Street Fighter V: PS4 and PC ONLY (Trailer Inside)

Wish they would of used a new artstyle, looks like a more advanced version of SF4.

Still it can be cool, hoping they make an almost entirely new roster this time. Don't puss out, like you did with SF4.

I dont think they "pussed out" with 4. The whole point of 4 was to go back to the roots after games like 3rd strike.

Was the same way. Was hardcore into Fighting games as a youth, past few years I just can't get into them. Lot of it is due to lack of friends who play fighting games now. But, recently I've met some new friends who all are into the fighting game scene. So slowly I've been getting back into it.

The whole online gaming for me just isn't for me, I've got to have someone there face to face. That triggers the competitive nature in me.

Also I was really hoping the big surprise was going to be Capcom Vs. SNK 3! :(

What happen to KOF anyway?

KOF 13 came out a couple years ago. A 3D KOF is in the works.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05/new-3d-king-fighters-game-development/

tumblr_nv2cy6Rten1qcf0t9o1_400.gif

Running from October 22 – 25 (exact times TBA), the second Street Fighter V beta will include PlayStation 4 and PC cross-play on October 24 and 25, new fighters, ranked matchmaking, and player search.

Available to PC owners for the first time, the upcoming Street Fighter V beta is a test, and Capcom stresses that “users may experience issues. It’s these issues, however, that provide Capcom with valuable information to ensure that Street Fighter V is as optimized as possible upon final release, so we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.”

Here’s everything you need to know about the second Street Fighter V beta, including changes to the roster:
Characters

• Since the last beta, we’ve announced quite a few new characters and I’m pleased to confirm that they will be selectable during the beta. When the beta launches, Ken, Necalli, Vega and R. Mika will be selectable. As we’re still reviewing our content delivery system, Rashid will be added in on day two (October 23) and Karin added on day three (October 24). The characters from the previous beta: Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Birdie, Nash and M. Bison will not be selectable this time around.
Ranked Matchmaking

• Do you desire to only play the strongest around? Well, ranked matchmaking will definitely be the way to go. Players will be automatically paired with someone of equal skill, with pairings becoming more difficult the better one performs. GET HYPE!
Combined Leaderboards

• We will be keeping track of the beta’s cream of the crop through our leaderboards. This is the perfect time to show everyone (PC and PS4 users) that you’re the best around as your name shines brightly above the others.
Player Search

• Interested in seeing what strategies the top players on the leaderboard are employing? Well, with the implementation of player search functionality, you can see what they’re doing and also check out their fighter profile.
Fight Money Unlockables

• During the last beta, many players accumulated a lot of Fight Money, which they weren’t able to use. This changes as we’re testing out the ability to unlock items through fight money. Players can look forward to unlocking titles and maybe even the Kanzuki Estate stage.
Capcom notes that everything acquired in this beta is only available for this beta “and will not carry over onto the next beta nor onto final release.” Additionally, the Fight Money pricing of items and unlock rate are both placeholders.

To gain access to the second beta, PC owners in all regions simply need to pre-order Street Fighter V on Steam, while PS4 owners in the United States and Canada need to pre-order the game from GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, or the PlayStation Store. On PlayStation, a beta key will be emailed if you went with a physical copy, while digital pre-orders just require you to download the beta client.

As for those of you in Europe, sign up here for potential beta access. If you participated in the first beta though, “you will automatically have access to the second and there is no need to re-register.”

They've squandered some of their best franchises.

-Mega Man is dead

-Breath of Fire is apparently now a mobile game

-people were upset about SF4's characters, having Decapre instead of many fan favourites (also teasing fans about it)

-Resident Evil 4 was a big success and they managed to ruin that

-

Watch the past FG tourney and Evo's and then come back and say SF is dead.

MK is both my preference and more my speed. I tried to get good at SF 4 but just don't enjoy it enough to put the hours practicing necessary to be good.

Where is the variety? The space control? The zoning?

I know you're looking for the guile off this game and I hope he shows up.

Since I haven't played this yet I am just basing of previous games. But chun and ryu are the epitome of space control, especially chun

Yeah with my limited time with the beta, chun's neutral was really good, or at least compared to the other 5 fighters. I assume Vega will be the same with his walk speed and long pokes.

It's true that the game isn't just all grapplers, I went a little overboard with that statement. But there are just too many characters that want to get and stay close or at least just outside sweep range. My hope is that guys like Guile, Sagat, or Dhalsim will be in the core launch but won't get super hyped reveals since the casual player isn't too fond with that style of play.

Street Fighter 4 was the first game I ever owned for 360/7th gen.

Havnt played it in ages(I enjoy Super Street Fighter 2 on SNES more) but it was really enjoyable for a long time.

I guess it's just another reason to buy a PS4.

Yeah with my limited time with the beta, chun's neutral was really good, or at least compared to the other 5 fighters. I assume Vega will be the same with his walk speed and long pokes.

It's true that the game isn't just all grapplers, I went a little overboard with that statement. But there are just too many characters that want to get and stay close or at least just outside sweep range. My hope is that guys like Guile, Sagat, or Dhalsim will be in the core launch but won't get super hyped reveals since the casual player isn't too fond with that style of play.

Casual players will be casual, if they pop their ADHD medicine before facing of with a dhalsim maybe they will find out just how fun and complex fighting against good dhalsims/guiles can be

I hope it has a lot of fighters and character endings to unlock (not buy, unlock). If it does that instead of making me redo Arcade mode just to watch a shitty little cartoon I've already seen, I'll be happy. Like Smash Bros. or Mortal Kombat, you know?

I didn't think you were a SF4 hater. I remember vaguely that when I got it I posted that I hated it and you didn't seem like someone that agreed.

Eh, I don't hate it but I don't love it either. The freshness fell off around super and I skipped AE and 2012. I picked it up again for ultra but didn't last long.

It's not the game for me. It's not a bad fighter by any means but I don't enjoy it personally.

With all these fighters getting announced, i pray we get VF6.

I'd eat Zoe Quins ass for it.

Seriously.

Not super into the new characters so far, I like em fine but none jump out at me as a favourite. All of their playstyles look fun though.

I'm wondering if this Zen character will actually be from India. Zen = Buddhism so I'm expecting some kind of monk.

That's the impression I get at least. She has a floating projectile, and I believe that makes 3 (Bison, Rashid and Laura) I believe in SFIV Guile had one and Skinny Bones Jones. There might be more, but I don't remember. I've never tried to use that, but it looks really useful.

Not super into the new characters so far, I like em fine but none jump out at me as a favourite. All of their playstyles look fun though.

I'm wondering if this Zen character will actually be from India. Zen = Buddhism so I'm expecting some kind of monk.

I feel the same way but I fight with Shoto's. I've never used a grappler in my life so the new and improved Russian might get some looks for me.

I really need that Evil Ryu though. I love his complex combo stings and how long you can extend them.

I'll be on USFIV around 4:30pst if anyone ones to get some games in.

PSN: Nicromaniac

With all these fighters getting announced, i pray we get VF6.

I wish VF5FS was not completely dead everywhere but in Japan. It's such a good game but its impossible to get any games in if you arent in Japan. VF6 would be cool but it would be the same fate.

Breaks my fucking heart every time a garbage anime fighter like under night afterbirth or whatever sees more support from the community world wide than an actual good game like VF5:FS.

4 was ok... just ok.. i dont see them comming anywhere close to doing what they did with 3rd strike. it just cant be topped.
this is capcom were talking about here.

Well its been confirmed for crossplatform play so thats great, thats all I really care about. Fucking hate how splintered the userbases is.

Meh I'll wait till they come out with the Hyper Extreme Turbo Champion Edition. But for reals though it looks like Street Fighter IV, wtf?

Only ryu has a parry. Every character has a unique trait/gimmick thing.

The Gief have some kind of parry too, is like a mix of SF3 parry and SF4 focus attack (only the armor of it)

I'll probably just stick to tekken 7, MKX, and Guilty Gear.

The Gief have some kind of parry too, is like a mix of SF3 parry and SF4 focus attack (only the armor of it)

Isn't it closer to a focus attack and having one hit of armor while taking grey damage?

Guard Crush returns!

So... Is it an attack? Or is it armor and then you can perform any move? The latter and its more like a 3rd strike parry, which makes more sense for gief.. Armor, SPD etc.

Back