Street Fighter V: PS4 and PC ONLY (Trailer Inside)

The characther models just look like more detailed SF4 ones.

I believe you can hold it down to perform the attack or just tap it to not attack. It can't be cancelled into itself like ryu's parry, so no evo moment 37 for Gief.

SF IV set the bar pretty low. Capcom should be able to put out a better game than IV.

Beta phase two is live. I only got an hour of game time in earlier today, but I'm liking Necalli. He feels like a much more aggressive Honda. He has nice frame traps to force the opponent to stop pressing buttons and block which sets up the command throw. He s definitely not a grappler character, the throw is just another tool to use.

I like how the most common complaint will be the graphics.

SF IV set the bar pretty low. Capcom should be able to put out a better game than IV.

Low how? It was a great game for anyone that actually plays it for what it is.

Microsoft gets shit on for Tomb Raider, Sony better get called out for this also.

Fucking bandwagon haters.

I personally didn't shit on MS for TR mostly because I didn't like the first one to much. Started off great but got boring. I struggled to finish the game.

SF5 though would have pissed me off.

Oh, whatever. Not every game will appeal to every player, if desk wants to find crazy hard combos had can play something like guilty gear or rock band since he just wants difficult manual dexterity with no thought into the actual thinking behind fighting another person.

street fighter has always been more about mind games, neutral, hit confirms and solid play. Only SF4 made heavy linking in combos a big deal and it seems they only players that came into street fighter with SF4 (09'ers) are going to have a hard time adjusting to the older style of SFV.

Oh, whatever. Not every game will appeal to every player, if desk wants to find crazy hard combos had can play something like guilty gear or rock band since he just wants difficult manual dexterity with no thought into the actual thinking behind fighting another person.

street fighter has always been more about mind games, neutral, hit confirms and solid play. Only SF4 made heavy linking in combos a big deal and it seems they only players that came into street fighter with SF4 (09'ers) are going to have a hard time adjusting to the older style of SFV.

That's interesting. I hadn't played the previous SF(3) but I did play one that looked liked virtual fighter prior to playing SFIV. I was a huge SF2 fan (80's kid) and SFIV blew me away with how complex and hard it was. It was a first day buy and I actually waited in line for it. It was during college and wrestling season, so I didn't have much time. I just recently got back into it.

That being said, it seems like V will play much differently. I'm terrible at cancelling (suck at it on IV). But after watching a few good Ryu players, I'm confident I'll pick up a great new playing style that's more strategy based.

[YT]bPrUNXXyEkE[/YT]

16th of February in Europe and North America is the release date...

Will be interesting, though I doubt they'll show much.

Based on the teaser and gameplay trailer I don't expect to see more than Ryu and Chun matches during the exhibition.

Would be nice if the spoiled a bit more though. A new or returning character, mechanic, or game mode.

Based on the teaser and gameplay trailer I don't expect to see more than Ryu and Chun matches during the exhibition.

Would be nice if the spoiled a bit more though. A new or returning character, mechanic, or game mode.

Theres a rumor list out that is made by some french dude who said he knew for a fact decapre was the last character. He might have an in with Capcom on some level but take with a grain of salt:

>Time / Weather effects in stages
>Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
>Unreal Engine 4
>The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
>16 characters (with future updates, see below)
>No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
>The story mode will be way much better, they know they fucked up with sf4.
>The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...

Dude..seriously? Sf4 single handedly resurrected the fight game genre/scene/competitions..it has its faults but its they'll tier of fight games for a reason.

THAQvwZ.jpg

Theres a rumor list out that is made by some french dude who said he knew for a fact decapre was the last character. He might have an in with Capcom on some level but take with a grain of salt:

>Unreal Engine 4
>No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
>The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...

Oo ohhh nice if true..happy for the ex scrub...bummer all my joysticks are ps3/xbox360..I hope some one releases a hacked pcb for ps4 though...not a big fan of m adcatz offering but it might have to be the go to stick. Extremely hyped because I just got a ps4 cause of the black friday sales. Please oh please give us darkstalkers and a sf2 port!!!.. and not that bs stream ish lol. If I read right Sony helped fund development for sf5 thus securing exclusive rights to capcom library ..I thought I read that on shoryuken.

The 6 dlc are Alex, guile, balrog, juri, Urien and Ibuki.

Guard Crush returns!

Ahhh yeah! Hype! I really dont get the hate sf5 is getting...the game is six months in development....I really am happy for a more exclusive player pool. And n etcode is supposedly better then xboxlive (which honestly I really liked ) so I could imagine how much better this will be with the rumors of dedicated servers

I really dont see the reason for making it easier. Removing depth removes longevity. Heavy linkings wasnt a big deal, i mean it is now at its peak of importance(after 7 friggin years), but it wasnt. Which is also the reason why SF4 has been headlining everything since forever. Why not atleast please both worlds.

Watch the past FG tourney and Evo's and then come back and say SF is dead.

This^^^ ive seen two evos live and man talk about super hype..better then half the ufcs best cards

Depth will now come from the heavier focus on the neutral game and core street fighter fundamental play.

>Unreal Engine 4

My thoughts on this:

Time/Weather - Plausible.
Unreal Engine 4 - Maybe
V-Trigger - Sounds boring. Edit: I'll wait and see though. I thought Focus Attack was a watered down parry but once I learned it I appreciate it much more.
New Editions - Maybe but I doubt it.
Story mode - Irrelevant
PC Version - Plausible. PC is much more prevalent in other countries.

Last edited:
Here's that SF cash breakdown

"Fight Money Details:

The purpose of the Fight Money system is to reward players who stay engaged with Street Fighter V over time. While we are still finalizing details on pricing and Fight Money accumulation rates, which will be refined throughout our future beta tests, we are excited to share some details on how we are approaching the new system.

There will be two primary methods for players to gain Fight Money: completing daily goals, and leveling up individual characters.

Daily Goals:

Each day a player logs into the Street Fighter V client, they will be assigned a new daily goal. Daily goals should be easily achievable in in one play session, and will award Fight Money based on their difficulty.

Some example goals are as follows:

- Land X number of Hadokens

- Land X number of anti-air attacks

- Land X number crush-counter hits

Daily goals will help players improve with a variety of characters. It will also ensure that players with a limited amount of time to play per day can still earn characters for free. We want a system that rewards frequency of play, rather than requiring long marathon grinding sessions.

Leveling Individual Characters:

Another goal that we have for the Fight Money system is to ensure that players can still earn Fight Money through both single player and multiplayer modes. We accomplish this by allowing players to earn Fight Money by leveling up individual characters in a variety of modes.

To remove any confusion up front, leveling up a character in Street Fighter V will not affect game balance. It only shows how much time and effort an individual has placed into learning a character.

Each time a player levels up a character, they will receive a Fight Money bonus. Earlier levels will be easy to obtain, and will scale to become more difficult the higher the level.

Street Fighter V will reward players who experiment with a wide variety of characters, and those who play frequently. If you complete your daily goals and level up your characters on a regular basis, you’ll be on your way to earning new characters with ease!

For those who just can’t wait to earn each piece of new content, content can also be purchased instantly using our premium currency, named Zenny, which can be bought with real money.

Capcom is one of the if not the worst developers currently. They are always trying to snake $$ away from their fan base. How are you going to release a game on a next gen system with worse graphics than the previous gen?

SF4 single handedly brought fighting games back, but this looks horrible. Already off to a bad start with exclusivity.

Yeah! How dare an alpha build of a game look like it's an alpha build! All games getting teased should always show finished product.

Yeah! How dare an alpha build of a game look like it's an alpha build! All games getting teased should always show finished product.

I do hope they move away from the paintbrush stroke effects in a later build or at least allow you to disable them.

Thank you skidrow :)
Playable beta forever instead of the shitty beta dates.

This.

Just watched a few hours of an Omega demo and it looks pretty good. Lots of really cool changes, more than I was expecting for free dlc.

The 6 dlc are Alex, guile, balrog, juri, Urien and Ibuki.

It's too bad about all these leaks. I don't blame people, it's natural to dig for info ASAP. But the Dhalsim reveal would've been so hype! And those silhouettes are damn mysteries. Even with the datamined leaks, it's hard to tell who they are. No way people would know for sure without them. Ono was trying to do something special and the fans ruined it.

And Dhalsim looks fkn great. Not disappointed about his inclusion at all. His stage is one of the better ones as well. I like stages that are poor and dirty, like alleys or ghettos. Actual streets.

I do hope they move away from the paintbrush stroke effects in a later build or at least allow you to disable them.

I actually like that effect I hope they keep it in. SF is the only fighting game I bother getting these days. The rest aren't very good anymore (IMO).

Dhalsim looks amazing. I actually want to play him in this game. I haven't wanted to use dhalsim since alpha 3.

Dude..seriously? Sf4 single handedly resurrected the fight game genre/scene/competitions..it has its faults but its they'll tier of fight games for a reason.

You have to understand, people that say shit like this didnt play it for what it was, which was a competative multiplayer fighting game. They played the arcade mode and did a few trials and decided it was shit, which if you go by that it really was. In the end, none of the casuals matter because they're not going to keep USF4 or SFV alive for the next 5-10 years.

Capcom is one of the if not the worst developers currently. They are always trying to snake $$ away from their fan base. How are you going to release a game on a next gen system with worse graphics than the previous gen?

SF4 single handedly brought fighting games back, but this looks horrible. Already off to a bad start with exclusivity.

I will totally agree on Capcom being a shit company, this is not in question. Their customer service is absolute horseshit.

However, I dont understand people complaining about SFV at such an early stage. The dumbest fucking thing I've heard so far is people saying "SFV looks like an upgraded USF4", well no shit, isnt that what we want or do you guys want a downgraded one?

Also, the exclusivity is the best thing that could have happened to this game. Not only was SF4 marred with huge playerbase imbalances but there was obvious problems with ports and support for them.
Having the game on PS4 and PC hits on all bases because if you got an Xboner then you can just play it on PC (and no, this game will almost garantueed not be very power hungry on your PC). Considering they did PS4 and PC cross platform you've now got one giant playerbase and everyone can play with everyone.
It was a much needed thing and it's the thing I was hoping for the most.

Because of the datamined leaks, these are already figured out. From left to right:

Balrog, Guile, Urien, Ibuki, Juri, Alex.

The stage backgrounds give it away because none of them are new. 2 and 3 are clearly Forgotten Waterfall, which has connections to Nash. 4 is Kanzuki Estate, which could only be Ibuki. 1 and 6 are NYC, so Balrog and Alex. 5 is China, and by process of elimination it can only be Juri.

Without the leaks though, it would be extremely difficult to guess these.

Exactly^^ sf 4 at surface level isn't much for a casual gamer..no pretty stories/build ups and puzzles..but its a comprehensive chess match. A scrub will get tossed and quit the game the second he realizes he actually has to learn and practice..no mashing

Depth will now come from the heavier focus on the neutral game and core street fighter fundamental play.

Good never been into fighting games that rely heavily on combo systems.

Back