News Stipe Miocic has been told he will be fighting the Jones / Gane winner next

He's one of the goat hws

Of course he gets a shot.

Very bizarre to suggest otherwise actually

He's coming off a devastating ko, and he hasn't won a fight in like 3 years.
Whereas these other guys are fighting and winning sir.

I’d prefer Sergei no matter who wins. He should be next.

I just wanna see that Jones vs Stipe fight. It's the only time we'll get to see a divisional goat vs a divisional goat.

He's coming off a devastating ko, and he hasn't won a fight in like 3 years.
Whereas these other guys are fighting and winning sir.

The last person he beat that's still in the organization is Arlovski back in 2016
He's one of the most accomplished HW's in the history of the sport.

He deserves the respect of another shot in what would probably one of the last fights of his career. if not the last.

I understand the point of respecting the hierarchy of rankings and those who've been moving up the ladder, fighting for their shot.

But the reality is that exceptions will always be made and making fights doesn't always follow a linear path. This has always been the case in MMA and going back deep into boxing history.

Stipe vs Jones is a fight that everyone has been wanting to see for years.

Considering how much Stipe has accomplished and his legacy in the sport, it's actually utterly disrespectful that people are reacting like this.

Stipe is an all time great HW and he's 1-1 with Ngannou. He was always going to be next in line for the title.

I highly doubt that the winner will defend the belt so soon.

He's one of the most accomplished HW's in the history of the sport.

He deserves the respect of another shot in what would probably one of the last fights of his career. if not the last.

I understand the point of respecting the hierarchy of rankings and those who've been moving up the ladder, fighting for their shot.

But the reality is that exceptions will always be made and making fights doesn't always follow a linear path. This has always been the case in MMA and going back deep into boxing history.

Stipe vs Jones is a fight that everyone has been wanting to see for years.

Considering how much Stipe has accomplished and his legacy in the sport, it's actually utterly disrespectful that people are reacting like this.

Stipe is an all time great HW and he's 1-1 with Ngannou. He was always going to be next in line for the title.
WAS
Literally every single person Stipe has fought is done or left.
He has been brutally KOed ub 2 of his 4 fights in the past 4 years and is completely inactive.
Not sure why him being 1-1 with Francisc after winning against francis in 2018 makes him deserving lol.
Arlovski is one of the great heavyweights of all time too and won 4 of his last 5; does he also deserve a shot?
He's fought 7 times in the same span Miocic has fought once lmao.
It's an absolute joke and fanboi clamoring doesn't make it right.

WAS
Literally every single person Stipe has fought is done or left.
He has been brutally KOed ub 2 of his 4 fights in the past 4 years and is completely inactive.
Not sure why him being 1-1 with Francisc after winning against francis in 2018 makes him deserving lol.
Arlovski is one of the great heavyweights of all time too and won 4 of his last 5; does he also deserve a shot?
He's fought 7 times in the same span Miocic has fought once lmao.
It's an absolute joke and fanboi clamoring doesn't make it right.

He was always going to be fighting for the belt. He was 1-1 with Ngannou, if he remained champion, that was the fight they were going to make.

Jones Stipe has been a fight fans have wanted for years. Champ vs champ. A super fight.

Stipe is in the twilight of his career and has maybe one or two fights left. If that's on the table, they're making it.

Not every fight has to adhere to the linear hierarchy of 'deservedness'

Especially when we're talking about accomplished fighters who've earned their stripes as some of the best the sport has ever seen.

All that mental masturbation to discredit a HW who's more accomplished than almost anyone in the division.

Nothing to do with being a fan of anyone, your thinking is just sloppy, disrespectful and clearly oblivious to the bigger picture.

He's 40, coming off a brutal KO loss and will be on a 2 1/2 year layoff by then, is 2-2 in the last 5 years with both wins against the same also over 40 guy right before retirement.

Was Nog not available?

He's fighting Blaydes next though.
Gane you mean? Pavlovich should def get the next title shot. Isn’t it weird how the UFC will put a guy like that on standby to be a backup for Jones-Gane—but if the Jones-Gane fight happens then the backup fighter isn’t he one who gets the next shot?

If Miocic can fight before autumn, then fine - but forcing Blaydes/Pavlovich out of the picture for another year to accomodate a man who hasn't fought in ages, is just ridiculous.

I dont understand the fascination that the ufc has with him. The guy isnt charismatic, 3 years doing nothing after being destroyed.

Gane you mean? Pavlovich should def get the next title shot. Isn’t it weird how the UFC will put a guy like that on standby to be a backup for Jones-Gane—but if the Jones-Gane fight happens then the backup fighter isn’t he one who gets the next shot?

Yeah the shit they pull doesn't surprise me anymore sir lol.
But Im pretty sure someone did a thread on Pav and Blaydes fighting.

First post on here in years.

That said, the dude is a good fighter, but he's getting older. He's suffered a brutal KO loss and is now coming off a long layover. I would take either Gane or Jones over him.

Stipe should call it a day - with all due respect. And I always liked the guy. Don't fancy seeing him getting knocked out once again which would be the result.

I get it though as he is still a big name that Dana wants him for another HW PPV main event.

I didn't say it was easy but how does it warrant the same favours that massive defence streaks in other divisions get you? That reign ended 2.5 years ago and he's already had an "immediate" (1 year later) rematch since that KO loss. He beat that same guy twice, got KO'd AGAIN and automatically gets ANOTHER shot 2.5 years later? There's just no defending this shit. Nobody wants to see it
i wanna see it but i agree its not the ideal situation. i know Stipe had been ready to fight last year but then his dad died so i think he took the rest of the year off to deal with that. as for the rest of the layoff i couldnt tell you.

Thought he retired

Hes kinda of in a "half in half out" sort of situation, where he's not done with MMA but it isn't a really a priority in his life. It looked like he was done cause it didn't look like he'd be get another title shots without winning some more fights. The feeling I got was he wasn't willing to do that. But Jones seems pretty insistant on fighting Stipe cause of the symbolism with his record. So he wouldn't have to.

Generally I feel most people think Stipe "deserves" a title shot but at the same time really aren't excited about it and would prefer to see someone new like Blaydes or Aspinall. A few years back even Jones haters began admitting they didn't really think Stipe had a chance.

Thank you for your offer Stipe, it's been a while.
We've got a fight vs Arlovski for you if you're interested.

Dana.

They gotta milk the Jones is champ cow until they crush him. On a side note, funny how stipe and Jones are quickly in it after Francis left.
Well yeah, Francis wasn't agreeing to any fights with the UFC.

Funny how there's a fight for the belt now that he left.

Back