Media Strickland doesn't think Navy Seals can last a week training with him; Navy Seal reacts

is anyone here arguing that Strickland would not be able to beat a random SOF guy or Navy SEAL in a hand to hand unarmed fight? I don't think anybody is arguing that. What people are argueing is that a Navy SEAL has a skillset that matters so, so much more in real life, where there are no rules, no referees, and men fight armed and have been fighting armed for tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years
That @Shaddows is arguing that a Navy seal would destroy Strickland. He wouldn't know what to do in a real fight, and since SEALs dont use rules they would kill him every time because he lacks the ability to fight outside of sanctioned MMA rules while they train to kill.

Are you living with a disability?
Honest question, how hard do these Red Wings make you? I feel like these are the wings I grew up watching.

With that said, even the WMMA fighters in the UFC are going to take my knife and they're going to filet me like a fish. I might stick them a couple times but the first time they teep kick me in the liver it's all over.

Honest question, how hard do these Red Wings make you? I feel like these are the wings I grew up watching.

With that said, even the WMMA fighters in the UFC are going to take my knife and they're going to filet me like a fish. I might stick them a couple times but the first time they teep kick me in the liver it's all over.

I got the game open in another tab. This year is the most Red Wings hockey I've watched in... a long time..

I haven't been not-miserable watching the Wings in a long time. It feels so good to watch them right now.

I'm trying not to get excited about a possible playoff spot, or win.

Kane, has blown away all my expectations, in fact I'm afraid of losing him next year.

And at the last draft, I've never seen Yzerman in such a good mood. He seemed really happy with his picks, Danielson and Sandin have both been pretty good at the world juniors and their stocks keep going up.

I see youtube channels saying the Wings have the best prospect pool in the league...

I could rant on and on... It's really hard not to get excited about these guys. Checking the standings and seeing us between the Leafs and Tampa feels unreal.

DeBrintcat has unlocked Larkin and he's playing like a superstar.

as for the topic... I think you'd be surprised. I think you'd land a good jab on a lot of them.

I got the game open in another tab. This year is the most Red Wings hockey I've watched in... a long time..

I haven't been not-miserable watching the Wings in a long time. It feels so good to watch them right now.

I'm trying not to get excited about a possible playoff spot, or win.

Kane, has blown away all my expectations, in fact I'm afraid of losing him next year.

And at the last draft, I've never seen Yzerman in such a good mood. He seemed really happy with his picks, Danielson and Sandin have both been pretty good at the world juniors and their stocks keep going up.

I see youtube channels saying the Wings have the best prospect pool in the league...

I could rant on and on... It's really hard not to get excited about these guys. Checking the standings and seeing us between the Leafs and Tampa feels unreal.

DeBrintcat has unlocked Larkin and he's playing like a superstar.

as for the topic... I think you'd be surprised. I think you'd land a good jab on a lot of them.
Not to derail this thread, but I work 90min east of Chicago in Indiana, live in Michigan. Guy in the office next to me is a huge hockey guy, Hawks fan. Forgot he's a hawks fan, asked him how much he loved Kaners OT winner. The look he gave me lmao. I was very skeptical about Kane after his hip. Couldn't be happier. Cheers mate, enjoy the game!

In training? there is an ex-Navy Seal on youtube named Chadd Wright - the channel is called "3 of 7 project" - who runs ultra marathons and shit. yeah, i know grappling is a different thing and all but you also seem to underestimate the mindset of these guys. you can't unterstand it unless you have met a least one of them but preferrably many of them. they just have a "different mindset" and there is not a chance that Strickland's training is going to be anything a Navy SEAL couldn't handle physically or mentally

of course I am not saying the Navy SEAL will be as skilled as Strickland at mma training; but neither would Strickland be as skilled at Navy SEAL methods of training
You just gloss over yea grappling is different.... It's extremely different and nothing comparable to running long distances. You have no clue how he reacts to being punched, choked unconscious etc

heston-laugh-slow-smooth.gif

bruh do you have any idea how trained these guys are at drawing their side arm? it's like second nature to them and don't believe all those Seagal movies; you are NOT disarming one of these guys.

completely different skillsets my guy
How are they drawing their weapon when their wrists are being controlled by someone who has trained wrist control their entire life ?

Sean would of course beat a seal in a mma fight or a backward brawl of sorts. He however wouldn’t even make it through Seal training. He wouldn’t make it through Air Force Search & Rescue training and schools either (or other stuff where fail rate is high). Sean would be killed quickly by Seals and not have nearly the same abilities in real world combat or survival situations.

Sean “I’m a Pitbull send a coyote or wolf and see if they can do what I do”……. Drop the Pitbull into a pack of coyotes or wolves and it gets eaten alive. Thats the best analogy here.

Everything you wrote is wrong. In a cage, in a street, in a hole in someones backyard. In hand to hand combat, Sean Strickland is going to butt fuck any seal they put in front of him.
Definitely not ANY seal but definitely a high majority. If you ever do bjj and are near San Diego, head to Dean Listers gym. Not only "Jocko" but there are quite a few roided out swole bjj black belts that are still active duty don't really do competitions that would likely be able to give Strickland a run for his money.

And if a 120 lbs woman can disarm you with a knife idk what to tell you.

Seal guy is a doorknob. They don’t “take souls” in training. I actually agree with Strickland here. Get some navy seals to train with him and let’s see what’s up! Training isn’t real combat get a fucking life.

I cannot scroll through the entire thread but I hope other people pointed out most of his training is just sparring so yeah Navy Seals wouldnt last sparring other MMA fighters all week.

The whole thing is apples vs. oranges. You can take a small group of elite solders and a small group of pro athletes and put them in each other's most intense training and it won't go well for anyone outside their specialty.

They did some TV show or video where Rashad Evans, Forrest and Gonzaga (while in or close to their primes) visited a military base. The fighters had trouble on the obstacle course (which has learned skills) but destroyed the military guys in grappling and even a drill where they could use padded sticks in hand-to-hand combat (Rashad just double-legged the guy).

Maybe a little corny, but otherwise well said by the Navy Seal. Yes, Strickland would kick their ass in a no weapons fight, but would his training break them? No way. Their training would break him. Most of them probably love Strickland. I think he's too unfiltered to know who to pick his battles with.
Yep. Love Strickland but he ain’t smart

I can't believe these arguments still exist. They're both trained to do completely different things in two completely different environments. You take them away from their respective fields and put them in the other's and they can't perform as well or as efficiently as they would in their specialty.

I mean, we already see the same principle in MMA. Pit a well rounded MMA fighter against an elite level grappler in a grappling setting and they won't perform as well compared to if all their tools were available for them.

I can't believe these arguments still exist. They're both trained to do completely different things in two completely different environments. You take them away from their respective fields and put them in the other's and they can't perform as well or as efficiently as they would in their specialty.

I mean, we already see the same principle in MMA. Pit a well rounded MMA fighter against an elite level grappler in a grappling setting and they won't perform as well compared to if all their tools were available for them.
Yeah. But to be fair everyone overestimates a seals ability to fight. They’re designed to fight in teams, with guns bombs ect, using speed surprise and violence of action. 1 vs 1 you have a good chance if you have training to beat them up. You’ll find a jacko or Tim Kennedy here and there that know fighting shit well but by and large, war is fought with guns, over emphasizing hand to hand fighting is dumb.

Back