Stipe Miocic is confident in his chances against Jon Jones: "I'm going to come out on top" #UFC295

Winner?

• Total voters
I think Stipe does better than Gane, but Jones wins and UFC immediately proclaims Jones is the HW GOAT.

This was once a favorable match up for Stipe. This is coming from someone who thought Jon was going to outstrike Gane. If you check my history, you will know that I thought very highly of Jon.

Stipe's striking is as basic as it comes, but what sets him apart is the combination of quickness, timing and power in his punches compared to the rest of the division. When you add relentless pressure and a very durable chin to that, he would have put Jon in a lot of trouble. Anyone who claims that Stipe's weakness is his chin has no idea what they are talking about. It could be a problem now since he was knocked out in his last fight, but his chin has consistently been one of his biggest strengths.

I'll put this in perspective, when is the last time you saw Overeem show his back and run away like that during a fight? He didn't do that against Pavlovich or even Ngannou.

Jon on his best day at light heavyweight didn't have hands as quick and powerful as Stipe. Do you think he could put Stipe into a clinch position and do what Cormier did? Dream on. He wasn't quick enough to do that at light heavyweight and he certainly won't be able to do it at heavyweight.

But that is Stipe from a few years ago, who knows how he will look. I think it'll be a competitive fight since I don't think Jon is a versatile fighter anymore. He's got one dominant path to victory.

Is anyone actually excited about this fight? I just personally don't care.
I would be for sure if this was 4-5 years ago. Now adays I fear we're just going to see a shell of Stipe walk in there at 41.

Stipe by KO in the first. How people are sleeping on Stipe is beyond me, he got caught by NGannou and almost scored a KO of his own in the process. He beat DC twice. What more do people want??

Voting Stipe because I'm a fan, and he might win. But modest opinion is that Jones us about a 2-1 faborite. Probably 3-1, if he's allowed to pulse and/or flagrantly throw eye pokes with zero repercussions. But I'll give Jones the benefit if the doubt, and assume he's, and everyone involved not in Stipe's camp, are acting in good faith.

Now that I think about it, for Stipe to win, he's either gonna have to get the finish, or beat Jon like a red-headed stepchild for at least 4 rds. Ain't no way Stipe is walking out a winner of a close decision.

Last edited:
Jones by anything he wants. This will look like the Gane fight but last a little longer.
"look like the Gane fight but last a little longer"??!! if it'd be like Gane then it would be in round 1 but you can't say that fight will end in 1 round as long as you're saying it'll be a little longer, like, how do you see it a little longer then if it's gonna be like Gane? lol.

"look like the Gane fight but last a little longer"??!! if it'd be like Gane then it would be in round 1 but you can't say that fight will end in 1 round as long as you're saying it'll be a little longer, like, how do you see it a little longer then if it's gonna be like Gane? lol.
Jones will dominate Stipe and get a finish but it'll take a bit longer into the first round. What's so hard to understand?

Back