Crime Sutherland Springs, Texas Church Shooting v2

What I do think this showed is that if America was going to become similar to Sweden or Australia in terms of how guns are controlled, it would require the gov't becoming much more tyrannical. It would requite America basically being as dictatorial as China is. And so practical solutions would have to revolve around greater competency, for example, in removing clearly unstable and unfit members of society from the general population.

The mods here cannot even give yellow cards to clearly unfit and unstable posters from an Internet forum without people freaking out. If we make it easier for people with mental illness to be committed to an asylum or if we start restricting the gun rights of the mentally ill there is going to be a massive backlash.

From my understanding, you can be on a no-fly list and still purchase a gun right now. The anti-gun control lobbyists do not believe there is any such thing as common sense regulations.

Indeed. They would have at least had a chance to take some Nazis with them.

You realize that Hitler restricted Jews access to weapons AFTER Kristallnacht, yeah?

It's like you beat the shit out of someone and take all their possessions, and then tell them after they can't buy guns.

everyone downplays the hate for religion aspect of this. If he wanted to just go after his ex's family, he could have gone to their homes. Hell none of her family were even there. Dude shouldn't have been able to buy guns, air force failed and gun control measures failed
I dont think his hate for religion was a factor. Sounds weird saying that after him shooting up a church.
It was an ultimate fu to his inlaws even picked when they were away so they have to live with this..i couldnt imagine being them right now.

Just a few weeks ago? if I am not mistaken he also got carded for the same offense about a year ago the guy is clearly a troll
Either that or he has a great stash of aborted fetuses on his computer to satisfy his fetish with them..

Either that or he has a great stash of aborted fetuses on his computer to satisfy his fetish with them..
That is sick hey you should alert the polis in Amerika tell them a guy just rage quit on the internet that has obsession with Fetus parts and he might shoot a planned parenthood clinic!

I dont think his hate for religion was a factor.

His Facebook posts are apparently the crux of that argument. I saw someone on the news who knew him and "unfriended" him on Facebook for his Atheist views. Now, the guy was obviously extremely Christian, as are most in that community, so it's hard to say how intense the gunman's hatred was for religion, or if the Christian guy was blowing it out of proportion.

His Facebook posts are apparently the crux of that argument. I saw someone on the news who knew him and "unfriended" him on Facebook for his Atheist views. Now, the guy was obviously extremely Christian, as are most in that community, so it's hard to say how intense the gunman's hatred was for religion, or if the Christian guy was blowing it out of proportion.

The guy hated everybody, not just religious people.

He was labeled as "unreachable" by mental health workers at the facility he escaped from in New Mexico. Every where he went the relationships were acrimonious. The guy has every single tell that he was unstable. Hurt babies, hurt animals, made violent threats to family members, and vowed vindication to his superiors at the air force.

"“This kid — he was hollow. I could never reach him"
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/t...y-escaped-mental-health-facility-2012-n818496

Pence says "We'll get through this with faith". I wonder how many extinct ancient civilizations relied on faith.

From that same article:

The person who reported Kelley missing told El Paso officers that Kelley "was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms onto Holloman Air Force Base," where he had been stationed, according to the police report.

He "was attempting to carry out death threats" he had made against his military superiors, the report said.

n_melvin_brk_pwms_kelley_171107_1920x1080.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Report: Texas Church Gunman Escaped Mental Health Facility 2:33
Xavier Alvarez, a former Peak Behavioral employee, confirmed to NBC News that during Kelley's time at the facility he "verbalized that he wanted to get some kind of retribution to his chain of command."

Sounds like he had been planning a mass shooting for years and finally got around to it. Initially he wanted to shoot up his base.

It seems to me that the church is just the most populated place in his 600-person town. It's also where the family members he hated most were.

He is the type of person that needed to be committed against his will to a hospital. If you hurt a baby, your wife, and tell your counselor you want to murder people, you should not be allowed to go buy a small arsenal of weapons and shoot up a church.

Ironic much bro?

You are the precisely the reason atheists have no chill when it comes to ridiculing theists.

Interesting take. I tried to warn someone that if he doesn't change something in his life someone will kill him because he pushes everything to it's limits. It didn't work.

I wasn't the only one that tried to warn the guy. Sure, I could have beat the crap out of him any day I wanted to but then I would be the bad guy so I tried to warn him instead. Besides it could have put my captains license in jeopardy.

He was in our chess group until no one would play chess with him anymore. He became loud and rude whenever young girls walked into the coffee shop why we were playing. He was making unwanted advances on some also. That's the last time I saw him and warned him directly that someone would end up killing him and slowly if he didn't change. I walked out shaking I was so upset and fed up with the guy.

He was to brazen to the wrong guy. The shooter told a friend that "the guy was real disrespectful". Shot him twice in the liver.

http://homernews.com/homer-news/local-news/2015-05-14/green-murder-trial-continues

Leaders asked Stevenson if the short guy said anything offensive to them.

“Make sure you bring her with some clean underpants,” Stevenson said he remembered the short guy saying.

Stevenson and Robinson went fishing, and Green went to Anchor Point to buy some marijuana. The men later that night met up at the campground. Leaders asked Stevenson if he noticed anything odd about Green.

“I felt there was something wrong,” Stevenson said, but added that he didn’t press Green. “I didn’t want to know,” Stevenson said.

Stevenson said Green said something like “The dude was real disrespectful.”

In his testimony, Robinson testified that Green said he “had to check him,” referring to the short man they had met at Wal-Mart in Kenai.

Pence says "We'll get through this with faith". I wonder how many extinct ancient civilizations relied on faith.

Faith in the God of Abraham and faith in Huitzilopochtli or Inki are probably two different things philosophically, psychologically, and in multitudes of other ways.

Faith in the God of Abraham and faith in Huitzilopochtli or Inki are probably two different things philosophically, psychologically, and in multitudes of other ways.
Yeah. One was about to kill his son because an invisible sky wizard was trolling him

Yeah. One was about to kill his son because an invisible sky wizard was trolling him

Well, to be fair, that myth as you see it built the West.

Guilt culture, forgiveness in the society, and individualism among many, many other social realities are only possible thanks to the story about Sons and Father's and wizards and the power of belief.

You can speak of magic and fairies all you like, but unless you're governed by Analects of Confucius, Brahman as the truth, or the Eight Fold Path, your life and the comfortable world around you were shaped by the ideas of Jesus of Nazareth.

From my understanding, you can be on a no-fly list and still purchase a gun right now. The anti-gun control lobbyists do not believe there is any such thing as common sense regulations.
The no fly list is one of those things you pop up on without notice, warning or ability to defend yourself. As it takes away a constitutional right, without due process even the ACLU has taken issue with it. Same as the ban on people who get SSI and choose to have someone else do their finances for them. Lack of due process.
Without due process we can just go around claiming this or that, getting people's rights taken away and doing what we want.

He is the type of person that needed to be committed against his will to a hospital. If you hurt a baby, your wife, and tell your counselor you want to murder people, you should not be allowed to go buy a small arsenal of weapons and shoot up a church.
He wasn't allowed to; he broke federal law acquiring whatever he did acquire. The NICS system is garbage, has been since day one, always will be.
Mental illness disqualifies you from firearm ownership here's a fun article http://www.thestranger.com/features...-history-i-fired-a-handgun-for-the-first-time
In this article the author admits to having a history of suicidal thoughts, to have been admitted to a mental hospital, then goes to lie on his 4473 when purchasing a firearm (question 11f) then goes home to put an unloaded gun in his mouth, not satisfied he loads the gun, and repeats the same thing. Committing felonies is fun isn't it?

Last edited:
From that same article:

Sounds like he had been planning a mass shooting for years and finally got around to it. Initially he wanted to shoot up his base.

It seems to me that the church is just the most populated place in his 600-person town. It's also where the family members he hated most were.

I haven't looked to much into this story, as it is just all around depressing, and of course people make it political.

But without knowing the details, just from your post, did the therapist/counselor drop the ball here? It might vary from state to state, but I believe it someone actually makes a serious claim to wanting to hurt others and/or themselves, the therapist/counselor can notify authorities.

Probably wrong, but I dunno.

Back