STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Ok, I remember Nephew's Kolin. Great win for him.

Someone posted this. I thought SonicFox gave up on the game.

I’m surprised that Sonic gave up on SF so quickly. Maybe he hates the game or maybe he’s just better everywhere else. Still, you would think he would want to gun for the most prestigious fighting game to really cement his legacy as the all-time great.

I’m surprised that Sonic gave up on SF so quickly. Maybe he hates the game or maybe he’s just better everywhere else. Still, you would think he would want to gun for the most prestigious fighting game to really cement his legacy as the all-time great.

I don't think he likes it. FANG sucked at the time too.

Isn't he the wealthiest Fighting Game player ATM? I doubt he cares that much about it, lol.

I forgot about this guy. He made some pretty funny rage videos using a cartoon version of LTG. He uploaded this one last week. The faces he makes are hilarious.

I don't think he likes it. FANG sucked at the time too.

Isn't he the wealthiest Fighting Game player ATM? I doubt he cares that much about it, lol.

Yea, but winning a Capcom Cup is pretty dope. That and EVO are pinnacle accolades of the FGC.

Yea, but winning a Capcom Cup is pretty dope. That and EVO are pinnacle accolades of the FGC.

Well, he is a 3 time EVO champ. Just not in SF, lol.

In one of them, he came back and 6-0'd the guy who put him in losers just like he did Chris G, haha.

When I watch a video of DBZ it looks awful.

I've never liked that style of fighting game, reminds me of marvel vs capcom, it's like mashing is just part of the game.

Also there seems to be not a single moment when two characters are patiently working on spacing to set up their attacks or counters... it's just attack attack attack, air juggle, screwy pop in animation and about 4 total sound effects.

Not my cup of tea.

That’s nasty

I get your point about SFV being the premier fighting game, but he's popular enough to the point where he doesn't need to play it. DBFZ might be catching up to it.

Should Infiltration be on that list? I don't remember him playing anything but Street Fighter.

When I watch a video of DBZ it looks awful.

I've never liked that style of fighting game, reminds me of marvel vs capcom, it's like mashing is just part of the game.

Also there seems to be not a single moment when two characters are patiently working on spacing to set up their attacks or counters... it's just attack attack attack, air juggle, screwy pop in animation and about 4 total sound effects.

Not my cup of tea.

I haven’t played it myself, but I did enjoy MvC:I for the little time I played it. It seems a lot less hectic than UMVC3 and DBZF. I’ve come to realize I enjoy more neutral play. I like footsies and outsmarting my opponent on the floor much more than a tag component and massive combos. I’ll probably pick up DBZF and give it a shot if it goes on sale.

I get your point about SFV being the premier fighting game, but he's popular enough to the point where he doesn't need to play it. DBFZ might be catching up to it.

Should Infiltration be on that list? I don't remember him playing anything but Street Fighter.

I believe Valle counted SFxTekken into that mix. I won’t count out Arksys from delivering fresh installments of DBZF, but dethroning SF will be a tough battle. I want to believe Capcom will learn from their mistakes made in SFV. I think SF is easier to watch and it’s 1v1 vs 3v3. I’ll be the first to admit that SFV isn’t as hype as SFIV so far, but given time it might be. Who knows what changes Capcom has in store for the game. We can at least expect another rebrand in another two seasons or so. It’s a great way for them to cash in. I’m also not delusional to think SFV will ever be as hype as SFIV, but I think future installments will be and even more so.

I've never really learned the FGC approved terms for styles of play, but yes, I think what's absent in DBZ is the "neutral" play, I love the constant spacing and poke battle in SFV, especially when a match gets tense and both players know it's on the line.

The set ups, the counters, all of it... it's an artful dance. Much like real fighting.

I loved SF III because the parry opened up the game, you could jump in with less fear and if you could read your opponent they were fucked.

SFIV lost me because I felt it was too rigid, I didn't like the focus system and it was extremely execution heavy.

I still wished they had universal parries or overheads like in SFIII but I like what they've done with SFV, not sure why it still gets shit on by the community.

I've never really learned the FGC approved terms for styles of play, but yes, I think what's absent in DBZ is the "neutral" play, I love the constant spacing and poke battle in SFV, especially when a match gets tense and both players know it's on the line.

The set ups, the counters, all of it... it's an artful dance. Much like real fighting.

I loved SF III because the parry opened up the game, you could jump in with less fear and if you could read your opponent they were fucked.

SFIV lost me because I felt it was too rigid, I didn't like the focus system and it was extremely execution heavy.

I still wished they had universal parries or overheads like in SFIII but I like what they've done with SFV, not sure why it still gets shit on by the community.

I think SFV gets picked on because there’s a lot of variation between different characters (as opposed to a universal mechanic) V-Systems. Some V-Systems are so strong for an already strong character (i.e. Rashid, Guile, Akuma, Urien) and weak for already weak characters (FANG, Sakura, Vega, Juri) and some in between (Ryu, Ken, Nash, Alex). While I don’t think it’s that bad of a thing, you kind of take the fun out of it when you work so hard to get blown up by 1 VT combo into death. I also think upon launch, there were a lot of 50/50 style mix-ups (R. Mika being the queen). I think SFV:AE has made some great strides, with a couple of questionable balance changes (ABIGAIL!!!). It sucks we don’t get any more developer notes after balance changes to see why they changed what they did. But reading S2’s who knows how accurate it would have been. Ryu’s was wayyyyy off. You also have to question Capcom’s motives at times. Did Abigail really need those buffs, or do they want to see more of him in Grand Finals? You never know how and why Capcom levels the playing field the way they do.

I believe Valle counted SFxTekken into that mix. I won’t count out Arksys from delivering fresh installments of DBZF, but dethroning SF will be a tough battle. I want to believe Capcom will learn from their mistakes made in SFV. I think SF is easier to watch and it’s 1v1 vs 3v3. I’ll be the first to admit that SFV isn’t as hype as SFIV so far, but given time it might be. Who knows what changes Capcom has in store for the game. We can at least expect another rebrand in another two seasons or so. It’s a great way for them to cash in. I’m also not delusional to think SFV will ever be as hype as SFIV, but I think future installments will be and even more so.

.....I guess. Even then it's only two and it's similar to other Capcom games. The other five have had won tournaments and place in top 8 in multiple fighting games that are vastly different.

Keep in mind that SFIV did come after like a 9 year hiatus so a new Street Fighter was going to get hype. People shat on that game as well just like 3rd Strike, lol.

.....I guess. Even then it's only two and it's similar to other Capcom games. The other five have had won tournaments and place in top 8 in multiple fighting games that are vastly different.

Keep in mind that SFIV did come after like a 9 year hiatus so a new Street Fighter was going to get hype. People shat on that game as well just like 3rd Strike, lol.

I agree. It's really a subjective thing to post. It's like posting 'Who's the greatest' in any sport. I'm sure he new he was going to get guff for it. Even him a Perfect Legend hashed it out, but I get a sense Perfect Legend was a bit butt hurt about it.

I get that, but even if SF did come 9 years later, it was still hype. Cant take that away.

I agree. It's really a subjective thing to post. It's like posting 'Who's the greatest' in any sport. I'm sure he new he was going to get guff for it. Even him a Perfect Legend hashed it out, but I get a sense Perfect Legend was a bit butt hurt about it.

I get that, but even if SF did come 9 years later, it was still hype. Cant take that away.

Lol, speaking of Perfect Legend...

Yeah, the SF series was pretty much dead besides some ports here and there.

Lol, speaking of Perfect Legend...

Yeah, the SF series was pretty much dead besides some ports here and there.

Lol you can just tell Perfect Legend is salty. Wasn’t he famous for early MK games? I don’t follow him so I don’t know.

Lol you can just tell Perfect Legend is salty. Wasn’t he famous for early MK games? I don’t follow him so I don’t know.

Yeah, I think he won Evo a couple of times in MK9 and maybe something else too. Unfortunately for him, he's mostly known for losing 13-0 in a FT10 to SonicFox in MKX.

I think SFV gets picked on because there’s a lot of variation between different characters (as opposed to a universal mechanic) V-Systems. Some V-Systems are so strong for an already strong character (i.e. Rashid, Guile, Akuma, Urien) and weak for already weak characters (FANG, Sakura, Vega, Juri) and some in between (Ryu, Ken, Nash, Alex). While I don’t think it’s that bad of a thing, you kind of take the fun out of it when you work so hard to get blown up by 1 VT combo into death. I also think upon launch, there were a lot of 50/50 style mix-ups (R. Mika being the queen). I think SFV:AE has made some great strides, with a couple of questionable balance changes (ABIGAIL!!!). It sucks we don’t get any more developer notes after balance changes to see why they changed what they did. But reading S2’s who knows how accurate it would have been. Ryu’s was wayyyyy off. You also have to question Capcom’s motives at times. Did Abigail really need those buffs, or do they want to see more of him in Grand Finals? You never know how and why Capcom levels the playing field the way they do.

Some good points here, the V skill + V trigger really complicates character performance and match ups.

Probably another reason I go back to SF III being the pinnacle of SF.

Yeah, I think he won Evo a couple of times in MK9 and maybe something else too. Unfortunately for him, he's mostly known for losing 13-0 in a FT10 to SonicFox in MKX.

Sonic seems like such a savage in long sets. Daigo and Tokdio are doing a FT10 on March 10th I believe. Should be awesome. Tokdio is the better SFV player, but Daigo might be better at longer sets. I also hope they bring back that FT10 series they did last year. I don’t remember the name, but I loved watching people get mopped up 0-10 and seeing that salt levels.

Back