Economy stonks v27: banks, the kings of vega

All kinda gains brothers.

Especially helpful is that My BRK.B is up more YTD (16% +) than it was all of last year.

Although I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting in on NVDA. But, they're making the tide rise so much it's still boosting a lot of other stocks.

With the Walmart three for 1 split, does the new price of $60 make sense as a buy? With my limited knowledge, this would seem like a good strategy, but looking for input from you guys.

With the Walmart three for 1 split, does the new price of $60 make sense as a buy? With my limited knowledge, this would seem like a good strategy, but looking for input from you guys.
Splits are almost entirely irrelevant most of the time. It's just psychological.

Think about it: what difference does it really make if you have 3 $60 shares or 1 $180 share?

Only way it really matters is when stock prices get so high, it becomes cumbersome for retail investors to average into it. Like if a stock is trading at $3,000 or something. But even that is mostly obsolete now, as most brokers I'm aware of let you buy fractional shares now.

nvidia not going down? my wife tells me we made a killing off of that......

Splits are almost entirely irrelevant most of the time. It's just psychological.

Think about it: what difference does it really make if you have 3 $60 shares or 1 $180 share?

Only way it really matters is when stock prices get so high, it becomes cumbersome for retail investors to average into it. Like if a stock is trading at $3,000 or something. But even that is mostly obsolete now, as most brokers I'm aware of let you buy fractional shares now.
I hear ya, just thinking more along the lines of a lower stock price being more “affordable” and attractive to buy. Yes. There is the option for fractional, but as you mentioned. The psychological part.

Thanks man.

Caught the bottom of some small and med caps that have started running here. Not sure if this is a little premature if its based on any rate cuts as I don't see that happening anytime soon. I guess the data will show.

Corn stocks have been heading parabolic as of late.

$HIMS delivering another beat. I sold this to around $7.

I'm bullish on Fintech!

That's a whole lotta money down the drain. Should have just given it to me.

Apple is abandoning its years-old effort to build an electric car, Bloomberg reported Tuesday, shifting employees to focus on the booming artificial intelligence space.

Apple had reportedly been developing its own autonomous electric car since 2014, seeking to enter the complex and already-competitive auto industry, though details of the project have remained scarce. In 2017, Apple CEO Tim Cook said he saw autonomous driving as “the mother of all (artificial intelligence) projects,” but didn’t discuss Apple’s own development. The company once reportedly considered building a vehicle without pedals or a steering wheel, but Apple scaled back its plans, shifting last month from a “Level 4” autonomous driving system that can steer itself in some cases to a Level 2+ that would allow for lane centering and adaptive cruise control. Though it would launch Apple into a new category and allow it to compete with other companies like Tesla and major automakers, there were reports the project was costing hundreds of millions of dollars annually.

The Bloomberg article adds employees "will be shifted to the artificial intelligence division under executive John Giannandrea. Those employees will focus on generative AI projects, an increasingly key priority for the company."

That's a whole lotta money down the drain. Should have just given it to me.

Apple is abandoning its years-old effort to build an electric car, Bloomberg reported Tuesday, shifting employees to focus on the booming artificial intelligence space.

Apple had reportedly been developing its own autonomous electric car since 2014, seeking to enter the complex and already-competitive auto industry, though details of the project have remained scarce. In 2017, Apple CEO Tim Cook said he saw autonomous driving as “the mother of all (artificial intelligence) projects,” but didn’t discuss Apple’s own development. The company once reportedly considered building a vehicle without pedals or a steering wheel, but Apple scaled back its plans, shifting last month from a “Level 4” autonomous driving system that can steer itself in some cases to a Level 2+ that would allow for lane centering and adaptive cruise control. Though it would launch Apple into a new category and allow it to compete with other companies like Tesla and major automakers, there were reports the project was costing hundreds of millions of dollars annually.

The Bloomberg article adds employees "will be shifted to the artificial intelligence division under executive John Giannandrea. Those employees will focus on generative AI projects, an increasingly key priority for the company."
Another case of Tesla being so far out in the pack

A tale of 2 stock earnings I own $TREE and $CEG
I posted $CEG on here in January. $Ceg missed earnings by a ton. Expected was $1.92 and came in at -.11 and up 16.88% today and up another 1% after market.
$TREE I started buying when they dropped below $20 but did not post it on here. $TREE expected was .04 and came in at .28 so was a nice beat. They immediately dumped 15% then finished down 5% during market but has made 4.5% after market. I have been waiting to get to $40 to sell or waiting for some lender to buy them out. They have cut a shit load of employees which is why their earnings look good. Still have a shot at my $40, and surely will get it if they drop the rates some time this year.
Point of this post is sometimes earnings per share does not tell the full story. So just do not look at the earning per share but read or listen to the report because like Paul Harvey said, "And now you know the rest of the story"
Took an earnings run on $BBY this morning up 3% and looking to flip for 10%. Not a hold but a quick banger.

Soundhound going off with earnings approaching, not sure if it's worth the risk but feel tempted to put a little bit down

A tale of 2 stock earnings I own $TREE and $CEG
I posted $CEG on here in January. $Ceg missed earnings by a ton. Expected was $1.92 and came in at -.11 and up 16.88% today and up another 1% after market.
$TREE I started buying when they dropped below $20 but did not post it on here. $TREE expected was .04 and came in at .28 so was a nice beat. They immediately dumped 15% then finished down 5% during market but has made 4.5% after market. I have been waiting to get to $40 to sell or waiting for some lender to buy them out. They have cut a shit load of employees which is why their earnings look good. Still have a shot at my $40, and surely will get it if they drop the rates some time this year.
Point of this post is sometimes earnings per share does not tell the full story. So just do not look at the earning per share but read or listen to the report because like Paul Harvey said, "And now you know the rest of the story"
Took an earnings run on $BBY this morning up 3% and looking to flip for 10%. Not a hold but a quick banger.
This did not age well.
$TREE is up 12% this morning.
giphy_1_89308ef8-3064-48a4-94c7-704ac743cdef_large.gif

Look into stock symbol, TBT. It's a great hedge for bond market problems.

Now is a good time to get in because the Federal Reserve is ending a lending program for failing banks on March 11.

Got 6.9% (Giggity) when I sold this morning. Did not like the earnings call even though they beat earnings. They lowered guidance, was up 8%+ had an appointment, got out and saw it dropped and sold at 83.74 and just looked and is at 81.07.
Did not get my 10% but profit is profit.

Look into stock symbol, TBT. It's a great hedge for bond market problems.

Now is a good time to get in because the Federal Reserve is ending a lending program for failing banks on March 11.
Be careful with something like that. The fine print of those sorts of funds have important details people often overlook:

If the Fund is successful in meeting its investment objective, it should gain approximately two times as much as the Index loses when the Index falls on a given day. Conversely, it should lose approximately two times as much as the Index gains when the Index rises on a given day. The Fund does not seek to achieve two times the inverse (-2x) of the daily performance of the Index (the “Daily Target”) for any period other than a day.

While the Fund has a daily investment objective, you may hold Fund shares for longer than one day if you believe doing so is consistent with your goals and risk tolerance. If you hold fund shares for any period other than a day, it is important for you to understand that over your holding period:

Your return may be higher or lower than the Daily Target, and this difference may be significant.

Factors that contribute to returns that are worse than the Daily Target include smaller Index gains or losses and higher Index volatility, as well as longer holding periods when these factors apply.

Factors that contribute to returns that are better than the Daily Target include larger Index gains or losses and lower Index volatility, as well as longer holding periods when these factors apply.

The more extreme these factors are, and the more they occur together, the more your return will tend to deviate from the Daily Target.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back