Street Harassment in NYC

So based off of 'some study' you've concluded all of that?
Sounds like a really bad idea.

Studies. Like, science. Research. Done by professionals. Where they look at hundreds of people. Multiple times.

These aren't my conclusions, these are the biological findings of biologists. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that a team of Ph.Ds probably know more about a subject than a person on the internet who is using the twelve women in his office as a sample.

Studies. Like, science. Research. Done by professionals. Where they look at hundreds of people. Multiple times.

These aren't my conclusions, these are the biological findings of biologists. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that a team of Ph.Ds probably know more about a subject than a person on the internet who is using the twelve women in his office as a sample.

as opposed to the unbiological findings of biologists?

i usually find simpletons and people with no STEM background parrot "studies" as if it's some omnipotent source with eternal weight. from your posts and position, you don't only seem biased and dishonest - you also seem clueless as to how to properly analyze 'studies'.

big ups on the "science", though. keep fighting the good fight.

We can only say this based off of our own experience.
My experience completely contradicts this.
In my place of work I've seen numerous women breaking down in crying fits for random reasons.

In my 12 years at this bank I can't think of 1 time I ever saw a guy just sobbing at his desk.

I've also seen women who have cried and had breakdowns on the phone, only to watch them filing their nails or doing some other mundane task while going through the motions.

While some can be emotional and have break downs, some just use it as a tool in their kit for manipulation.

as opposed to the unbiological findings of biologists?

i usually find simpletons and people with no STEM background parrot "studies" as if it's some omnipotent source with eternal weight. from your posts and position, you don't only seem biased and dishonest - you also seem clueless as to how to properly analyze 'studies'.

big ups on the "science", though. keep fighting the good fight.

I doubt you could even articulate my position, so it's impressive that you've extrapolated so much about me from it.

You're read the literature on transexual subjects and their behaviors and reported sensations after hormone therapy? You seem to have a background in the STEM fields, so let's discuss. What about these studies doesn't seem credible to you?

Thanks for backpeddaling from the claim that they aren't more emotional than men though.

i said women are not emotionally "weaker" than men, they simply handle them differently. it's not weakness. emotional weakness is being so twisted up with emotion and having no idea how to deal with them so you punch a wall.

your posts are just thin-air statements and generalities mixed with random insults.

so just like your posts? sweet.

Nice tits.

Good luck changing the world and the minds of everyone in it, lady.

Not donating.

I completely understand with this situation, but does it constitute harassment if i come up to a girl in a bar and tell her she is beautiful? Making cat calls and i trying to personalize the situation i guess makes the difference.

Actually, I think what really makes the difference is how attractive you are

Firstly: this broad is a an L.A. 2

Secondly: if that's harassment I'm a serial rapist

I have two comments to make on this silly video:

1. More evidence of feminist solipsism. Its ridiculous how self-focused feminists really are. I have yet to meet a feminist who doesn't believe that the world revolves around her. Individual feminists seem to believe that their individual experience is exactly how the world works.

2. I've personally been and seen males physically threatened (even physically assaulted) many times walking around downtown Vancouver. Just a couple of days ago, a drunk guy walking past me punched a mailbox then looked at me and said, "This could be you! Think about it."
I find women generally get hit on, but men are generally threatened with being hit.

My main point is this: People saying dumb shit to one other on the street is not exclusive to women. Both men and women have to deal with verbal bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Men never get jumped or mugged? You guys who live in big cities, do you not keep an eye out for shady situations? The whole, women have to worry about being safe but men dont is pretty untrue imo. Yes, men may be better equipped to defend themselves, and most likely dont have to worry about being raped, but they still have to keep an eye out for other shady people.

I've known a few males personally who have been physically attacked and robbed while waiting for the subway or walking downtown. I have yet to meet a woman who has complained about anything worse than the claim that some creepy guy hit on her.

The feminists want people to believe it's only women who are assaulted verbally, physically, and sexually when in reality both males and females face potential threats.

I don't think you do, really.

There are some studies out there on estrogen and how it affects the mind. I've said it before on Sherdog, but, basically, men don't have a full emotional range. Saying men are emotionally stable is like saying deaf/blind people aren't easily distracted.

Estrogen allows for a much fuller emotional experience. This isn't even counting the male social conditioning that blunts us.

I'm quite skeptical of that study. I've seen women who are more emotional than men and men who are more emotional than women. I believe emotional range is subjective and is influenced more by individual experience than anything to do with hormones and gender.

I'm not denying that hormones and gender do influence emotions, but when you take into account all of the social and environmental factors that influence and condition an individual person I find it difficult to believe that one group is more emotional than the other simply because they have a vagina. There are some cold bitches out there.

I have two comments to make on this silly video:

1. More evidence of feminist solipsism. Its ridiculous how self-focused feminists really are. I have yet to meet a feminist who doesn't believe that the world revolves around her. Individual feminists seem to believe that their individual experience is exactly how the world works.

2. I've personally been and seen males physically threatened (even physically assaulted) many times walking around downtown Vancouver. Just a couple of days ago, a drunk guy walking past me punched a mailbox then looked at me and said, "This could be you! Think about it."
I find women generally get hit on, but men are generally threatened with being hit.

My main point is this: People saying dumb shit to one other on the street is not exclusive to women. Both men and women have to deal with verbal bullshit.

lol

I'm quite skeptical of that study. I've seen women who are more emotional than men and men who are more emotional than women. I believe emotional range is subjective and is influenced more by individual experience than anything to do with hormones and gender.

I'm not denying that hormones and gender do influence emotions, but when you take into account all of the social and environmental factors that influence and condition an individual person I find it difficult to believe that one group is more emotional than the other simply because they have a vagina. There are some cold bitches out there.

I didn't say women are "more" emotional. They just have a fuller range of emotion. I liken it to the difference between a crayon box of 8 colors and a crayon box of 24 colors. The 8 color box has all the essential colors, but there varying, more nuanced shades that you can only get from the 24 color box.

I don't really know what it would mean for something to be "more" emotional. Do you mean experiencing emotion more times a day? Or experiencing emotions more acutely and having visible emotional episodes?

Anger is an emotion as well.

I didn't say women are "more" emotional. They just have a fuller range of emotion. I liken it to the difference between a crayon box of 8 colors and a crayon box of 24 colors. The 8 color box has all the essential colors, but there varying, more nuanced shades that you can only get from the 24 color box.

I don't really know what it would mean for something to be "more" emotional. Do you mean experiencing emotion more times a day? Or experiencing emotions more acutely and having visible emotional episodes?

Anger is an emotion as well.

By more emotional I mean fuller range. I will put it this way. I think the range of emotion is subjective.

One time I saw a man sitting in a Tim Horton's restaurant . He was wearing a blonde wig, a pink dress and make-up. He was sobbing loudly while mascara streamed down his face and eating donuts. How many crayons are in his box?

Poll added

EDIT: Just realized I wrote "all of it" on the poll twice. If a mod could edit the second one to "none of it" that would be great. - Lumberg

Don't Victim Shame me.

Images-article-2012-09-16-channel-ten-glee-crying.gif

:icon_lol:

I'm going to vote most of it, since some of it wasn't an option.

how much improvement do you think can be made? she was only able to make a 2 minute video from 10 hours of footage of what looks to be mainly walking through a shitty neighborhood. so how much more improvement can realistically be made?

also of the guys in the video do you think a national campaign would stop them from making those comments?

Just raising awareness by talking about it is often enough to change people's behavior.

Example: I'm not that old (33) but when I was in high school, no one would even think of being openly gay. The few very effeminate guys around were openly mocked. Of course, "f-g" and "gay" were standard insults for everyone.

Now, in schools in the same exact area, gay couples are- almost- completely normal and I've heard a very sharp decline in the how common gay slurs have become. And all of this is the result of huge awareness-raising, education, etc.

Naturally, these were and are mocked and ridiculed by many. But damnit if they didn't work. Something similar could easily happen here. There's an avalanche of people ridiculing this, but I'll bet that if these campaigns continue, a lot of people will think twice about catcalling and being sleazy out on the streets, just because these discussions are in the back of their minds.

Of course no one will admit that they're influenced by this (These fucking c-nts aren't gonna tell me what to think and say!) but more than likely they will be.

Back