Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou - Who Wins?

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This should be an amazing battle between these two. Who takes it?

Overeem fought scared. He fought the same as he did with Miocic and Werdum. That never works out well for him. Miocic won't fight him like that, and he has the better boxing and wrestling. There are so many unanswered questions here for N'Gannou still that I have to favour Stipe, but clearly Francis has the power and speed to KO ANYONE.
I lean 60% toward Miocic.

icon_cheers.png
STIPE
icon_cheers.png

Reem played it really sloppy. Lucky he didn't get KO'ed with that first lunge

Miocic won't make that same mistake. His movement will elude Ngannou's power... he might even use his wrestling just to take it out of the equation.

The fight can go either way, but since Stipe is already champion he will retain the belt. Ngannou has to beat Stipe to win the belt. A draw or a split decision would go Stipe's way.

I'm surprised Miocic is even an option in this poll.

Stipe is just a human. A part timer also.

74d73a7fc07a0f6fe1828d84178d616c

stipes head is too huge, alistors head is tiny

Francis is indeed a physical specimen and he is on fire right now but Stipe is a big dude too and has more experience, is very well rounded. He won't make the mistakes that Arlovski and Overeem made, he's more composed and he fights smart. That's a tough one to call ... I'm a big Ngannou fan but I still favor Stipe at this stage of Ngannou's career.

Francis is indeed a physical specimen and he is on fire right now but Stipe is a big dude too and has more experience, is very well rounded. He won't make the mistakes that Arlovski and Overeem made, he's more composed and he fights smart. That's a tough one to call ... I'm a big Ngannou fan but I still favor Stipe at this stage of Ngannou's career.

The mistake those two men made were to step into the octagon with a warlord. Stipe will make the same mistake, and he will go to sleep.

The fight can go either way, but since Stipe is already champion he will retain the belt. Ngannou has to beat Stipe to win the belt. A draw or a split decision would go Stipe's way.

That fight's not going to a decision.

Overeem fought scared. He fought the same as he did with Miocic and Werdum. That never works out well for him. Miocic won't fight him like that, and he has the better boxing and wrestling. There are so many unanswered questions here for N'Gannou still that I have to favour Stipe, but clearly Francis has the power and speed to KO ANYONE.
I lean 60% toward Miocic.
He charged right at him...

I'll go with Stipe because he's more technical but its a tough one to pick. I need to see this fight!

Exactly. Overeem gets wild when he's nervous. He wasn't scared of Hunt or Nelson and methodically dominated them. With the other guys he either stayed way out on the outside and basically avoided engaging, and when he did engage his shots were wild and looping, somewhat uncharacteristically.
Overeem charged in because he wanted to close that distance and avoid the big bombs. He tried to punch his way in to the clinch and then wrestle, but N'Gannou was too strong and from there Overeem was just wild and scared. IMO. It's a pattern we've seen from him lately. You can see in his body language when he's not confident. I say this as a Reem fan who's been watching him for most of his career.

The fear kicked in after he had clinched and realized he wasn't going to be able to manhandle Ngannou. Gameplan went "Poof!" and arms went wacky, winging wild, looping punches like at the beginning of the end in the Miocic fight.

Back