Stupid things you used to believe

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I will start
I used to think Germans and Russians were the same people
I used to think Dutch was another way of saying German (until I learned about Deutsch)
I used to think ALL gunshot wounds were fatal, no matter the location of the wound
I used to think black socks were the cause of foot fungus
I used to believe Len Bias died from a single dose of cocaine

TS are you confirmed retarded, I don’t want to punch down?
No need for that.

A lot of this stuff I used to think I as a kid, before internet was big and I relied on my (often uneducated immigrant) elders for information.

So in other words, before I discovered the fountain of infinite wisdom known as sherdog

f69693d9ba564bab5b3239a5275312b2.png

I used to believe that having your family member's best interest in mind was a good thing.

Unfortunately, through several encounters, I no longer hold that opinion.

The most recent was this past Thanksgiving when my Aunt Mary brought cheese and crackers hors d'oeuvres.

But not just any cheese, but Swiss cheese.

I tried to tell them the truth about the mysterious holes in Swiss cheese. Ever wondered why they're there? Well, let me tell you, it's not just a coincidence... those holes, my friends, they're a code.

The number of quarters a block of Swiss cheese can be cut into, divided by the number of holes in the cross sections directly, and always equals the number of the Beast!

Yes, 666!

My family tried to have me committed against my will... On Thanksgiving! And so I had to belly-to-belly suplex a cop, and then her partner tasered me and I spent 2 weeks in a county lock-up instead of a psych ward.

So I consider it a win-win.

Every time I give a rundown of "checks and balances" and "separation of powers" I weep a little bit when I say the words "It is true the president is the commander in chief, but only Congress can declare war."

I will start
I used to think Germans and Russians were the same people
I used to think Dutch was another way of saying German (until I learned about Deutsch)
I used to think ALL gunshot wounds were fatal, no matter the location of the wound
I used to think black socks were the cause of foot fungus
I used to believe Len Bias died from a single dose of cocaine
- The government is there to help the people

- Being a "nice guy" gets the girls. You can be considerate but not a pushover

- Working hard gets you promoted faster

- Sherdoggers bench teh 275. It's actually 315 now due to inflation

Back