Social Super Size Me scam

No, they literally don't.
I'm curious can you cite multiple examples of them doing such? I don't know much about them, I just know their videos trigger certain people.

I think you're making the mistake of equating being thin with being healthy. If you're not getting the proper nutrition you can absolutely be unhealthy at what would be considered a healthy weight.

Well... being too thin is NOT an issue most Americans have.

While it has be debunked time and again, it did lead to Mickey D's getting rid of the Super Sized options, which is a positive thing.

Documentaries are amazing at propaganda.

Yep. Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller has some decent shows, but the one she did on "ghost guns" was ridiculous and mocked like crazy for the propaganda.

Well I mean, he was checked out by a doctor and was told he should stop. So people have tried to replicate his results? And since no one seen a "food log" from 2002 (2003?) it's all obviously fake at it really never took place? Pretty flimsy if you ask me. Heck, by that kind of logic every Documentary from 1973 to 2023 is subject to be "fake and lies".

Later on when I am at my CPU I'll check out the article.

How about you read the thread you're replying to? He was an alcoholic and was excessively drinking at the time.

I love docs, but most are opinion pieces. And like someone writing a thesis or a book, they need to promote it by making a stand on a side. The more egregious, the more interesting. Micharl Moore made a career out of his one sided bullshit. I tend to like the true crime ones, as they are less biased.

This may have been shared already as it's old news but this is my first time hearing about it. The guy who made the documentary Super Size Me and blamed the chain for all his health problems was a scam artist. He was an alcoholic and the liver problems he associated with McDonalds were actually caused by his excessive drinking.

It's crazy this guy's fake documentary literally caused McDonald's to get rid of their super size. I'm kind of pissed about that, once in a while you just want to pig out on fries and a giant soda.

The documentary was dumb in the first place. Obviously if you pig out on burgers and fries every day you are not taking care of your body. Fathead is a much better documentary.

No McDonalds I know of ever got rid of the Super Size. I think they just called it a large after that.

They've always had the large. Super size was bigger.

I don't remember anything bigger than the large I get now. Doing a google search though it does seem they got rid of it. Maybe I just didn't realize the size difference.

It definitely is true. Macros are macros.

Another film maker did an opposing documentary "Fat Head" eating fast food daily for a month. Except he kept carbs to 100 grams per day (how?...lol) and his daily calorie intake to 2,000 calories.

He lost 12 lbs and his bloodwork improved.

Now... because of how calorie dense fast food is... It would be brutal to only eat 2,000 calories per day, you'd be hungry all the time. But its doable, just not easy. And most people in American society would never have the discipline to stay under 2,000 calories with fast food.

Maintaining a 2,000 calorie per day with chicken and vegetables is much easier due to having more food to eat. I know I have definite trigger foods that cause my body to want more and more... never feeling full. Potato chips are one... Fucking donuts. I don't even eat that first one, because I know my brain was kick in the response to devour the entire box.

I get what both of you are saying. Technically, you're right... You could eat "healthy" with fast foods, but you'd have to be disciplined as fuck and ready to be miserable from feeling like you're starving. It just isn't sustainable for most people.

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is much easier eating "healthier" foods because you won't be so miserable all the time from feeling hungry.

For the record, I was arguing against the assertion that there is no such thing as unhealthy food. There are literally "foods" that were pulled off the market because they caused medical problems. I mean I don't understand why anyone would make such an assertion in a World where that has happened more than once. There ARE such things as nutrient dense foods, nutrient deficient foods, and its not at all controversial to say that when a type of nutrient can be and IS used for anything other than energy production, all bets are off. Fat calories do not go solely to energy production. There are also negative calorie foods (that have high TEF), some of which are nutrient/calorie dense, some are nutrient deficient. Consuming "healthy" food doesn't need to be miserable, as we have a warped idea of what "healthy" could be for us. Most people picture greens (salad), endless fruit that you get tried of, boring chicken or fish. Then you hear tons of misconceptions about things like eggs, cheese, red meat, all stemming from the decades-long "low fat" craze that the US Government adapted after the McGovern Committee, and exported to the World. Misconceptions full of outright bullsh*t, like the notion that cholesterol on your place becomes cholesterol in your body, it doesn't.

People come with all kinds of genetic conditions that affect how they function. Generally their bodies should do X or Y, but then you'll come across people whose bodies just don't quite respond that way and their dieting habits need to be tweaked. And this is in the context of optimal health based on things like athletic performance and blood work, markers for problems that could pop up. It's not controversial to say that some foods are just trash, nutrient-deficient empty calories that are good for barely keeping hours alive at best. It's not controversial to say that some foods are better tolerated by some people, and not so much others, based on their genetic makeup. The amount of work you would need to do to even look like you're overcoming food being garbage is effectively impossible for the average person. The best argument one could make for a population on-average, eating shit food and looking good are prison inmates, but they workout for an absurd amount of time in the day.

CICO is definitely one of the most valid components of weight gain or loss, but it's also grossly oversimplified, and over-stated when it comes to getting people to their goals. It sounds really smart, though, just like saying the key to having a lot of money is spending less than you make. It's a fundamental, undeniable truth, but teaches you almost nothing about the intricacies of managing finances. Managing optimal health is just almost never as simple as "eat less, workout more."

I don't remember anything bigger than the large I get now. Doing a google search though it does seem they got rid of it. Maybe I just didn't realize the size difference.

Well... since that film came out... Shrinkflation is definitely a thing with fast food.

I don't eat fast food much... But it seems that burgers have got much smaller since 2002.

And those damn samoas that those drug pusher girl scouts peddle at the grocery stores are definitely half the size of when I was kid.

I don't eat fast food much... But it seems that burgers have got much smaller since 2002.

My wife went to BK and I wanted a smaller burger so I got a whopper jr. I always thought this was just a Mcdonalds double cheese burger size burger. I got it and this thing was like 10% bigger than a slider. When my wife pulled it out of the bag we literally both just started laughing are ass off.

CICO is definitely one of the most valid components of weight gain or loss, but it's also grossly oversimplified, and over-stated when it comes to getting people to their goals. It sounds really smart, though, just like saying the key to having a lot of money is spending less than you make. It's a fundamental, undeniable truth, but teaches you almost nothing about the intricacies of managing finances. Managing optimal health is just almost never as simple as "eat less, workout more."
CICO is the only component of weight loss. You guys are conflating weight-loss with weight management. That's an entirely different situation that involves the consideration of many psychological/biological triggers that push you towards consuming more food, skewed nutrient partitioning and faulty genetic expression depending on a whole host of environmental and heritable conditions.

Despite some people having it harder than others, the undeniable reality is that the variables you CAN control are infinitely more important, and universal to all than the ones you CANNOT control when it comes to both weight management and weight loss. At the end of the day, if you want to maintain a certain bodyweight you have the ability to do it and no amount of obscure anecdotes of people having unfavourable genetic conditions is going to change that.

There are people that listen to the garbage you spew and legitimately believe that they physiologically cannot lose weight which is utter horse shit.

There ARE such things as nutrient dense foods, nutrient deficient foods, and its not at all controversial to say that when a type of nutrient can be and IS used for anything other than energy production, all bets are off.
A food being nutrient dense doesn't mean anything if it isn't calorically dense or doesn't have a favourable macronutrient profile to sustain your lifestyle or hormonal profile.

You can eat spinach all day but you cannot survive off of it to any meaningful degree. You could survive off of big macs on the other hand. You could potentially support a healthier hormonal profile, refill muscle glycogen, and not kill yourself by only needing a few of them a day. You would need 20lbs of spinach to get the same energy that you would get from 4 big macs.

once again, what is healthy is relative to what people need and you full well know this.

Managing optimal health is just almost never as simple as "eat less, workout more."
For weight it's everything and for health it's substantial. Stop muddying the waters.

Last edited:
Do you believe in addiction? A lot of foods in the supermarket are as addictive as drugs like cocaine. Sugar for example uses the same pathway in the brain. Then you add in the 24/7 advertisement of these foods and you have a huge problem. Can you imagine a coke addict trying to ditch it while it's at every single corner store and they are bombarded 24/7 with advertisement about how good it is? It's a losing game for most people.

Humans are deterministic creatures and our biology dictates are behavior. A lot of big people are actually also malnourished with a lot of vitamins even though they eat an overabundance of calories. It's actually disgusting how evil the food industry is.

Why are we fatter than every single generation before us? Did humans have personal accountability then and somehow we have magically lost it? It doesn't work that way.

If I was the ruler of the world I could make everyone normal weight within a few years with just a few bans.

I disagree with almost all your posts, but this one was interesting and well crafted.

what would you ban if you were ruler of the world?

The massively fat guys who can move and in some cases even do athletic stuff have always impressed me. There was a thread earlier about the farmer who was 7'6 and weighed 1000 lbs, who was apparently still able to work the farm and pulled off some prodigious feats of strength.

People like that are just mutants and defy all logic. How does one even move around that amount of weight on a daily basis?

Yokozuna was a WWF wrestler in the 90s and was athletic "enough" at 600 lbs. Unfortunately he died at the age of 34 after ballooning up to 800 lbs (he wanted to be the heaviest pro wrestler of all time).

- Big Show could do backflips, kicki-ups. Umaga also was amazing. Bronson Reed and Ivar are two great workers. Also Samoa Joe.
Kevin Owens. We cant forget that unknow uy, Big Van Vader!

Yokozuna was a WWF wrestler in the 90s and was athletic "enough" at 600 lbs. Unfortunately he died at the age of 34 after ballooning up to 800 lbs (he wanted to be the heaviest pro wrestler of all time).
- I always thought that was kayfabe!
Mark Henry also could dunk a basketball. So could Yokozuna.

I remember when this came out and thinking how stupid it was that the idea of eating large amounts of fast food everyday being bad for you is some sort of revelation

5760.jpg

Don Gorske did not have many people betting on him to live into his 70s with his half-century-old habit of eating Big Mac hamburgers daily.

But cutting down his intake of the famous McDonald’s burgers to two a day (rather than his previous high of nine), skipping fries with his meals and walking six miles daily for exercise has not only helped him become a septuagenarian – it has also allowed him to extend his Guinness world record for most Big Macs eaten in a lifetime to more than 34,000.

Back