Study: Dating as "higher standards" now resulting in a lot more lonely men

you're thinking about it the wrong way.
men have dicks and body musculature, that women like and want, and to get near that women should have something impressive about them.

Sure you need a dick but you don't need to be muscular to get a girl, sure it helps but there's a lot of other shit that will get them interested.

Sure you need a dick but you don't need to be muscular to get a girl, sure it helps but there's a lot of other shit that will get them interested.
point was to see yourself as a prize, not to put pussy on the pedestal.

point was to see yourself as a prize, not to put pussy on the pedestal.

Yeah that's fair enough I guess. But to see yourself as a prize it's good to have confidence, and to get confidence it's good to have something behind you, like a martial art, play guitar, a good job, some sort of skill.

I guess if you work on yourself you'll improve your chances.

I've seen this one before. It could alternatively be titled "Unrealistic Standards Leave Women Unable to Find Suitable Partners". It's a sensationalist headline for a phenomenon everyone is aware of.

I'm never more glad to be married than when I read about the effects of social media and dating apps.
I'll be dammed if this isn't the truth -- I fucking hated being single with a passion 8 or so years ago. I can't imagine how shitty it is to be single these days. I'm glad I have someone, and feel sorry for folks that have to solve riddles and shit to find someone they are compatible with.

Knowing a handful of such women... they will all deny this is happening or that it's an issue for them at all but when you discuss the issue further, it is clear that they not only know about it, they are REALLY bitter about it.
And then they run to felis catus domesticus to alleviate their bitterness and loneliness and it works all the time!

I'll be dammed if this isn't the truth -- I fucking hated being single with a passion 8 or so years ago. I can't imagine how shitty it is to be single these days. I'm glad I have someone, and feel sorry for folks that have to solve riddles and shit to find someone they are compatible with.
I actually really enjoyed single life, but I was in college and meeting people IRL was easy and fun. All I had to do was step out my door and there were people my age everywhere.

Being an adult trying to date on the internet sounds fucking terrible.

Lots more lonely men and women. Seen several awesome podcasts about this situation as it relates to dating apps.
Women are dating at a higher rate because they're sharing men. As they get older and become more set on obtaining a committed partner they are every bit as lonely and more bitter about it.

And then they run to felis catus domesticus to alleviate their bitterness and loneliness and it works all the time!

<Lmaoo>

I know that's the cliche but I know far more with dogs.

Same thing... getting a cat, becoming a "dog mom," working 70 hours a week. They will eventually use one of these methods as a surrogate relationship to fill that void.

most women aren't impressive either.

I don't disagree, but I'd argue it's not their job to be. Also...

They have boobs and vaginas though, and to get near them generally blokes have to have something impressive about them.

A man can't just think or look at himself as a prize, he literally has to do things to be one. I feel like there are many men out there that get a decent job and think a woman should just come along with that.

It's as much about women with unrealistic standards, as it is about men expecting women to accept the bare minimum.

That's not the way mother nature made the rules.

Up until recently, it WAS men that were considered the prize not women.

They were the ones with money and property.

Women control sex but men control relationships.

I'm glad I'm married, sounds like there are going to be a lot of lonely and bitter men and women in the next few decades.

Saying that, I have a friend who isn't exactly Brad Pitt, in his mid thirties and he does quite well online dating.

I don't disagree, but I'd argue it's not their job to be. Also...

A man can't just think or look at himself as a prize, he literally has to do things to be one. I feel like there are many men out there that get a decent job and think a woman should just come along with that.
Women don't have to work to be the prize? Do you think they wore whalebone corsets for fun? Women learning to behave in a ladylike manner in order to be more appealing has been going on forever.

I totally agree that men need to focus on self-improvement and that many people my age and younger are sorely lacking the concept of personal accountability. The idea that women get to just exist and be a prize simply by having a vagina is completely asinine, though.

men expecting women to accept the bare minimum.
What does this silliness even mean? The bare minimum according to what?

The standard has changed because women have changed and they expect men to change with them.

Between accepting this "men offering bare minimum" narrative and thinking that women don't need to do anything to be desirable, you sound like a fat feminist or a mega-simp.

I'm assuming that somewhere in this thread, we pointed out dudes that gas up anything with a vagina? Dudes that will go hard to bag some 5, treating her like a 8. So of course she thinks that she's an 8 -- every dude she talks to treats her like one. And her standards go up in line with it.

I've found that women are remarkably adaptable in the dating world. They change to the standards we set for them. You tell them to expect caviar, they'll always expect caviar. You tell them to expect hamburgers, they'll expect hamburgers.

Stop gassing up average bitches just so you can get a nut. You're fucking the game up for everyone.

skeeno-frm-the-ateam-ll-skeeno-stop-treating-these-city-15227007.png

Up until recently, it WAS men that were considered the prize not women.

They were the ones with money and property.

Women control sex but men control relationships.

Agree

Women don't have to work to be the prize? Do you think they wore whalebone corsets for fun? Women learning to behave in a ladylike manner in order to be more appealing has been going on forever.

I totally agree that men need to focus on self-improvement and that many people my age and younger are sorely lacking the concept of personal accountability. The idea that women get to just exist and be a prize simply by having a vagina is completely asinine, though.

What does this silliness even mean? The bare minimum according to what?

The standard has changed because women have changed and they expect men to change with them.

Between accepting this "men offering bare minimum" narrative and thinking that women don't need to do anything to be desirable, you sound like a fat feminist or a mega-simp.

My initial thought is why are so many of you so unnecessarily belligerent?

To answer your question, because monogamy made women have to compete. If men didn't have to choose one woman, then that woman in a corset wouldn't have to do that, because some dude would still choose her, she just wouldn't be the only one.

The standard hasn't changed. In the past to be a valuable, desirable man, worthy of building a family with, that man had to be capable in some way, shape or form. What's changed is that men can support themselves with a job, but many of them don't actually have any capable skills. Having capable skills is very attractive to women then, now and forever.

Even the red-pill/manosphere dudes admit that a woman's value is inherent and to be preserved. And I never said women didn't have to work on things, I said they didn't have to be impressive.

Take a deep breath, bud and go look up the definition of 'impressive'.

nature didn't make the rules, we did.

Did nature not make us? Are we not a part of nature? Hypergamy is a man-made phenomenon?

... anyway there's an obvious basic playbook to mating that spans across all types of animals: fish, mammals, insects, spiders, etc.

1. Male establishes territory/builds nest in an ideally resource rich area.

2. Females are attracted to the territory due to said resources, mating calls, scents, etc.

3. When they encounter it's still up to the male to impress the female in order to actually mate her. Be physically impressive, beautiful plumage, dance, have a strong call, scent, etc.

4. Profit

We play by the exact same rules, humans just suck at interpreting them.

Back