rides into the sunset.

better chance than we have all been insinuating. but its still not a good one.

i really want Stipe to win. Worried about lay-off and age, he's not a fighter that has aged well - but i'm always a fan and will be rooting for him! GO STIPE!!! ZIVJILI!!!!

Stipe is not a long fighter and he fights short too.
Jon will most likely oblique kick his knees in from the outside and poke him a few times in the eyes.

Stipe still has power but his movement looked slow against Ngannou, and I seriously doubt it has gotten better 3 years later.

I hate Jon as everyone knows but I have a feeling he'll do whatever he wants at one point in this fight.

Based on what?

Jones has never fought a more skilled or dangerous opponent at any weight class.

You could argue maybe DC is as skilled, but he’s much shorter and was much lighter and he does not possess the skill or power striking that Stipe does.

This is by far Jones’ biggest and most skilled challenger of his career and he’s coming off a free, gift wrapped, walkover, squash match win. Your vision is colored by that free win over Gane. Gane doesn’t exist in the same universe as stipe.

In terms of skill, pedigree and size, Jones has never fought anybody like stipe.

Your only argument is his age. That is silly, considering Jones is less active, coming off an injury, 37 years old and hasn’t fought anybody of note in almost five years

Back