Syrian army and Iranian-backed militias push towards Idlib province

Oh I get it. It's a fucked up situation but gloating and obviously supporting a murderous cunt isn't a good look.

It's less about supporting Assad and more about defeating the agenda that brought the world the Iraq war, the Libyan "intervention" and ISIS.
So when they lose in Syria the world wins in the end.

I think most people can see right through emotional appeals to "barrel bombs", it's just a dumb bomb after all. You'd have more of an argument going the gas route although I don't think the civilians buried under the rubble in, lets say, Raqqa caused by high explosives care much about that argument either.

If the US and its allies hadn't dumped billions worth of arms into Syria, gun running out of eastern Europe and Libya, there wouldn't have been a conflict to begin with. The US allying itself with a genocidal Sunni ideology also drives the Alawite minority led goverment to fight tooth and nail against it to not have their people meet the same fate as the Yazidis.

It's the taking of the moral high ground that just irks me the most when US meddling is the root cause of instability in the region(spare me the "violent muslim" cliché). The Iraq war really was an injustice of incomprehensible proportion and the sad part is we will never see anyone really answer for it.

Oh I get it. It's a fucked up situation but gloating and obviously supporting a murderous cunt isn't a good look.

No, it's about concluding that a piece of shit dictator that barrel bombs civilians is less of a problem/bad thing than what would replace him.

No, it's about concluding that a piece of shit dictator that barrel bombs civilians is less of a problem/bad thing than what would replace him.

That's a retarded conclusion.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/syrian-army-iranian-backed-militias-push-towards-idlib-001157514.html

Looks like the strategy of allowing the "moderate" rebels to leave besieged areas and go to Idlib is paying off.

Now most of them are gathered in Idlib ripe for the picking.

It's over for the "moderate" rebels.
Israel was helping the 'moderate rebels' though, and still may. But it does seem like the war is coming to a close.

As long as the 'moderate rebels' only kill and cleanse non-Jews (Christians, Shia and other minorities), it's all kosher.

From June 2017. Wall Street Journal.
Israel Gives Secret Aid to Syrian Rebels

Fighters near Golan Heights in Syria receive cash and humanitarian help

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-gives-secret-aid-to-syrian-rebels-1497813430

You must have missed the buildup of sentiment leading too removing Saddam and Ghadafi. And that turmed out just great, didnt it?

lol if the US wanted Assad gone he would have been gone a long time ago. They never wanted to depose him in the first place, it was all just political BS so they don't appear to be supportive of a dictatorship.

BS. US wanted Assad gone but not in a way that the whole Syrian state went with him in a sudden collapse.

Russian air base in Hmeymim has been under repeated drone swarm attacks. Still unclear how many aircraft damaged/destroyed.

Photos of drones and munitions used released by army tv:

DTB9mtWVAAAWIXh.jpg

DTB9nsbVQAAxdKy.jpg

Well if they gave him laser guided bombs he wouldnt need to use barrel bombs.

But seriously Ya i get it Asad is an asshole. One that will be sorely missed once removed like Ghadaffi, Saddam, the Afghan gov in the 90s.

Is Sadam that threatening?

Back