Syrian army and Iranian-backed militias push towards Idlib province

https://www.yahoo.com/news/syrian-army-iranian-backed-militias-push-towards-idlib-001157514.html

Looks like the strategy of allowing the "moderate" rebels to leave besieged areas and go to Idlib is paying off.

Now most of them are gathered in Idlib ripe for the picking.

It's over for the "moderate" rebels.

A lot of people thought letting rebs leave besieged areas was dumb but those people dont understand that taking and holding territory is more valuable than killing the enemy. Killing the enemy is easy once theyve been deprived of territory and have nowhere to go.

A lot of people thought letting rebs leave besieged areas was dumb but those people dont understand that taking and holding territory is more valuable than killing the enemy. Killing the enemy is easy once theyve been deprived of territory and have nowhere to go.

also bear in mind that you lose if you kill them

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F8912508d99c7c568d4a161676eb5934%2F205583145%2F16765016.jpg

Agreed. Control of space is pivotal for victory, especially if you isolate enemy units from vital resources and back up.

'if you kill your enemies, they win' - JT

I dont see how that applies here. If youre besieging a town. The objective is to take the town and deny it to the enemy with the least amount of fighting as possible. If the enemy is willing to surrender it and move to a less defensible location, then its worth it.

It's a pivotal moment in the history of the conflict. The US and their regional partners project has without a doubt failed. With ISIS defeated the justifications of meddling in Syria are running out. The absurd notion that "ISIS can't be defeated without removing Assad" is no longer valid.

The US will cling to the Kurdish project in eastern Syria until it becomes politically impossible to do so. Turkey as a partner is indefinitely more important than clinging to a landlocked non-state actor surrounded by enemies in the end. Deposing Assad? Not even remotely possible anymore. They have no leverage, no way to even bring him to the table. Hopefully the issue between kurdish militias and the goverment can be resolved peacefully and the US occupators return home without anything to show for it( like they usually have to do).

He's a barrel bombing civilian killing piece of shit. What's got you sucking Assad's cock so hard?

Well if they gave him laser guided bombs he wouldnt need to use barrel bombs.

But seriously Ya i get it Asad is an asshole. One that will be sorely missed once removed like Ghadaffi, Saddam, the Afghan gov in the 90s.

Keep Assad.

Should have kept Ghadfi.
Should have kept Saddam.

I guess we’re saying that a dictator is the best Muslims in the Middle East is the best they can do?

He's a barrel bombing civilian killing piece of shit. What's got you sucking Assad's cock so hard?

From any objective perspective, he's the only real stabilizing force in the region, and the only reason we felt he needed to be removed was to deprive Russia of an ally in the ME. Other than that we gave zero real shits about Syria.

Well if they gave him laser guided bombs he wouldnt need to use barrel bombs.

But seriously Ya i get it Asad is an asshole. One that will be sorely missed once removed like Ghadaffi, Saddam, the Afghan gov in the 90s.

Oh I get it. It's a fucked up situation but gloating and obviously supporting a murderous cunt isn't a good look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back