International Taliban edict to resume stoning women to death met with horror

If you still believe Islam is barbaric and that a Secular society best protects the interests and rights of the people then you need to do some reflecting on our current society and how much freedom do we really have (and what does freedoms are really given).

I encourage everyone to start reading books on history outside of the dominant Western framework. Here is a great overview of how Secularism is the not clean and unbiased system we have told it is.

Flagrant social and economic disparities, working conditions beyond appalling, and monarchical rule barely emerged from the age of absolutism all gave rise to mob violence and unruly urban populations, which in turn induced the state to introduce an organized and well-staffed police apparatus that not only maintained a presence in these urban areas but extended its sway into the countryside, which had formerly been beneath the radar of rulers. By the later part of the nineteenth century, no village, town, or city could escape the watchful eye of this apparatus. And to reinforce the policing apparatus, an unprecedented, colossal prison system was created. But crude physical force was not enough, and this the European rulers understood. The population had to be educated in the ways of good conduct, and good conduct meant social order and, in a thoroughly capitalist system, an ability to work and produce. Discipline thus translated into a site in which the subject was corralled into a system of order and instrumental utility. The system that was adopted to accomplish this regulative mechanism was the school, which began to spring up everywhere in various forms, and concurrent with the consolidation of the police apparatus, the school became a standard social fixture by the end of the nineteenth century. Legislated as mandatory (literally coercing parents to send their children to schools on pain of imprisonment), primary education forced the great majority of Europe’s children into a regimented system where certain ideas and ideals were drilled into their minds. The days of learning within the family or church were gone forever. Still, policing and schooling were not enough: poverty in the wake of the Industrial Revolution intensified, and social discontent became ever more evident. Vividly remembering the French Revolution and its causes of discontent, reformers, politicians, and rulers quickly realized that poverty could lead to another revolution, one that might snatch both political power and economic privilege from under their feet. Quickly enough, state welfare systems began to be established in all of the European countries, creating a social safety net and, even more importantly, public health institutions and specialized hospitals. [12] [13]

Hallaq, Wael. “The Impossible State.” Islam, Politics, and Modernity’s Moral Predicament, 2012

This paragraph doesn't support your claim that Islamic rule is superior than secular rule or even that it's on par with secular rule.
Welfare states were established because poverty could lead to revolution? Ok? So I'm supposed to be mad social services etc exist because of that origin story? Because parents were forced to send their kids to school I'm supposed to be mad that I'm educated? And what's that got to do with Islamic rule being superior?
Prisons? Schools? Police? Welfare state? Oh, these don't exist in Islamic countries, they're just an evil of secular states I guess.
Cope harder, the more educated people are becoming the more open they are to Islam. Its not a suprise an intellectual such as Nietzche held Islam in high regards compared to the ignorant majority who has only known about Islam from what they hear from the news and detractors who will any deception and lies such Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro.

Oh wow, smart men like Nietzsche liked Islam and idiots like Shapiro don't? On the other hand, Voltaire disliked Islam and I can easily find stupid an unintelligent and/or dishonest Muslim somewhere. None of that proves anything about the legitimacy of Islam or the strengths and weaknesses of Islam or of Islam-inspired behaviour.

The problem is Muslims are where Christians were about 500 years ago as far as progression.
You underestimate how quickly Christian societies have changed, with regards to women. In the 1700s women had very little freedom in Europe, including property rights or freedom of movement. Even in the 1900s women had to just put up with domestic violence, if it occurred and spousal rape only became illegal in the late 1900s. Women didn't have the right to their own bank account or to get loans without male permission until the 1960s-1970s in the UK or US (much earlier in France - 1880s - so a lot of variability. Likewise, you'll find a lot of variability between Muslim populations or even within Muslim countries. Malaysia, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Turkey all have different situations, just like USA, Germany, Uganda, Brazil and Georgia do...even greater variability if you include Christian and Muslim minorities around the world).

The difference is secular democracy, just in case you didnt know. People like this guy want Christian theocracy because they want laws like this, and he's far from the only one.

The difference is they are a unsupported fring in the Christian world.

Islamic values of justice are better than the hypocritical Secularists.

That's not a demonstration of the awesomeness of "Islamic values of Justice." There is no such thing as an advanced economy Country who has no blood on their hands when it comes to geopolitical affairs.

Also I don't care if someone is a Muslim. I care about fundamentalists who think they can justify permanently making people second class citizens and executing infidels...because they're lunatics.

The difference is they are a unsupported fring in the Christian world.

I don't think that's demonstrably true. Secular democracy is the reason there are laws against them running the Government.

How are the women found guilty, are the men involved also stoned ?

I don't think that's demonstrably true. Secular democracy is the reason there are laws against them running the Government.

Of course it is. How many Christians support throwing hsys off roof tops or stoning women.

It really, really is.

It shows the level of inherent bias when people genuinely, truly believe there is a difference between hate perpetuated against different groups based on religion and ethnicity, especially when both are minorities in western nations (and Japan, if that's where you live).

Hate is hate.

Trying to justify hating one group makes you a poor human being. Call it dumb all you want, you're trying to force a completely fraudulent argument. You are objectively and obviously wrong.

Holy shit you're still arguing it?

I think you will find that the reasons people are critical or hateful towards Islam, are completely different reasons to those who are critical or hateful towards Jews.
Next, why don't you try to compare devout Muslims to their Jew equivalent.
Any normal person could see why someone hates islam as a whole. You can't quite justify doing the same for Jews.

Holy shit you're still arguing it?

I think you will find that the reasons people are critical or hateful towards Islam, are completely different reasons to those who are critical or hateful towards Jews.

WTF, that's what you thought I was arguing? That the criticisms are the same ones?

{<jordan}

Cope harder, the more educated people are becoming the more open they are to Islam. Its not a suprise an intellectual such as Nietzche held Islam in high regards compared to the ignorant majority who has only known about Islam from what they hear from the news and detractors who will any deception and lies such Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro.
Now let those "educated" people move to a fundamentalist Muslim nation. Have them try and leave the religion and ask them their opinions on it .

Islamic scholars were incredibly smart people , still are. No disagreements there . That's not my gripe. Living like 8th century barbarians is my problem. Worshipping a snake oil salesman, a pedo , a war lord and tyrant and forcefully trying to convert people to that ideology through violence is where the problem lies

So yeah , cope harder.

I already mentioned it in the last thread talking about how women are faring under the Taliban.

if Biden was honest, many of the evacuees and refugees from Afghanistan would’ve been single women… instead of the predominantly male cowards who couldn’t defend their country for half a fuckin day after the US said no mas before they tucked tail and ran to the last planes leaving.

Nobody really thought that government was going to hold up but they lied anyway.

Since the Taliban regained control, I wonder what percentage of Afghan refugees are women. I’d imagine it’s quite meager despite them being the most at risk in a Taliban controlled country. Especially since the paper government had them all in school and positions of power.

Atleast Trump was obvious about the fact that we lost and Taliban was going to take over. The deal was to make that smoother than how it turned out. Biden wanted to pretend he was leaving a viable government lol.

Afghan women are pretty fine when they aren’t covered in tarps. Instead we got a bunch of dudes..probably many who were bacha Bazi’s from the stories I’ve heard from friends who were over there with our “allies”

What exactly did Trump do to make it smooth? Apart from the blatant capitulation and ridiculous time table, he proceeded to ban immigration from Afghanistan and left a massive asylum backlog.

Biden should had said fuck it to the Taliban, but i guess American credibility took priority

Fundies are fundies Bro. Dont act like the brown ones are worse.

Big difference is that Christian fundies got their shit pushed in during the Modern Era.

Muslim fundies still hold a lot of power

Yea all those Christians stoning women out there.

Why don't you provide some links to that so we can balance this thread out.

It took a lot of persecution by States for Christians to understand they couldnt do the shit they do.

When they had political power they did shit like burning witches and Inquisitions.

Good thing we taught religious leadership a lesson

Big difference is that Christian fundies got their shit pushed in during the Modern Era.

Muslim fundies still hold a lot of power

In some areas. There are insane Christian groups with power in Africa, Central America, and Russia. Lately the US has been soft on the religious right, hence their boldness in becoming increasingly political and saying sh*t like that Democrats are Demons, and calling for the executions of gays and women who get abortions.

Of course it is. How many Christians support throwing hsys off roof tops or stoning women.

Are you expecting a list? How many don't? I can show you videos of Christian leaders saying sh*t like that in front of their congregations who cheer. Also what do you mean by "support?" Whenever Christians say sh*t like this they dont get excommunicated or anything.

WTF are you talking about...dude? Militant Christian groups operate in many parts of the world. Zionism, currently wrecking and starving Arabs in Gaza ate wholeheartedly backed by Evangelical Christians. And my statement was about this behavior from ALL Abrahamic fundamentalists. These religions are just altogether terrible at self-policing for absolute lunatics, and that has been a problem all through History.
I bet when you wrote this you were like, I’m totally a bad ass blue named white knight let me check this motherfucker!

Afghanistan is a country of what? 40 million? The entire fucking country is under an absolute abusive religiously aligned political power that simply fucks down their people like this is the fucking Stone Age. Then, guess what?? They’re not alone! Let’s look at the other 10, 15, 20, self nominated religiously secular countries that are complete assholes. What religion could they be?

So yeah one specific religion in modern times seems to be a bit worse. But I got it, your point is all religions of Abraham bad. Hell yeah dude atheist 4 life.

In some areas. There are insane Christian groups with power in Africa, Central America, and Russia. Lately the US has been soft on the religious right, hence their boldness in becoming increasingly political and saying sh*t like that Democrats are Demons, and calling for the executions of gays and women who get abortions.

And if these so-called Christians in the US killed gays and women who get abortions, they will be charged with murder. Contrast this to the Muslim majority countries where such murderers will be given light to no sentences. And in most cases, homosexuality is punishable by death by the government.

Hitler was also open to Islam

Back