Opinion Survey: 28% of Americans believe it may be necessary to take up arms against govt.

I'm surprised it's only 28%. The U.S. always had its share of doomsday preppers.

For the past 100 years, despite endless amounts of doomsday cults, militias, etc., popping up, nothing has gone down though. So I'm going to assume that nothing's going to be going down in the present, either. It's just a way for people to get hyped up and feel special about their generation.

One of the 28% checking in…
No, I’m not a stranger in my country…They are..
It’s a stupid little fantasy you’ve bought into. I’m not talking about whether you can win or not. It’s obvious that it’s a way that people feel special, like they’re the hero of some story against the big mean government that wanted them to get a shot so they could control them. When in reality they were just trying to stem the spread of a virus that was shitting down the global economy.

Cooler story though to think that the government is an evil mastermind. I would think that since you also think the government is comically inept that would poke holes in your fantasy for you, but your imaginations are strong.

Amen.

goat.jpg

@Hellowhosthat

ct1.jpg

ct2.jpg

ct3.jpg

<36>

That's why Clarence Thomas is called GOAT.

The people that feel this way aren’t going to be forthcoming when it comes to a survey on this subject. I mean it’s not like the federal government hasn’t given these people enough evidence to be concerned on some level.

It’s a stupid little fantasy you’ve bought into. I’m not talking about whether you can win or not. It’s obvious that it’s a way that people feel special, like they’re the hero of some story against the big mean government that wanted them to get a shot so they could control them. When in reality they were just trying to stem the spread of a virus that was shitting down the global economy.

Cooler story though to think that the government is an evil mastermind. I would think that since you also think the government is comically inept that would poke holes in your fantasy for you, but your imaginations are strong.

Everyone is special in the eye of God..silly boy…even u
<seedat>

Last edited:
I wonder if 80% of democrats trusted the electoral process in 2016? People have gone full potato, both in their views of others and their ideas of what tolerance means and how far it should be extended. And if you feel others don't tolerate you then how long before you be home demoralized and willing to resort to drastic measures?

I feel less at home now than before "should we tolerate those people". That's for damned sure.
They trusted the process, they believed that an individual manipulated the rules with outside help. Which is a distinction of some merit. I can trust the rules of a game and still think you manipulated those rules to your benefit. Versus refusing to abide by the rules themselves.

Dems thought Trump, the individual, cheated with assistance from Russia. They didn't think the electoral process itself was the problem. The message spread by Trump was that the electoral process itself was illegitimate and could be discarded.

People will defend themselves out of necessity like with the BLM riots but very few people will throw away their lives for a principle.

The only thing that would be even remotely close to possible is a McCloskey situation where a mob of ideologues invades the wrong area/neighborhood.

Hell, leftists committed actual sedition with CHAZ and there was no major armed conflict as a result so, what does that tell you?

We are very dangerous and violent people over here, especially relative to the rest of the western world and it really doesn't have anything to do with being a badass.

You're right. It's because of mental illness, remember?

Its funny. These guys support militarizing the police and giving whatever the military wants but also day dream about fighting them.
It’s really funny to think that the government would stand as a monolith if it got to that point..

From the University of Chicago and The Guardian (reported on by the Guardian).

Nearly 80% of Democrats voiced overall trust in elections, but that number dipped to 51% among independents and a mere 33% of Republicans,” according to the survey. It was found that 49% of those surveyed found that they “more and more feel like a stranger in my own country.”

Obviously they’re surveying voters, which will give things a tinge, yet I find it interesting that the numbers are so high with the verbiage ‘soon’ included in the question, I.e., they felt like they may have to turn their guns on the government within years. We’re talking about 1/3 of the Republicans.

It’s also crazy to see just how far the election lies can spread when just 33% of Republicans surveyed trusted elections. And, yes, I find those numbers to be closer to the truth than not, especially considering what I have heard and read.

Overall, though, this is about alienation. Do you find yourself a stranger in your country?

28 per cent is unbelievable to me. I couldn't comprehend fighting my fellow citizens or government.

How many angry Manlet's with persecution and Rambo complexes and low Emotional intelligence do you have?

JFC America is done.

They trusted the process, they believed that an individual manipulated the rules with outside help. Which is a distinction of some merit. I can trust the rules of a game and still think you manipulated those rules to your benefit. Versus refusing to abide by the rules themselves.

Dems thought Trump, the individual, cheated with assistance from Russia. They didn't think the electoral process itself was the problem. The message spread by Trump was that the electoral process itself was illegitimate and could be discarded.

I'm pretty sure both were crying fraud of some degree. If you believe a candidate cheated, that does not instill trust in the process, no matter how you dress it up.

If this scenario ever plays out, it’s going to be a foreign entity that’s anti-US Govt backing the rebel side (ie Russia, etc).

Just like any civil war the politics are complicated.

This is what happened during the Revolutionary War and the Civil War - foreign monies came in to support the Rebels/South. Not saying that was a bad thing. Lincoln was overreaching the Fed’s authority and he needed to be challenged.

.223 AR’s, AK’s, and shotguns aren’t going to cut it. As much as I love my hillbilly bro’s that live out here and as bad as these mofos are, any rebel side is going to need help.

I wonder if 80% of democrats trusted the electoral process in 2016? People have gone full potato, both in their views of others and their ideas of what tolerance means and how far it should be extended. And if you feel others don't tolerate you then how long before you be home demoralized and willing to resort to drastic measures?

I feel less at home now than before "should we tolerate those people". That's for damned sure.
When good faith is a luxury, is it any surprise?

I'm pretty sure both were crying fraud of some degree. If you believe a candidate cheated, that does not instill trust in the process, no matter how you dress it up.
It's a huge distinction. One says "This individual cheated and with a different individual, the process would have been fair." The other says "The system is the problem, it doesn't matter who is running because the problem will repeat itself with anyone."

Both groups end up disagreeing with the outcome but for very different reasons, especially as it pertains to future election cycles. If it is the individual who cheated then a future election could be fair. If it is the electoral process that is flawed then no future election can be fair.

Back