Tank Abbott vs Matua is the best stiff KO of all time

While absolutely savage, we don’t see them go stiff in either.

Hell, the first one he doesn’t even drop (though you can tell he is flash dead).

Any clips/gifs of the full KOs? Those are pretty sweet.

<{JustBleed}>
Weird. The gif shows him hitting the floor like a tree that was felled. It works fine for me.

Tank vs. Nelmark was the most brutal short punch KO ever. Better than anything Carwin did.

Tank is such an over the top natural heel its insane.

His trash-talking was next level. I still can't believe people thought Askren was witty or clever.

Tank's KO was for sure the most brutal stiff KO. However, the level of competition was pretty low (Matua was making his debut and ended up with a losing record in mma).

Some less dramatic KOs happened to much stiffer competition (pun).

It's worth noting that Matua was a 400-pound mountain of a man, though...usually not the easiest guys to KO like that...especially Pacific Islanders.

Yeah I see his head-twist + mouth-piece go flying and then the GIF resets - what fight was that?
Derrick Jefferson vs Maurice Harris. The gif cutting short is a browser issue. I switched to Chrome and can now see it shortened. Start at 2.50 if you aren't interested in the other knockdowns.

Everyone’s posting gifs and vids of fighters from local orgs with amazing KO’s. But Tanks KO is iconic. One of the first, in the biggest promotion ever, by a pioneer. That’s got to count for a lot.

His trash-talking was next level. I still can't believe people thought Askren was witty or clever.
He was. He is.
You dont have to be like Tank to have good trash talk. Hell,most of Tanks heel stuff came more from what he did than what he said,although he was funny too.

<45>;);)<45>

I agree. Nothing else even comes close to how awesome that was. I've even got the Tank Abbott signed picture on my wall. Now if I could just get John Matua to sign it that would be worth some money haha

3-A51-FFAD-EF05-4410-9-D52-2-F8-AD6-B84772.jpg

Nobody beats Matt lindlands 2 stiffer uppers in a row!

vs vitor in affliction
And vs robbie in strike force lol

So stiff you could iron your shirt on him
And if I recall, in both instances he remained out for very long period of time.

Derrick Jefferson vs Maurice Harris. The gif cutting short is a browser issue. I switched to Chrome and can now see it shortened. Start at 2.50 if you aren't interested in the other knockdowns.

you rock buddy thanks - I saw this earlier in the year on bloody elbow...what a fight & finish! KO of the century contender!!!!

He was. He is.
You dont have to be like Tank to have good trash talk. Hell,most of Tanks heel stuff came more from what he did than what he said,although he was funny too.

He starts talking bout other fighters around the 1:40 mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back