Systema -"A Phd for those with batchelors, you're talking to guys who haven't graduated high school"

Just go home, BJJ Troll.

And dont try to create imaginary arguments.
No one is disputing that submission Judo (aka 'BJJ') is great for ground grappling.
Use what works
But it is well known UFC 1 was Rorion Gracies advert for bjj.

We have all learned from the 200+ UFC's since then.
And there is cross fertilization and growth with martial arts both within and outside the competition mma sphere also.
Oleg Taktarov was training a bit with Systema's Vasiliev back in the day even.

Also, you mentioned u cant even train BJJ properly any more due to injury. Too bad.
If they taught the style properly they would make yoga compulsory for anyone who does BJJ from the beginning.
Time to try some of that softer internal type training so your art works when your older also and your body will still be functional. Its never too late to start.

Many dimensions to martial arts.

of course it was a Gracie marketing thing ufc 12345, it doesn’t mean they rigged the contest, they brought ken shamrock Pat smith Gordon, Back in the day, was probably the best they could’ve gotten, what did you expect, Tyson? Karelin?

i mentioned I was injured, that comes from 10 years of actually grappling you fucking larper

Last edited:
of course it was a Gracie marketing thing ufc 12345, it doesn’t mean they rigged the contest, they brought ken shamrock Pat smith Gordon, Back in the day, was probably the best they could’ve gotten, what did you expect, Tyson? Karelin?

i mentioned I was injured, that comes from 10 years of actually grappling you fucking larper

No need to discuss early UFC it is off topic and discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. In fact you're the one so insecure anytime any other martial arts effectiveness is mentioned u have to retreat into a little cocoon and start reciting UFC 1-5 results. Just sad.

No one is questioning submission Judo. I started with Judo and I still think its awesome.

Getting injured in training is par for the course so stop being a whinning crybaby.
What u actually said previously of any significance about your injury and why I recollected it was that you said you might have to give up training BJJ altogether in a few years because of mounting injuries.

That is bad news and in my view bad training if u want longevity, and not very sensible.
If u can barely move as u get older its not good news for general health.
This problem is not unique to BJJ, Judo also suffers.
The longterm physical health aspects and being able to use what you have learned when u r old is one of the strengths of incorporating more internal type training which has much lesser damaging effects on the body.

Lmao at quoting Wolfcan Dan.

What the fuck? Why is this shit back to our side? This one is for the guys in the grappling part to deal with...

No need to discuss early UFC it is off topic and discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. In fact you're the one so insecure anytime any other martial arts effectiveness is mentioned u have to retreat into a little cocoon and start reciting UFC 1-5 results. Just sad.

No one is questioning submission Judo. I started with Judo and I still think its awesome.

Getting injured in training is par for the course so stop being a whinning crybaby.
What u actually said previously of any significance about your injury and why I recollected it was that you said you might have to give up training BJJ altogether in a few years because of mounting injuries.

That is bad news and in my view bad training if u want longevity, and not very sensible.
If u can barely move as u get older its not good news for general health.
This problem is not unique to BJJ, Judo also suffers.
The longterm physical health aspects and being able to use what you have learned when u r old is one of the strengths of incorporating more internal type training which has much lesser damaging effects on the body.

It’s fine if you want to do some type of tai chi training, just don’t claim efficiency in combat, that’s it...

I’m back in the mats, to be honest, I wouldn’t be if it wasn’t for the thread I posted here, I was misdiagnosed, incredibly, I had just a shoulder injury due to a td, the first doctor almost fucked my up for good... I took a second opinion and right away they found my problem...

It is known the Soviets have been close to Peoples republic of China for a long time
That long time lasted from around 1947 through 1953. Rest of the history can be described as cold war sometimes turning hot.

Well, as for origins I find it almost impossible to believe that the Russians just magically and independently invented again contact sensitivity training when no one else did. Only systema and tai chi/wing chun and internal styles have this.
This "Systema" thing was invented in 90s after Soviet Union breakup. People were trying to survive and earn money in every way possible. Videos and books were available, and borrowing from other styles was not uncommon.

Last edited:
Just a simple question... since none of the ppl mentioned actually trained any Systema in their entire life - why then do you need to train Systema if these so-called "Systema principles" can be obtained from many other martial arts? You don't really need it then, do you?

It's a bit like with Aikido, this issue. Aikido is supposed to teach you to throw ppl effortlessly, by using their own force etc. But any high level Judo player can do that - and more! Many Aikidoka spend 20+ years practicing their "effortless" art but fold as soon as a strong opponent resists. Judoka on the other hand deal with resistance daily and obtain their "effortlessness" in this way.

Not shitting on either art, mind you. I did Aikido and AS A COMPLEMENT to Judo (and other arts) it can be quite useful, I know I benefited from it. But all these "high-level" / "internal" arts being taught from scratch to complete n00bs is a completely misbegotten and ultimately futile endeavor.

Everyone just wants to push their agenda...

LISTEN TO the two sparring videos for F's sake before...WHEN DID I EVER CLAIM IT WAS GOOD FOR BEGINNERS?

and Systema teaches these things Directly, it's not hidden in some kata whose bunkai you have to figure out yourself

Seriously, guys just talking for talking....I don't care about the rest, but atleast LISTEN to the first 2 Sparring Vids, and understand the concepts I am talking about.

Last edited:
Jesus space time, the master Wolfman and systems, fuck me, I’m out

Thought this "Man" said he was out?

Hmmm, I've been dying of Lupus and sleap apnea, had major cyst removal surgery, at least two slipped disks in my back, and jacked as heck neck, arm numb for months.....

I'm still making it to open mats rolling with top black belts, with an inflammed heart sack. I still traveled the world sparred with the best.

But hey, guys that trained all of 7 yrs or so IN ONE STYLE only think they know more and bash from home, and talk shit like chickens from anonymity, and when I call them out Direct they don't respond.

Wallid Ismael what was that he said? Or Fabricio..."how taste my pee pee?"

That long time lasted from around 1947 through 1953. Rest of the history can be described as cold war sometimes turning hot.

This "Systema" thing was invented in 90s after Soviet Union breakup. People were trying to survive and earn money in every way possible. Videos and books were available, and borrowing from other styles was not uncommon.

Buying Subs and Hinds for $100K those were the days!

But, you act as if Ryabko branch looks so dissimilar to Kado branch, which it doesn't, and Kado was around teaching long time whose credentials you can not dis-credit.

But, you act as if Ryabko branch looks so dissimilar to Kado branch, which it doesn't, and Kado was around teaching long time whose credentials you can not dis-credit.
I do not have first hand experience with neither of the two. If we are talking about Kadochnikov we should differentiate training that he did for military and McDojos selling "Kado Style".
Here's a good article on that: https://anime-characters-fight.fandom.com/ru/wiki/Склизков_В.А._О_системе_Кадочникова

I have no idea whether Ryabko has anything in common with Kadochnikov, but I do see that his bio is fake and he is a liar.

I do not have first hand experience with neither of the two. If we are talking about Kadochnikov we should differentiate training that he did for military and McDojos selling "Kado Style".
Here's a good article on that: https://anime-characters-fight.fandom.com/ru/wiki/Склизков_В.А._О_системе_Кадочникова

I have no idea whether Ryabko has anything in common with Kadochnikov, but I do see that his bio is fake and he is a liar.

Interesting, but
Like I have already said, and said in the videos....

Systema and BJJ both have watered down in the 22 yrs or so I have been exposed to both from my understanding.

This is not too much my worry, but rather, what insights I have gained, from training with and discussions with someone that came up in the 90's when it was much harder with harder people.

Thought this "Man" said he was out?

Hmmm, I've been dying of Lupus and sleap apnea, had major cyst removal surgery, at least two slipped disks in my back, and jacked as heck neck, arm numb for months.....

I'm still making it to open mats rolling with top black belts, with an inflammed heart sack. I still traveled the world sparred with the best.

But hey, guys that trained all of 7 yrs or so IN ONE STYLE only think they know more and bash from home, and talk shit like chickens from anonymity, and when I call them out Direct they don't respond.

Wallid Ismael what was that he said? Or Fabricio..."how taste my pee pee?"

I’ve been rolling for 10... i do not pretend to know more than you, and I have said many times despite your horrendous self mkt that you do know your shit when it comes to grappling... I bash your terrible self marketing and your napoleon complex... dude no demian Maias isn’t lurking your channel to get techniques, Does this mean you suck at grappling? Nop. This means your fingers and Napoleon complex need to be control

I’ve been rolling for 10... i do not pretend to know more than you, and I have said many times despite your horrendous self mkt that you do know your shit when it comes to grappling... I bash your terrible self marketing and your napoleon complex... dude no demian Maias isn’t lurking your channel to get techniques, Does this mean you suck at grappling? Nop. This means your fingers and Napoleon complex need to be control

I thought you were out???? A man's word means nothing nowadays............

And yet with your limited knowledge, you say that Maia didn't intend to grab his own elbow to apply more pressure to the choke, that he didn't slide down to a butterfly grip to continually add more pressure to the choke when Askren pushed it off, and you acted as if the same as just one handed chokes that we have seen forever. Isn't that interesting. Perhaps I see and know way more than you.

Did Renzo Gracie retweet one of your instructional vids yesterday like he did mine? from my 2nd over 16k Subscriber youtube channels?

Funny actually, because Maia tried to show this choke to add pressure by grabbing own elbow to Renzo himself

hmmmm

I thought you were out???? A man's word means nothing nowadays............

And yet with your limited knowledge, you say that Maia didn't intend to grab his own elbow to apply more pressure to the choke, that he didn't slide down to a butterfly grip to continually add more pressure to the choke when Askren pushed it off, and you acted as if the same as just one handed chokes that we have seen forever. Isn't that interesting. Perhaps I see and know way more than you.

Did Renzo Gracie retweet one of your instructional vids yesterday like he did mine? from my 2nd over 16k Subscriber youtube channels?

Funny actually, because Maia tried to show this choke to add pressure by grabbing own elbow to Renzo himself

hmmmm

no he did not, he baited askren to grab the free arm there’s absolutely no need to increase the pressure when the choke is that deep.

I was out, injured, im back rolling, cause you know, people heal after a while

no he did not, he baited askren to grab the free arm there’s absolutely no need to increase the pressure when the choke is that deep.

I was out, injured, im back rolling, cause you know, people heal after a while
LMFAO
Yes, I am sure in all these years of grappling, Maia just happened to grab his own elbow that way when we haven't seen that before in every match ever.

Because when wanting to finish a RNC or any rear choke you want your opponent to grab your finishing power assist hand hahahhahahaahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Certainly you a purple know more about needing to increase pressure to finish a choke real world against a top grappler than black belts Maia and me...of course you do.

Certainly Maia never tried to show that to Renzo before right???? right?

Last edited:
Dan, I want to ask you a question in seriousness.

You have a high opinion of your contributions to global martial arts, as you regularly credit yourself with either the inception or distribution of many of the techniques that are seen in modern mma contests. Assuming that it's true, that Demian Maia learned the choke he applied directly due to your efforts (i.e. he got it from you in some fashion), that Lyoto Machida picked up tools from your teaching, my question is this.

Why do you spend so much time and energy arguing online about it?

We've all done what we've done, and nothing detractors can say will diminish that. Of course, it sucks to have to defend oneself in the face of legitimate accomplishments, but there is a point of diminishing returns, at which a person is just wasting time and energy pissing into the wind.

There are many content creators who post material in these forums regularly, as you do. I can't imagine any of them (aside from yourself) spending this much energy fighting with the general forum at large. They know the quality of their work, and they let their content and the body of their work speak for itself, naysayers be damned.

What do you gain by outpouring so much energy by arguing with people who you declare to be less intelligent, less skilled, less accredited, less traveled, less experienced, and less revered by the upper echelon of combat sports than you are?

By your account, what is going on here is akin to an accomplished physicist who is acclaimed by his global peers, arguing with students in a 100 class at a community college about how great he is. You clearly care alot about the opinions here, as you were so gotten to the other day that you attempted to dox a forum member in the open forum.

Why spend your time arguing with those you regularly claim are your inferiors, rather than rubbing elbows among elite company? You mention at every opportunity that the best in the business respect your opinions and contributions.

By your own account, the greatest fighters in the world respect your content and look to you for insight, yet rather than spending your time among them, you are here, fighting with us. Why?

LMFAO
Yes, I am sure in all these years of grappling, Maia just happened to grab his own elbow that way when we haven't seen that before in every match ever.

Because when wanting to finish a RNC or any rear choke you want your opponent to grab your finishing power assist hand hahahhahahaahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Certainly you a purple know more about needing to increase pressure to finish a choke real world against a top grappler than black belts Maia and me...of course you do.

Certainly Maia never tried to show that to Renzo before right???? right?

im a brown, if you can’t tap people with one hand that’s your problem, not mine.

your black belt means jack shit, I’m not getting a black because I drop the gi. And please don’t ever put your name besides Maia, that’s hilarious...

There I’m sure your better than rener too... he’s probably searching your vids for technique of the week...

Dan, I want to ask you a question in seriousness.

You have a high opinion of your contributions to global martial arts, as you regularly credit yourself with either the inception or distribution of many of the techniques that are seen in modern mma contests. Assuming that it's true, that Demian Maia learned the choke he applied directly due to your efforts (i.e. he got it from you in some fashion), that Lyoto Machida picked up tools from your teaching, my question is this.

Why do you spend so much time and energy arguing online about it?

We've all done what we've done, and nothing detractors can say will diminish that. Of course, it sucks to have to defend oneself in the face of legitimate accomplishments, but there is a point of diminishing returns, at which a person is just wasting time and energy pissing into the wind.

There are many content creators who post material in these forums regularly, as you do. I can't imagine any of them (aside from yourself) spending this much energy fighting with the general forum at large. They know the quality of their work, and they let their content and the body of their work speak for itself, naysayers be damned.

What do you gain by outpouring so much energy by arguing with people who you declare to be less intelligent, less skilled, less accredited, less traveled, less experienced, and less revered by the upper echelon of combat sports than you are?

By your account, what is going on here is akin to an accomplished physicist who is acclaimed by his global peers, arguing with students in a 100 class at a community college about how great he is. You clearly care alot about the opinions here, as you were so gotten to the other day that you attempted to dox a forum member in the open forum.

Why spend your time arguing with those you regularly claim are your inferiors, rather than rubbing elbows among elite company? You mention at every opportunity that the best in the business respect your opinions and contributions.

By your own account, the greatest fighters in the world respect your content and look to you for insight, yet rather than spending your time among them, you are here, fighting with us. Why?

TLDR-Make it about Systema guy who has multiple accounts.

I have 13 open windows right now, multi-tasking like a MFer, laughing at just how dumb people are helps me get through the day sometimes before going to go out do what I got to do, or after training when I have way more inflammation and pain than most.

Kadochnikov
Actually his son is is also an instructor. He is able to write english properly too and is available to ask about his style.
Does they have connection with reclamed systema or no. BTW famous YT have some videos with him too.

im a brown, if you can’t tap people with one hand that’s your problem, not mine.

your black belt means jack shit, I’m not getting a black because I drop the gi. And please don’t ever put your name besides Maia, that’s hilarious...

There I’m sure your better than rener too... he’s probably searching your vids for technique of the week...

You are still here?

I thought you were OUT remember?

And it took you a half hour to use Rener as a comeback, whom also missed it, after I owned your ass because you think you want to give up your arm to somebody.
And, just like I say in that my vid I am good at getting better guys with one hand, but that doesn't mean it is as good as the Crushing power possibly required to get a top grappler to tap now does it?

And just because I know some stuff others don't, be that Rener or you, doesn't mean I am claiming to be better than them. Rener sure seemed to like that Rolling Darce and Rolling Cobra Neck Cranks to finish off tough guys at seminars.....but guess you missed those too. Or, can you recall exactly where and in what vids I am talking about? Being your IQ seems to be around 90 or so I doubt it. Funny, don't remember those being in the OG GJJ curriculum either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back