Tai Tuivasa was never that good

Just a striker swinging for the fences

in the UFC he went 3 fight win streak, 3 fight losing streak, 5 fight win streak, 4 fight losing streak... maybe it's a pattern? If he loses 1 more fight he might win 7 in a row after that!

That pattern only happens because he loses all his step up fights and then they give him a bunch of cans in a row to build him back up.

UFC pretty much keep him around because he's exciting and he's good for the Aussie market.

As an aussie, I enjoy the guy, but he's an absolute can.

He needs to get back to the buzz cut - buzz cut Tuivasa almost slept Gane, then he came back with long hair as Washedivasa and has lost to way weaker opposition ever since

Tai being top 5 at one point was proof some mma divisions are regressing and this whole concept of super rapid evolution at every weight class is overblown. No, every ranked fighter today wouldn't automatically beat ranked fighters from 5, 10, or even 15 years ago. You're telling me Tai would have been a contender in the pride hw division? Fuck outta here lmao.

Heavyweight has literally always been this way. Did people forget Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson already?

He's only 31, lol at pretending he's "past his prime." He's always been this bad. His only win of note is Derrick Lewis, who as I mentioned has the unique ability to win or lose against anyone in the division. He just fought Lewis at the right time. One fight, one KO against a surging Lewis. That was the only reason he ever entered the top 10 and it took 2 years to get him out. You put him against Tybura 2 years ago and he loses the same way.

to me he's past his athletic prime too, even before he came to UFC he got smashed by Peter Graham who was like 40. when he came to UFC he was a lot smaller but also less fast and explosive as when he was younger and fatter. it took 2 yrs because UFC refused to remove him. he's literally never won a fight since beating Lewis.

in the UFC he went 3 fight win streak, 3 fight losing streak, 5 fight win streak, 4 fight losing streak... maybe it's a pattern? If he loses 1 more fight he might win 7 in a row after that!
I missed that one on the ACT

Define "good"? In my divisions, especially HW, if you have heavy hands and land more than you take, you have a decent chance of doing well

Maybe if you're in the ufc, you should train as such and not come in morbidly obese with absolutely zero ground game. Put the beer down and live in the gym.
It's impossible to be 265 and shredded without a huge amount of steroids. All HW are going to look at least a little soft

HW is beyond terrible right now.

You have two semi-retired guys that barely fight, one with a single HW fight.

You have Aspinall who is well rounded and talented.

You have totally one dimensional guys: Almeida, Tuivosa, Lewis, Gane, Rozenstruck.

Then you have guys that hit hard and are sort of well rounded, but not masters of anything: Blaydes, Tyburov, Volkov. Good, not amazing athletes.

And whatever Pavlovich is.

That's it. That's the division. It's beyond pathetic. Some of them barely seem to train properly.

Tai being top 5 at one point was proof some mma divisions are regressing and this whole concept of super rapid evolution at every weight class is overblown. No, every ranked fighter today wouldn't automatically beat ranked fighters from 5, 10, or even 15 years ago. You're telling me Tai would have been a contender in the pride hw division? Fuck outta here lmao.
I don't understand why people want to believe this so bad. I understand being respectful to past fighters but this is total bs. Most those guys back then couldn't even throw a proper punch. They had a few good strikers but their grappling was just as bad or worse than Tais

He spends most of his time in Thailand, he'll be fine in Hollywood so long as they don't want to do any kissing scenes in Makhachkala.

Seems like a nice dude and entertaining fighter but I’m so glad he’s been losing. I haven’t had to watch a literal grown adult man drink alcohol out of strangers sweaty disgusting athletes foot planters wart infected shoe. Once he literally took a fans shoe and the fan spit in it before handing it to him and tuviasa watched the fan do it but still fucking drank it. The most disgusting shit I’ve ever seen watching ufc.
I think that was Volk that spit in it

He was overanked
If you drink put of shoes the UFC wants to promote you.

It's impossible to be 265 and shredded without a huge amount of steroids. All HW are going to look at least a little soft
Stop, if Tuivasa was dedicated and serious about his fighting career he would be 218-243 as a LHW. Fighters like Tuivasa are getting phased out, I honestly believe he's the worst fighter in the UFC based on skill, he sucks. He could take all the steroids in the world but building actual MMA skills, wrestlingX striking submission, grappling etc takes actual dedication ex GSP, Khabib, Demetrius. Tuivasa is not that guy, it was clear YEARS ago, people were just too gullible and didn't want to admit it, he's not a good fighter.

Back