Social Super Size Me scam

The McDonalds Monopoly scam documentary was very interesting.
Saw that documentary back in 2021. To be fair, it was the mafia that put the fix in on that shit. They had an insider with the winning pieces and the rest is just mafia crap.

Calories in vs calories out.

There was a documentary that came out shortly after super size me where the exact same experiment was run but the guy ended up losing weight because he equated for his calorie expenditure.

People need to start understanding the idea that there are no truly unhealthy foods, but unhealthy habits. What's healthy or unhealthy is relative.

I think you're making the mistake of equating being thin with being healthy. If you're not getting the proper nutrition you can absolutely be unhealthy at what would be considered a healthy weight.

Good catch. I've been using that line for a while. Guess I was wrong.

You can keep saying it. Sugar consumption causes dopamine surges.

There are a lot of neurological studies being done on the effects of sugar, preliminary data suggesting that high consumption of sugar also dampens the effects of satiety. This would be very similar to how drug addicts are always chasing the perception of the first high. Dopamine is involved in how the brain perceives the taste of things.

"Foods with more intense flavor and structure induce sensations of feeling full—a phenomenon previous researchers have called “sensory-enhanced satiety.”

“Think of a very complex and strong-tasting food—for example, gorgonzola cheese,” said Monica Dus, lead investigator of the U-M study published in the journal eLife. “The pungent and penetrating flavor of this cheese is what makes it much harder to eat in bigger amounts compared to, say, mozzarella.”

Neural pathways that travel from the mouth to the brain are unique across organisms, said Dus, a professor of molecular, cellular and developmental biology."

Saw Super Size Me back in 2004 when it came out. Damn good documentary. Not sure what was "scam" about it. I'm typing on a iPhone mini. Anyone got the cliffs? Why is it being called a "scam"?

He lied about a lot of things. And no one has ever been able to replicate his results or has ever seen his food logs.

He lied about a lot of things. And no one has ever been able to replicate his results or has ever seen his food logs.
Well I mean, he was checked out by a doctor and was told he should stop. So people have tried to replicate his results? And since no one seen a "food log" from 2002 (2003?) it's all obviously fake at it really never took place? Pretty flimsy if you ask me. Heck, by that kind of logic every Documentary from 1973 to 2023 is subject to be "fake and lies".

Later on when I am at my CPU I'll check out the article.

Project Veritas first please.

No one in the history of media has been as full of shit as them.

Eh, I dunno. Michael Moore literally bought news footage that had people being interviewed, then he audio spliced in his own questions so it looked like the answers they gave were to him and his new question, even though they never met him and were answering questions to a completely different interviewer about an entirely different subject. Add he did this to military officers who were doing stuff like going through rehab for getting their limbs blown off, and he'd edit in questions that made it seem like their answers were blaming George W. Bush for their injuries. Thats pretty goddamn full of shit, and an absolutely scum-bag thing to do. I dunno if Veritas can top that.

Eh, I dunno. Michael Moore literally bought news footage that had people being interviewed, then he audio spliced in his own questions so it looked like the answers they gave were to him and his new question, even though they never met him and were answering questions to a completely different interviewer about an entirely different subject. Add he did this to military officers who were doing stuff like going through rehab for getting their limbs blown off, and he'd edit in questions that made it seem like their answers were blaming George W. Bush for their injuries. Thats pretty goddamn full of shit, and an absolutely scum-bag thing to do. I dunno if Veritas can top that.

I have always hated Michael Moore. He is absolutely nothing compared to PV, see the Roy Moore incident.

Project Veritas literally just record people incriminating themselves and the organizations they represent. Seems the ones full of shit are the subjects of their investigations and the closed minded people who don't like to see the truth.

No, they literally don't.

Firstly, you didn't describe anything. You simply alluded to ghrelin and leptin being primordial triggers with zero explanation as to how that overrides the idea of being in an energy deficit leading to weight-loss. That's because you literally can't.

Secondly, CICO is irrefutable irrespective of the hormonal or metabolic influences we are subjected to. It isn't merely "important" it's absolutely everything.

Third, your gripe with people who parrot CICO are with respect to diet adherence. Sure, there are many metabolic/hormonal pathways working against fat people, but those pathways do not CONTROL your actions. You are still full well able to choose to eat a lower calorie, fiber rich, filling meal. Ghrelin and leptin don't force you to eat calorically sense foods nor do they absolve you of the same biological realities everyone is subjected to.

Once again, if you are in a deficit, you will lose weight.

Period.

If you eat a lot of sugar you'll get repeated insulin spikes which will make it impossible for you to manage calories.

This is as far as I can dumb it down for you.

I'll add that your body requires a variety of nutrients and what you eat absolutely matters, or else scurvy wouldn't be a thing.

6 Reasons Why a Calorie Is Not a Calorie

Last edited:
Eh, I dunno. Michael Moore literally bought news footage that had people being interviewed, then he audio spliced in his own questions so it looked like the answers they gave were to him and his new question, even though they never met him and were answering questions to a completely different interviewer about an entirely different subject.

oof that's bad. remember when he did this in bowling for columbine? filmed a fake scene pretending to talk to heston after he left to make him look insensitive. skip to 40s.

I think you're making the mistake of equating being thin with being healthy. If you're not getting the proper nutrition you can absolutely be unhealthy at what would be considered a healthy weight.
You're making the mistake of interpreting it that way.

I'm touching on habits being unhealthy which is directly linked to the subject material of the documentary itself and unfortunately for a lot of people here, that includes eating to the point of becoming fat.....which is unhealthy.

If you eat a lot of sugar you'll get repeated insulin spikes which will make it impossible for you to manage calories.

This is as far as I can dumb it down for you.

I'll add that your body requires a variety of nutrients and what you eat absolutely matters, or else scurvy wouldn't be a thing.

6 Reasons Why a Calorie Is Not a Calorie
You certainly dumbed it down. No arguments there.

Also, what's the point of the last paragraph? Are you under the assumption that I'm suggesting your body doesn't require a variety of nutrients?

If you could sum up the point of difference we are having I'd like to hear it from your perspective.

Saw that documentary back in 2021. To be fair, it was the mafia that put the fix in on that shit. They had an insider with the winning pieces and the rest is just mafia crap.

The interesting parts for me were how long it went on for, how they finally set everyone up, and how the guy got out of it due to McDonalds not wanting anyone from Canada to win.

Well I mean, he was checked out by a doctor and was told he should stop. So people have tried to replicate his results? And since no one seen a "food log" from 2002 (2003?) it's all obviously fake at it really never took place? Pretty flimsy if you ask me. Heck, by that kind of logic every Documentary from 1973 to 2023 is subject to be "fake and lies".

Later on when I am at my CPU I'll check out the article.

Replication of results and collected data are the cornerstones of good science. Otherwise there is NO definitive proof you actually did what you say you did, the way you say you did it. A Doctor is only seeing the state of negative health you put yourself in, but they're taking you at your word as to why you're in that State of negative health.

Saw Super Size Me back in 2004 when it came out. Damn good documentary. Not sure what was "scam" about it. I'm typing on a iPhone mini. Anyone got the cliffs? Why is it being called a "scam"?

From the OP....

Film maker claimed his "Super Sized" diet was causing liver issues.
- Turned out his liver issues were from his out of control alcohol addiction

"At one point in the film, Spurlock gets some startling news from his doctor: He has liver damage. The physician tells him fast food is “pickling" his liver,” and that his liver looks like “an alcoholic's after a binge.” The suggestion that fast food could be harmful to your liver is one of Super Size Me's more eye-opening moments.

But the filmmaker left out an important detail that puts this diagnosis in a different light. Spurlock claims to be in good health at the beginning of the movie, and denies alcohol use to his doctor in his initial checkup. But in a 2017 social media post addressing sexual harassment allegations made against him, Spurlock wrote that he had been “consistently drinking since the age of 13” and “[hadn't] been sober for more than a week in 30 years.”

As the Wall Street Journal surmised, excessive drinking would likely explain the liver damage far more than McDonald's food would. The WSJ also indicated that the physical shakes Spurlock experienced might have been a symptom of alcohol withdrawal. Taken together, these factors suggest that Spurlock's problem drinking was responsible for some of his health problems.

That alone should negate any negative health claims he could make. The alcohol is far worse than any fast food he was eating. Can you image the damage he was doing with eating massive quantities of fast food (5,000 Calories per day0, topped out with a daily alcohol binge?

It shouldn't be surprising that no one has been able to replicate his claims.

No , it is true and what you're saying doesn't negate that in the slightest.

I remember doing this with you once before and you were particularly dense about the subject then too.

It definitely is true. Macros are macros.

Another film maker did an opposing documentary "Fat Head" eating fast food daily for a month. Except he kept carbs to 100 grams per day (how?...lol) and his daily calorie intake to 2,000 calories.

He lost 12 lbs and his bloodwork improved.

Now... because of how calorie dense fast food is... It would be brutal to only eat 2,000 calories per day, you'd be hungry all the time. But its doable, just not easy. And most people in American society would never have the discipline to stay under 2,000 calories with fast food.

Maintaining a 2,000 calorie per day with chicken and vegetables is much easier due to having more food to eat. I know I have definite trigger foods that cause my body to want more and more... never feeling full. Potato chips are one... Fucking donuts. I don't even eat that first one, because I know my brain was kick in the response to devour the entire box.

I get what both of you are saying. Technically, you're right... You could eat "healthy" with fast foods, but you'd have to be disciplined as fuck and ready to be miserable from feeling like you're starving. It just isn't sustainable for most people.

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is much easier eating "healthier" foods because you won't be so miserable all the time from feeling hungry.

Not to mention that the body has high reserves of many vitamins and minerals stored in various tissues in the body. Meaning you can eat absolute shit for a while (up to 2 months or so) and not necessarily feel it because you're coasting on those reserves. Someone can feel fine on a month of McDonalds because at a previous point in their life they ate correctly and got reserves put away. If someone continued on this diet eventually the reserves would run out and their health would be very significantly affected because those micronutrients are key to the proper functioning of all systems in the body.

Vitamins

NUTRIENTAmount stored in the bodyADULT RNI
Vitamin A
(retinol)
Approx 900mg stored in liver - including carotenoids. High doses potentially harmful.Females 600µg/day
Males 700µg/day
Vitamin B1
(thiamin)
Approx 25-30mg stored in various tissues, low reserves. Excess excreted in urine.Females 0.8mg/day
Males 0.9mg/day
Vitamin B2
(riboflavin)
Small amounts stored in liver, spleen and kidneys. Excess excreted in the urine.Females 1.1mg/day
Males 1.3mg/day
Vitamin B3
(niacin)
Small amounts stored in the liver. Excess excreted.6.6mg/1,000kcal energy intake
Vitamin B5
(pantothenic acid)
No storage figures available. Excess excreted.No RNI – nominal 3-7mg.day
Vitamin B6
(pyridoxine)
Approx 40-250mg - mostly stored in muscle tissue but not readily available. Excess excreted.Females 1.2mg/day
Males 1.4mg/day
Vitamin B12
(cobalamin)
Approx 3-5mg – 80% of which is stored in liver.1.5µg/day
Folic acidApprox 5-10mg – 50% of which is stored in the liver and represents at least 2 months supply. Excess excreted.200µg/day
BiotinNo storage figures available. Excess excreted.No RNI – ample from food
Vitamin C
(ascorbic acid)
Approx 1.5g stored in liver, which represents at least 2 months supply. Saturation with higher intakes – above 75mg/day. Excess excreted.40mg/day
Smokers: 80mg/day
Vitamin D
(calcitriol)
Adequate from sunlight and production of surplus vitamin D from the skin is not harmful. Excess stored in fatty tissues.Provided by UV most of the year - nominal 5µg/day
Vitamin E
(tocopherols)
Substantial stores found in liver and fatty tissues. High doses not harmful. Rarely deficient in the diet.Females 60µg/day
Males 75µg/day
Vitamin K
(Phylloquinone)
Synthesised by gut bacteria. Stored in liver and bone marrow. Rarely deficient. Non-toxic in higher doses.Safe intake: 1µg/kg body wt/day

Minerals

NUTRIENTAmount stored in the body - assuming adequate intakeADULT RNI
CalciumApprox 1.2kg mostly in bones and teeth. Plasma concentration is tightly controlled, with the skeleton acting as a reserve store.700mg/day
More in adolescent females
MagnesiumApprox 25g, 60% in the skeleton, 27% in muscles and remainder in other cells and tissues. Plasma concentration is tightly controlled, with the skeleton acting as a reserve store.Females 270mg/day
Males 300mg/day
PhosphateApprox 1.1kg, 80% found in the skeleton and remainder in cells and tissues. Deficiency rare.550mg/day
SodiumApprox 100g, 37% in bone tissue, majority found in cells and tissue fluid. Deficiency rare.1,600mg/day
Potassium110-135g, 95% found inside cells, 5% outside. Deficiency rare.3,500mg/day
ChlorideApprox 1.2g/kg body weight in males, 70% in extra cellular fluid, the remainder within cells, connective tissue and bone.Intakes to correspond with sodium
ChromiumUndefined amount, mostly in conjunction with insulin and nucleic acids.Safe intake above 25µg/day
CopperApprox 100-120mg, stored mainly in liver, brain, kidneys, heart and hair. Deficiency rare.1.2mg/day
FluorideUndefined amount, stored as calcium fluorapatite in teeth and bone.No RNI as in drinking water; no more than 0.05mg /kg body weight /day in children
IodineApprox 15-20mg, 80% in thyroid gland as thyroxine (T4) or triiodothyronin (T3). Deficiency rare in UK.140µg/day
IronApprox 4kg in males, 2.1kg in females, 60% carried as haemoglobin and remainder stored in liver, spleen, bone marrow and muscles (myoglobin).Females 14.8mg/day
Males 8.7mg/day
ManganeseApprox 10-20mg, 25% is found in bone, remainder in other tissues as a component of enzymes.Adequate intake 1.8-2.3mg/day
MolybdenumUndefined.Safe intake 50-400µ/day
SeleniumApprox 30mg, but depends on geographical location. Found in all tissues, bound to amino acids and proteins. Regular intake needed to maintain adequate reserves.Females 60µg/day
Males 75µg/day
ZincApprox 2-3g, 60% found in skeletal muscles, 30% in bone, 4-6% in skin and remainder found inside cells. Not easily mobilised from reserves and regular intake is important.Females 7mg/day
Males 9.5mg/day

Back