Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou - Who Wins?

Who Wins?

• Total voters
This fight might be the one I'm anticipating the most. Hope it gets made soon.

Cain will get the titleshot, beat the hell out of Stipe and go under surgery for a year and a half

Ngannou will have to take fights against Walt Harris, Tim Johnson and Mark Godbeer

Last edited:
I favor Ngannou. Dude is a monster. Not going to count out Stipe though. It's HW and he's crushing great fighters in the 1st round too. I think he's got the cleaner striking and better wrestling but he's giving up size and reach.

Cain will get the titleshot, beat the hell out of Stipe and go under surgery for a year and a half

Ngannou will have to take fights against Walt Harris, Tim Johnson and Mark Godveer
Oh man! That would be horrible.

I wouldn't want to call this one but I will say that Ngannou is a scary dude. Good thing Stipe is too.

Great fight, best HW title fight in ages. Legit am really interested and excited to see it. I like both guys.

While Stipe does display more crisp, tight technical punches, I'm still under the impression that Ngannou can literally decapitate him

Ngannou and it won't even be competitive.

I have to go with #AndStill

I'm really bothered by the promotional bias in favor of Ngannou and I'd really like to see that hype train get derailed. Stipe has left a cemetary of monsters in his wake to get where he is, and the UFC doesn't seem to have even attempted to promote him favorably. He's fucking good.

As far as who will win, I think it's a toss-up. I think Stipe is definitely capable of stopping anyone on the feet, but not only does Ngannou have absurd power, he also has exceptional timing. I'd say that if it stays on the feet, the odds lean a little in Ngannou's favor. If it goes to the ground with more than 90 seconds in the round, I doubt Ngannou will survive.

Miocic but Ngannou can KO him if he lands. I would give Stipe only a slight advantage.

Voting Stipe. Obviously with their size and power either can win though.

Stipe has more ways he can win. Stipe is(was) a better wrestler than Curtis Blaydes (on short notice at that), so not ruling out a takedown followed by complete exposure once down

The time we live in is a Conor McGregor era, so guys like Stipe who don't make fun of people automatically become less of an attraction. It's really mandatory for him to make fun of Ngannou's bleached hair or throw a water bottle at him. But if Stipe keeps winning with the ruthless KOs, then more people (casuals) will start paying attention. Miocic is a heavyweight after all. It's just hard for anyone to stay on top at heavyweight, very tough getting hit with HW hands and 4 oz gloves. Francis Ngannou is a tough competitor and there's a solid chance that he'll be winning the fight at UFC 220, but, I am expecting the fight to go the distance.

Back