• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Street Fighter V: PS4 and PC ONLY (Trailer Inside)

I think cross-platform support was a big influence on Capcom's decision with SFV.

The PC portion is a no brainer as the arcade board will probably be an Intel platform using an Nvidia GPU, like SF4. Easy arcade perfect port.

Why sony over microsoft? I can only speculate. Maybe it was money. Microsoft may have told them to go screw when cross play came up. Who knows?

According to that one guy at Microsoft it was probably because they dont care, they wanted to focus on Killer Instinct which is alright but kind of stupid. I truly wish KI was on PC, I'd play that shit ez pz.

Buying a console is just kind of meh for me right now. I think they're both paperweights with no real games on the horizon to change it (in my opinion). The only one I'm even hyped for is MGS5PP but that shit is going to PC so I dont care.

EDIT: Not related to SFV but: http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/mic...ty-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/ Hopefully they get on that shit.

Last edited:
According to that one guy at Microsoft it was probably because they dont care, they wanted to focus on Killer Instinct which is alright but kind of stupid. I truly wish KI was on PC, I'd play that shit ez pz.

Buying a console is just kind of meh for me right now. I think they're both paperweights with no real games on the horizon to change it (in my opinion). The only one I'm even hyped for is MGS5PP but that shit is going to PC so I dont care.

EDIT: Not related to SFV but: http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/mic...ty-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/ Hopefully they get on that shit.

Never enjoyed the KI series. Being able to do a combo from the beginning of the fight and all your opponent can do is wait to die was always stupid to me. Apparently in these new games they introduced ways to stop that so that does make it better but overall just never really thought much of these games.

I would have been much more interested in a fighting game like Bloody Roar.

Never enjoyed the KI series. Being able to do a combo from the beginning of the fight and all your opponent can do is wait to die was always stupid to me. Apparently in these new games they introduced ways to stop that so that does make it better but overall just never really thought much of these games.

They had combo breakers back then too.

God damn that was close at the end of that last game....sad snake eyez lost

They had combo breakers back then too.

Oh wow really? I didn't play the games much but I always watched people play and would see them do stuff like that. Guess the people just sucked.

Either way games were never that great to me. Good games don't get me wrong but I've played tons of fighters that I thought were much better and I feel would have been better for MS to bring back. Bloody roar being one of them, another one was Virtual On for sega saturn really amazing fighter.

What's really surprising is Sony was able to get SF but why wasn't MS? I'm sure they had talks with Capcom why not ask about SF? Maybe it was to late and they had already gone the KI route? I don't know weird move by MS.

Giefs are the most intimidating ever to fight! Love it

As Jocke said...it's being suggested that Microsoft didn't care because they felt it would take away from KI...they have since apologized to xbox users not happy they won't have SF...Spencer said he will be working on making amends for SF...why would he say that to his fans if they didn't have a shot at SF?

I think cross-platform support was a big influence on Capcom's decision with SFV.

The PC portion is a no brainer as the arcade board will probably be an Intel platform using an Nvidia GPU, like SF4. Easy arcade perfect port.

Why sony over microsoft? I can only speculate. Maybe it was money. Microsoft may have told them to go screw when cross play came up. Who knows?

^^iirc...capcom had said because of poor financial state that capcom needed a funder for developing sf5. .basically they had no extra money to make it..sony stepped up and supported capcom and in turn got exclusive rights to sf. I was really starting to regret buying a ps4 up until these latest announcement. .but am pretty damn hype. Fingers crossed for darkstalkers and even a mvc 2 port....but imagine a mega man on ps4! Oh man capcom is sleeping at the wheel with that.

giphy.gif

Im gonna just go ahead and say that I dont entirely agree with Mike Ross commentary in that match. Just getting mauled by fierces is stupid and sweeping fierce is a great way to get in. But you do it once, then the dhalsim adapts and uses other buttons.

From playing like a gazillion Blanka vs Dhalsim matches, the second you enter a pattern you get rekt by sims. Scrap everything, play unorthodox. Its one of the biggest mindgames matchups ive played in SF4

Fucking Bloody Roar, now thats a blast from the past.

Street Fighter and Dead or Alive are my go-to fighting games. I have given a lot of other fighters a try but these ones are my favorites. I am looking forward to SF5 and super thankful it will be PC-released so I don't have to buy a console.

I am not a fan of dead or alive so I know I won't enjoy killer instincts. Both use the same Rock Paper Scissors combo breaker which annoys me. I'm fine with a limited combo breaker system like in guilty gear or mk9. But I don't like it active everytime a combo happens. If you don't want to get in a combo, don't get fucking hit, that's my reward for punishing your mistakes. I don't want to have to play better than you to land the combo opener and then have to keep playing better and making better guesses during the rest of what should be my pay off.

Oh wow really? I didn't play the games much but I always watched people play and would see them do stuff like that. Guess the people just sucked.

Either way games were never that great to me. Good games don't get me wrong but I've played tons of fighters that I thought were much better and I feel would have been better for MS to bring back. Bloody roar being one of them, another one was Virtual On for sega saturn really amazing fighter.

What's really surprising is Sony was able to get SF but why wasn't MS? I'm sure they had talks with Capcom why not ask about SF? Maybe it was to late and they had already gone the KI route? I don't know weird move by MS.

Probably. Doing a long combo wasn't worth it. KI2 was really easy to break a lot of combos since Kick breaks Punch and Punch breaks Kick. :rolleyes:

Bloody Roar was fun, didn't care for the second one, never played the others.

I'll hold my judgment until closer to release and actual game play. This just looks like a graphically improved SF4 to me. I need mechanics info first.

Still waiting for a Primal Rage update or a new War of The Monsters.

Excited for a new street fighter, definitely ready to call up some friends and beat down some fools.

Man, the 360 pad was pure garbage. There's a few pads worth pursuing. The SEGA saturn pad makes a great fightpad. There is also the SFxT pads which is used by Snake Eyez (best/tied Zangief in the world, amazing footsies). Smug (Best dudley) uses a modified 360 pad I believe, no way anyone could ever use the stock 360 and not rage.

The worst thing about pads is they wear and tear real fast, sticks doesnt. I'm so used to stick now I'd have such a hard time going back to pad, though the convenience of carrying a tiny pad around instead of a huge stick is very alluring.

Yeah that SFxT pad would be perfect. I thought they were really expensive but I see them for like $35 which isn't TOO bad. I love the PS4 controller but it will be awful for SF. Hopefully they'll have pads out by then.

First round of play was really good. J Wong got destroyed. Capcom Cup 2014: return of the Beast.

J wong joins the 0-2 club.

Back