SUMO - 2018 Natsu Basho (May 13th - May 27th)

Kakuryu vs Tochinoshin tomorrow, should be a good one. Would have been cool to see Tochinoshin pull off a zensho yusho but this makes the race more exciting

Both rookies with legendary sumo relatives are doing well, Naya (Taiho's grandson) went 6-1 in Jonidan following his Jonokuchi yusho in March and Hoshoryu (Asashoryu's nephew) captured the Jonidan yusho

Day 14. Ffffffuuuuuucccckkkkkk !

Last edited:
wow, so kakuryu looked quite good against tochinoshin, but the loose mawashi really worked against tochinoshin.

but ichinojo beating hakuho was nuts. fantastic job to keep blocking hakuho's left hand outside grip.

Stupid fucking Kakuryu stealing the yusho with a henka! This blows, just cementing himself as my least favorite rikishi with that bitch move.

hakuho's first resistance from the edge in his match with kakuryu was amazing.

i was really hoping for a playoff, but good job by kakuryu to get the yusho on the final day.

I knew kakuryuu had it once he had that dominant head position.

Good on Kakuryu finally finding some consistency since taking that time off to heal up. Bummer that Tochinoshin didn't get it but he's a lock for ozeki and he'll continue to be a contender if he continues what he has done so far this year

You could see him mentally beating himself up for yesterday after the Yokozuna match. Gotta be frustrating.

I never thought I'd get so emotionally invested in a basho but tochinoshin had me like
At first it was like
PelNwFy.gif

Then I was all

frank-compressed.gif

Then by the end it was all
tenor.gif

What an emotional roller coaster tochinoshin must have been on. Just like back in January when he took his first yusho. Soooo close again. Damn.

Hakuho needs to go back to slappin' bitches

I recently discovered Sumo, I've never gave it much attention until recently and man I love it. What a fantastic and amazing sport! I'm definitely looking forward to the next tournament.

Back