SUMO - 2024 Hatsu Basho (Jan 14th - Jan 28th)

Not surprised. Always seemed like a cocky kid who relied on his height advantage and didn't feel the need to put true effort in to improve. Sorry, but you won't be missed.
Speak for yourself. Sad that Hokuseiho won't reach his potential. He had such a unique style for the top division.

I don't know if the height itself is really an advantage since it gives him a higher center of gravity. I think it's more just the length of his arms being able to reach around and get a grip from awkward positions and the fact his legs are so long meaning you can't lift him off the ground easily.

Speak for yourself. Sad that Hokuseiho won't reach his potential. He had such a unique style for the top division.

I don't know if the height itself is really an advantage since it gives him a higher center of gravity. I think it's more just the length of his arms being able to reach around and get a grip from awkward positions and the fact his legs are so long meaning you can't lift him off the ground easily.

I was speaking for myself. Bullies are scum.

Definitely the most boring wrestler out there.

Was elated when Midorifuji threw his ass a few bashos ago.

I was speaking for myself. Bullies are scum.
I am not attempting to justify Hokuseiho's actions. I am just expressing my disappointment that due to Hokuseiho's own mistakes we won't get a chance to see what his style would look like if he were to reach his full potential. I thought he had a unique style.

The whole situation sucks but if he was burning people with a flamethrower and beating them with sticks he definitely needs to go.

i don't think it's too harsh. he knew this stuff was going on, and if he didn't it was his negligence of his duty to the stable that allowed it to happen. he's up shit creek with that one.
Yeah as more information came out it's become pretty clear how badly Hakuho fucked up

Back