Crime Sutherland Springs, Texas Church Shooting v2

I'll give you an example of how it goes wrong.

Let's say there are some stories coming out that the shooter may have been an angry atheist with general disgust for religion. That could be brought up, and SHOULD be brought up.

How do you bring it up? Post a reliable source, and introduce the possibility of that playing a part in the motive.

How do you NOT bring it up? Post a youtube propaganda video that claims the event occurred because the man was an evil leftist ANTIFA agent who hated Christians.

That is the difference between the people who get carded or criticized, and the people who actually contribute and have good discussions. You can bring anything up in a reasonable way, but you cannot be reasonable with propaganda and outrageous claims.

I'm done derailing the thread with you.

You're just,

<TrumpWrong1>

Deliberately derailing the thread with unverified information from bogus sources in the immediate aftermath of the event is just plain shitty, especially when they were specifically warned not to do it.

They had no intention of an honest debate and only wanted to somehow blame all their political "enemies" for the actions of one person like they do every time this happens.

I just see it as a very slippery slope, to card people and remove their ability to post if they have posted factually incorrect information. Who gets to determine what is bullshit or not?

I see it as the role of the posters on this forum to correct misinformation and make arguments against fallacious statements. Moderators ought to focus on keeping the debates clean of personal insults and such.

Those who keep posting hoax videos, are only going to make themselves look like jackasses. People should retain the right to do that.

Last edited:
I just see it as a very slippery slope, to card people and remove their ability to post if they have posted factually incorrect information. Who gets to determine what is bullshit or not?

They were not carded for posting inaccurate information. Rip was carded for the video of a car running people over.

But also, "inaccurate" is different than "obvious propaganda" and that is important distinction to make.

I see it as the role of the posters on this forum to correct misinformation and make arguments against fallacious statements. Moderators ought to focus on keeping the debates clean of personal insults and such.

Someone who keeps posting a hoax video, is only going to make themselves look like a jackass.

For the most part that is how it works. Moderators do not correct inaccurate information on this forum, they simply enforce the rules.

In this case, it was simply erasing a propaganda video that was posted, then reposted (in a pretty clear attempt to get banned).

The mods are getting a very unfair shake here. They have a tough task and I think they genuinely try their best.

They were not carded for posting inaccurate information. Rip was carded for the video of a car running people over.

But also, "inaccurate" is different than "obvious propaganda" and that is important distinction to make.

And who gets to make the distinction? You?

For the most part that is how it works. Moderators do not correct inaccurate information on this forum, they simply enforce the rules.

In this case, it was simply erasing a propaganda video that was posted, then reposted (in a pretty clear attempt to get banned).

The mods are getting a very unfair shake here. They have a tough task and I think they genuinely try their best.

I think they can make the job a lot easier on themselves, by doing less. I've moderated before and the easiest way to accomplish the task, is by letting people sort themselves out.

So saying it about Christians is ok? But not black people?

Posters joking about how the people killed in the churches prayers of safety not being answered is cool?

Saying Fuck their God(the victims) is cool?

No. No.

Yes.
Yes.

As far as the rules go.

<Dany07>

Oh, you've convinced me. Where the entire continental armies of Europe failed, 500,000 jews, of which many were women, children, and elderly would have turned them back from within their own country.

If only Hitler didn't restrict their access to firearms in cooperation with the entire German state.. if only.

Indeed. They would have at least had a chance to take some Nazis with them.

Joking about the people being killed, in any context, falls under tasteless humor, the very thing outlined by you in the TS.

Yes, if it was actually a joke about people being killed. Generally speaking though people's ideologies and beliefs are open to criticism (not trolling).
Advocating or condoning (including victim blaming) violence against groups, or dehumanising them in some other way, is not ok.

Yes, if it was actually a joke about people being killed. Generally speaking though peoples ideologies and beliefs are open to criticism (not trolling), but advocating or condoning (including victim blaming) violence against groups is not ok.

Child is killed in church. Poster jokes I guess God didn't answer their prayers. Wouldn't saying they were killed because their prayers were not answered be sort of victim blaming?

Gotcha.

Last edited:
Child is killed in church. Poster jokes I guess God didn't answer their prayers. Wouldn't saying they were killed because their prayers were not answered be sort of victim blaming?

Gotcha.
I think is healthy debate, discuss the motives and the "reasons" this animal had to kill people.
One of the ones he could be a atheist who hate christians therefore he kill all this people.

Likewise the communists who kill millions of christians because they thought the same way.
But is anwfull ridiculous how the midia don´t pick up in this obvious clue, why?Maybe he was antifa, and is convenient to hide that.

I'm pretty sure this nut had no affiliation to Antifa

Was the child praying not to be killed or was the death retribution for praying?

Wow this thread is shit. Looking like this dude was neckbearded autistic Adam Lanza type, not one of the Antifa supersoldiers sent to destroy fascist America.

He was court martialed and shouldn’t have had a gun. Was also committed to a mental institution, another disqualifier for gun ownership. The system completely failed, probably because most Americans are lazy and don’t want to do their jobs correctly.

I say that as an American from my observations in everyday life.

What I do think this showed is that if America was going to become similar to Sweden or Australia in terms of how guns are controlled, it would require the gov't becoming much more tyrannical. It would requite America basically being as dictatorial as China is. And so practical solutions would have to revolve around greater competency, for example, in removing clearly unstable and unfit members of society from the general population.

Back